Terrible game, with terrible mechanics

Bought it today and already regret that. Why? First of all which frustrates me the most is stupid Infinite loading screen glitch (moreover it happens even on PS5). It's loading over and over and after about 2-3 minutes icon dissappears leaving with game logo and nothing happens. All u can do in this situation is just close the app and reset it. Terrible movement would not be as bad if jump mechanic was much better. It's totally  random - once it counts as a jump, once game thinks that u do something else and doesn't register it as it should which oftenly leads you to die or lose a huge portion of hp. I am still surprised why this game has such a high price. Imo it's not worth more than 10-15$.  If u are not player who has ever played any metroidvania type of game, u should not be interested in buying this game. I like gameplay based on that mechanic (to revisit areas u've already been with a new tools allowing you to explore more and more), but this game has some serious problems which taking away whole fun.

Edited by Crusad3rp
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Crusad3rp said:

Bought it today and already regret that. Why? First of all which frustrates me the most is stupid Infinite loading screen glitch (moreover it happens even on PS5). It's loading over and over and after about 2-3 minutes icon dissappears leaving with game logo and nothing happens. All u can do in this situation is just close the app and reset it. Terrible movement would not be as bad if jump mechanic was much better. It's totally  random - once it counts as a jump, once game thinks that u do something else and doesn't register it as it should which oftenly leads you to die or lose a huge portion of hp. I am still surprised why this game has such a high price. Imo it's not worth more than 10-15$.  If u are not player who has ever played any metroidvania type of game, u should not be interested in buying this game. I like gameplay based on that mechanic (to revisit areas u've already been with a new tools allowing you to explore more and more), but this game has some serious problems which taking away whole fun.

Something is happening with your PS5, that's not normal..

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, giinha said:

Infinite loading screens are definitely a thing in this game. Happened to me many times too.

Game is awesome though.

• Like 1

So much ranting and yet nothing  concrete was really said, bought this on release and while it does had some flaws the team did their best to correct them,  it's clear to see how much passion went into creating this game, specially if you know Iga, I've been playing this game for years and never had the issues you spoke of, to me this is one of the best metroidvanias and it's Castlevania in everything but name, it's okay not to like something but straight up telling people to avoid a great game because you personally didn't like it really grind my gears.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, giinha said:

Definetly not. Played a lot of games and i have never experienced this. I made some research before i post this thread and many ppl were reporting similar bug, but on PS4 Pro (sometimes with SSD). This is the most frustrating partg, especially if you are playing the game for the first time and u die oftenly on boss. Imagine that after every defeat, you have to wait around 1-2 minutes and sometimes its not enough and you have to reset whole app. 

14 minutes ago, Baker said:

Infinite loading screens are definitely a thing in this game. Happened to me many times too.

Game is awesome though.

It is the issue. I guess it depends on luck. Maybe this is why i am so frustrated and rate this game lower than i really should. Generally speaking - it has nice graphics, pretty good sound and voice acting and deep gameplay, but its still broken on many fields. Shame.

11 minutes ago, Crusad3rp said:

It is the issue. I guess it depends on luck. Maybe this is why i am so frustrated and rate this game lower than i really should. Generally speaking - it has nice graphics, pretty good sound and voice acting and deep gameplay, but its still broken on many fields. Shame.

Best way to avoid it is just don’t die. ?

But my advice is to stick with the game. It starts of a bit slow but it keeps getting better and better.

Good luck.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baker said:

Best way to avoid it is just don’t die. 1f605.png

But my advice is to stick with the game. It starts of a bit slow but it keeps getting better and better.

Good luck.

Yeah ? its the best solution in perfect world, but unfortunetly (and in my case its inevitable) i will die oftenly on bosses which will lead me to face with these glitched loading screens. Shame that there is no any workaround.

Anyway thx mate. Hope its gonnna be more exciting later. Cheers and have a good day.

Edited by Crusad3rp

49 minutes ago, Crusad3rp said:

Definetly not. Played a lot of games and i have never experienced this. I made some research before i post this thread and many ppl were reporting similar bug, but on PS4 Pro (sometimes with SSD). This is the most frustrating partg, especially if you are playing the game for the first time and u die oftenly on boss. Imagine that after every defeat, you have to wait around 1-2 minutes and sometimes its not enough and you have to reset whole app. 

This is sad.

From start to platinum I had no problems with this game, and based on popular votes, I thought this game had no major problems.

Hope it get's better for you.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Crusad3rp said:

I owe u all an apology, because i made a huge mistake rating this game so low. It's definetly not awesome tittle, but after many hours spend in Bloodstained, i need to admit that i really love this game and now i understand why other users thought that this thread is a bait. Shame that i still have technical issues (loading screens are infinite) and to be fair beginning of the journey is difficult and boring, but if u go through this stage - it's really worth it's price. All i want from community is ... forgive me my previous words. Cheers.

It happens. There have been some games that I didn't like at first, but after a few hours of play they ended up becoming games that I didn't regret starting.

Just take it easy next time 😆

Edited by giinha
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2023 at 2:32 PM, giinha said:

I have to say, it happened to me too. Now the games alternates loading screen of 10 second with loading screens of 45, but at the start the loading screen was around the 3-4 minutes and then I had to close the game because it froze