[EVENT ENDED] Trophies and Relief Doctors involving Struggle

Just a small update from me:

I got 3 games for the 8th Doctor: Endling, Super Hang-On and Datura during yesterday.

I will likely get 3 quick games in (Episode 3 to 5 of SBCG4AP, since Episode 1 and 2 times are over 90 minutes in the leaderboard... but I will play them in order).

No second game for the 1st Doctor, since Steins;Gate Elite will take me to long to finish this month..

Edit: Forgot Endling as a sub 90 minutes game that I got yesterday too.., so 3 of the 5 eligible games done..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 2

Three more entries for me!

First up, two more Resident Evil games for Fourth Doctor. I wrote a bit about Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City elsewhere. In sum, I didn't find much to like about the former but found the latter flawed but enjoyable. I think my final entry for this doctor will be Resident Evil Re:Verse, the multiplayer-only game that came bundled with Village. This has been quite a fun event for working toward series completion!

Secondly I am closing out my participation for Fifth Doctor with yet another sport-shooting game, Big Buck Arcade. It's fairly similar to the Cabela's game I already did for the event, but without the awkward and weird story mode. It's a very quick completion relative to its rarity which is always enjoyable, but overall I wouldn't rate it too highly.

• Like 3

Sorry, I've been dead weight because I moved to a new house and haven't gotten settled in yet. I did finish one game for the 15th Doctor, though. The game is called Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle. Unsurprisingly, it is a puzzle game. I guess it's kinda like a mix between an escape room and a sliding puzzle. I actually put like 20 hours into it, despite using a walkthrough to get 3 stars on every level (after the second or third mansion because ain't nobody got time for that).

I don't see me finishing another game before the end of the event, but that should give my team the green checkmark!

• Like 3

Hello again friends, Wowee, we are up to 75/80 pounds that can be earnt so far as I write this. Since we're in the last 5 days of the event, this will be the last donation appeal. 

Tajikistan (Click for information)

Doctors without Borders main aim within Tajikistan is to eliminate Tuberculosis, this is being focused among children (particularly those with drug resistant strains) and prison populations which could otherwise be intense breeding grounds for disease. TB education is very important to ensure that drug resistance isn't fostered in incomplete treatments. Tajikistan is also experiencing conflicts at its southern border, and DWB are supporting local hospitals for people injured in the clashes. Some TB drugs have become a lot cheaper in recent days, so any donations will be much more impactful than before.

Okie Dokie, I just completed a 4th game for the Thirteenth Doctor and it's Destroy All Humans 2! Reprobed Single Player. Annoyingly I had bought this game on PS5 for my brother as a future Christmas present, so I played the PS4 version when it got added to PS Plus just in case it didn't last long on there.

The game contains Anthony Head who only has one video game appearance, and it's in this game as MI 16 head, Agent Ponsonby. But in Doctor who, he has quite a lot of appearances. He plays the Bat head master "Mr Finch", he was the first major animated antagonist on a televised episode: "Baltazar" in The Infinite Quest, and he is even the Narrator in the BTS series: Doctor Who Confidential for series 3 and 4.

How to Beat Reginald Ponsonby-Smythe in Destroy All Humans 2: Reprobed -  Gamer Journalist The Earth is Doomed — Anthony Head in Doctor Who School Reunion (2006)Baltazar. | Doctor who, Doctor, Time travel

The game itself is a remake of the PS2 game which I watched my brother play when I was a lot younger.

And it's also the only game I've ever played that has a content warning for poorly aged opinions in the same vein as old Disney movies. I assumed it couldn't be that bad but then an alien god demanded that I bring it "Female Slaves" and the Japan level featured Yuri Lowenthal doing a very sketchy Asian accent... But the game is also somewhat progressive too, with one mission being an obvious piss take of neo-liberal ideals of battling consumerism with "good consumerism" which a ideal that I still see around that I would love to talk about, but I have a review to write.

Gameplay wise they've added S.K.A.T.E which make ground traversal alot quicker and I am very much for it, otherwise the game is basically the same as the original release, it's a loose combat system that's designed to make you feel like the most dangerous being in the room, it's a fun thing to zone out to, but it's not a game I can recommend for it's gameplay outside of being a power fantasy, since PK is a supremely overpowered attack especially if you upgrade it to lift up tanks.

I was surprised by the story since the first one was literally just a story about killing humans, and I got bored. But the Crypto clone in this game is a lot nicer, and by that I mean he has actual fondness for aspects of humanity and even gets a human love interest, it's very little but endearing enough for me to route for him. 

The games graphics are obviously better than the PS2 version, and the environments are so much more diverse and interesting than the first game's 5 flavours of United States.

________

I also want to reveal that part of the reason I didn't put down a second category was to leave me free for any potential missing categories, I completed inscryption for the Twelfth Doctor, A Castle full of Cats for the Ninth Doctor, and a tonne of short games for the Eighth Doctor. But the First Doctor is what remains so it's time to submit a time travel game Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time.

united we stand; — Ratchet: I'm sorry about your father, Clank. I...

I've completed this game on old accounts and have played every other R&C game multiple times before, giving a fair review that isn't nostalgia blinded is near impossible.

A Crack in Time is my second favourite in the franchise, behind 3 and ahead of A Rift Apart. (Maybe I just have a Dr Nefarious bias... wait no, 2016 is one of the lowest on my list never mind.)

The time travel in this is surprisingly infrequent, time manipulation is much more common, but there are times of travel like when you crack Nefarious's head 3 years prior, and his eye breaks in the present after the past was changed.

Gameplay wise it still holds up, even when compared to A Rift Apart, and it's still graphically pretty thanks to the lovely colour choices. My only complaint is that the Dynamo uses motion controls, and my PS3 controller's six-axis is kinda dead. So that gun was nearly unusable for me.

If I review any more I'd just gush and most people already know this game is good so let's move on.

________

The Max funding has now been reached! but that doesn't mean that you can rest on your laurels, someone could come by and add a whole bunch of points into your category or an opposing team. And it would be nice to win. 

If you post anything on the 27th, I probably won't see it for a while for cake based reasons, so don't be surprised if I take a while to respond.

• Like 3

Hey! I know i'm late to the party but it's hard to find time these days 😄 but a Doctor Who themed event and for a good cause! Thank you for hosting the event and the donations! Anyway i would like to join if possible and put 1 point (One Night Stand) for the 9th doctor and 1 point (Red Bow) for the 14th doctor. Not gonna lie i really wanted to own a vr for this event 🙃

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Teh_DDgamez said:

Hey! I know i'm late to the party but it's hard to find time these days 😄 but a Doctor Who themed event and for a good cause! Thank you for hosting the event and the donations! Anyway i would like to join if possible and put 1 point (One Night Stand) for the 9th doctor and 1 point (Red Bow) for the 14th doctor. Not gonna lie i really wanted to own a vr for this event 🙃

You can join 👍, but the games you selected are short games (the 50th fastest person to 100% took less than 90 minutes) and would automatically go in the eight Doctor section, would you like to submit them there? You would still be eligible for the winning badge.

Edited by Breakingthegreen
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Breakingthegreen said:

You can join 👍, but the games you selected are short games (the 50th fastest person to 100% took less than 90 minutes) and would automatically go in the eight Doctor section, would you like to submit them there? You would still be eligible for the winning badge.

Sure, thank you! Unfortunately no point for Tennant doctor but still i'll be supporting a Doctor! Ahah

• Like 1

Final entry for me in Fourth Doctor with Resident Evil: Re:Verse. It's a multiplayer-only game that came bundled with Resident Evil: Village and it's not hard to see why it was a bundle exclusive, or even why it has no platinum. I boosted the entire thing in about 2 hours with a total of 4 consoles, no randoms the entire time and really no sweat.

As for the game itself, it's quite mediocre and makes you wonder why they even bothered. I think the mainline Resident Evil titles, especially starting with Re 7, tend to be graphically and mechanically excellent but this is neither. It's got an ugly, cheap looking art style and the movement/controls are equally poor. There's only one mode in the entire game, free-for-all featuring up to 6 players, and matches last just 5 minutes. I'm not a huge multiplayer person but it's hard to imagine anyone thinking this could be a success, especially with how saturated the whole "horror multiplayer" sub-genre has become in the last 4 or 5 years.

But enough about that! Congrats to @Breakingthegreen for running a fantastic event, and everyone who participated for achieving the donation threshold in all categories!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...