TMNT x Street Fighter

kluhyarg

Anyone whatching the EVO's SF6 finals yestarday? Had crazy matches, the A.K.I. trailer... but I was not expecting this collaboration! ?

Edit: The one singing is the Luke's voice actor. Source: 

Edited by kluhyarg
  • Like 1

I can't be the only person to think this is just stupid, or am I?

You know I think it was pretty funny seeing T800, Predator and Alien etc in the recent Mortal Kombat games, they did a good job, but also in hindsight I do think it was also a dumb idea.

Same with Tekken and well I guess, not as dumb as cross overs like in the shit that was Multi Versus.

There were some good ones though, like Robocop VS Terminator and especially Alien VS Predator.

But honestly, cross overs are getting a bit done to death and I think it actually harms the IP sometimes more than it benefits.

5 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

You know I think it was pretty funny seeing T800, Predator and Alien etc in the recent Mortal Kombat games, they did a good job, but also in hindsight I do think it was also a dumb idea.

Same with Tekken and well I guess, not as dumb as cross overs like in the shit that was Multi Versus.

There were some good ones though, like Robocop VS Terminator and especially Alien VS Predator.

But honestly, cross overs are getting a bit done to death and I think it actually harms the IP sometimes more than it benefits.

This is more an event, you get things for your avatar not even for the main fighters...

Still, personally I dont like it either, this things for your avatar are lame and not needed (And usually looks bad, like SF on PUBG or DMC on MHW), I would have preferred skins for the main fighters... Cammy as April, Luke as Casey Jones or something...

19 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

It's only stuff for use in the battle hub and world tour. Personally I prefer this way because you keep the roster spots for street fighter characters, but bring cool stuff for your avatar.

• Like 1

I don't care about the TMNT skins but SF6 at Evo was amazing, it was the best top 6 with so many crazy sets and this game has me totally convinced.  Such a breath of fresh air after the turgid gameplay and bland visuals of SFV.

Edited by WakeUpHP
  • Like 3

This is not an EVO thread but yeah, the Top 6 was very good. The result would have been different if MenaRD didnt had started the Top 6 on the losers bracket.

The only good thing of the TMNT event is that they are using the classic 90 ones, not the horrible Nickelodeon crap design.

Edited by DeepEyes7

11 minutes ago, RevengeancePrime said:

They could have at least given us a Shredder skin (preferably the one from the 2003 animated series). This makes me less interested in the upcoming Spy x Family collab now. I was hoping for a Yor costume for Manon since she's my main, but it'll probably end up being another lame avatar collab. 

Yeah, thought the same... A lot of collabs will be just avatars stuff, not looking forward to see the battle hub filled with buff monstrosities running dressed as Anya...

P.S. The Yor costume would have been for the fellow female assassin Cammy ?

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DeepEyes7 said:

This is not an EVO thread but yeah, the Top 6 was very good. The result would have been different if MenaRD didnt had started the Top 6 on the losers bracket.

The only good thing of the TMNT event is that they are using the classic 90 ones, not the horrible Nickelodeon crap design.

Well the OP also asked whether anyone had been watching finals yesterday. 

You're probably right about MenaRD, but the margins were tiny.  Angrybird also played amazing and the fact that he was willing to play on after the controller disconnect when he was entitled to take the game was top sportsmanship so I was delighted he won.  Really amazing decency under so much pressure and with so much at stake.  In fact, I think Evo rules state that a controller disconnect or a pause is an automatic round loss - the opposing player actually has no say in whether he takes the round or not - but it happened quickly and the referees didn't get involved.  In the end it was probably the right decision and I'm glad it didn't spoil the final.

Also it's great to see how international SF has become.  DR vs UAE grand finals?  Would have been unthinkable 10 years ago.

Edited by WakeUpHP

I heard that the TMNT theme in the trailer is sang by Luke's voice actor, anyone knows if this is true? ?

36 minutes ago, WakeUpHP said:

You're probably right about MenaRD, but the margins were tiny.  Angrybird also played amazing and the fact that he was willing to play on after the controller disconnect when he was entitled to take the game was top sportsmanship so I was delighted he won.  Really amazing decency under so much pressure and with so much at stake.  In fact, I think Evo rules state that a controller disconnect or a pause is an automatic round loss - the opposing player actually has no say in whether he takes the round or not - but it happened quickly and the referees didn't get involved.  In the end it was probably the right decision and I'm glad it didn't spoil the final.

Also it's great to see how international SF has become.  DR vs UAE grand finals?  Would have been unthinkable 10 years ago.

Yeah, it was a very cool gesture from AngryBird! And the intensity of the matches were crazy, not a single boring match.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WakeUpHP said:

And because it was at the start of the round, easier to pass, still yes, a good gesture. MenaRD vs Tokido was very good, thats why I dont like to fight againt Blanka...

Update done, no tournaments announced yet, and everything related to this collab can only be bought with FC, so real money (besides the 4 titles and song that you get for free)... One full costume is 750 FC, so around 14.99 US... Capcom is getting more greedy by the day....

4 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Update done, no tournaments announced yet, and everything related to this collab can only be bought with FC, so real money (besides the 4 titles and song that you get for free)... One full costume is 750 FC, so around 14.99 US... Capcom is getting more greedy by the day....

14.99? Even if it was for the four avatar costumes this would be too much for me. ?

• 1 month later...