Is it too late?

Azakos

So today I plan on signing up for next semester's classes at the community college I go to. It has me thinking about the future. What do I want to do? To be honest, I already knew that I didn't want a job outside of the entertainment field. I'm very uninterested in anything that doesn't scream fun.

Here I am now, thinking about animation. I haven't done too much research on it, I just know that it would be cool to tell people that I was a part of making that one film or that one cartoon. My drawing is amateur at best. Sure, growing up it was better than most of the kids, but by nature most people suck at drawing. And there are people that are naturally good, and have further trained themselves and have been taught to be even better.

I guess I've been discouraged lately, feeling way behind the game. So I'm here to ask the opinion of others possibly in the works of graphics and art, is it too late for me? Now I'm not here to receive empty comments about how anyone can achieve their dreams if they just believe and all of that. I want to know realistically what I'm looking at.

So...

?

Azakos, what are you 15 / 16? either way I think you are a bit young to be resigning yourself to any scrapheap.

I'll let you in on a secret, @ 18 I was offered a once in a lifetime offer of a position in an art college in Italy ( I live in the UK.) I passed it up, because my sensible side said carry on with IT, it will be difficult to find work as an artist.

All these years later, It's the only real regret in life I have. the old saying is true: later in life you tend to only regret the things you didnt do rather than those you did do. Its one of the few things I cringe about when I think back to it.

Give it a bash, even if you fail, you can at least say I tried. dont settle for the fallback option like I did.

• Like 1

You never know until you try.

Although overall design/artisitc occupations are enjoyable, do NOT fool yourself into thinking they are any less stress free than other jobs and are always "fun".

Meeting deadlines, budgets, quota's, expectations, dealing with Administrators and clients......just like any job, they can be enough to make you want to jump off a bridge at times.

• 4 weeks later...