Completing technically two games to get one platinum XD

Michaw99

Today I’ve started for third time Marston’s story and after installing game there is something that at least I saw first time. We must achieve 100% in both RDR 1 and RDR UN to get platinum XD Despite being originally DLC trophy pack in PS3 I think that we must admit that Undead Nightmare was really good and ambitious addition to original RDR 1, which then maybe was just a DLC, but in today standards I will be really happy, if devs make so well-developed story DLCs, like UN, or TLAD and TBOGT for GTA IV. It feels like completely new game and not just DLC. Honestly, I thought that RDR UN trophies would be marked as DLC trophies, I was hoping that maybe it will be separated into two games to get two trophies, but what a (bad) surprise!
Do you guys and gals think that same situation will occur, if Rockstar would decide to do a GTA IV port on PS4? Honestly, I’m afraid of that, because I feel that Undead Nightmare, TLAD and TBOGT trophies are poorly developed and many people can skip most of game content to do that few trophies in future and in my opinion it now Undead Nightmare and maybe in future TLAD and TBOGT should have separate trophies and platinums.

To be fair, the trade off of having no online trophies helps but I do see your point. It could have been like an Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection kind of scenario. 

Regarding GTA IV, it's possible that it might have the same outcome as RDR but we shall see. Still, if GTA IV releases on PS4 or PS5 one day without online, then I would love to play it again. 

Remastered games tend to incorporate DLC content in the new list.  As far as I'm aware, there's never been a remastered game + separate dlc content.

No. Undead Nightmare doesn't need a separate platinum.  This feels like a "people will complain about anything" scenario to be honest.

Edit- OK, so some few(?) remastered titles sell dlc separate, which is silly and really milking it imo but regardless, I still think Undead Nightmare doesn't need a separate platinum unless they add more to it.

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 3

Just now, AJ_-_808 said:

Remastered games tend to incorporate DLC content in the new list.  As far as I'm aware, there's never been a remastered game + separate dlc content.

Plenty of examples either way. Skyrim immediately comes to mind as I'm just playing it, but Saints Row The Third, The Last of Us Remastered, etc, I'd say you will find one for each Legacy of Thieves-style list.

As for the UN, I'm not bothered buy it, at least there are no more online trophies, that was worse.

• Like 1

Well dude, from what I remember on PS3 was that you need basic RDR game to play Undead Nightmare so it's basically DLC. If you're talkin bout 2 games in 1 trophy list, you might remember Legacy of Thieves collection. That was (at least for me) 2 games in one plat, since you're able to play Lost Legacy without Thieves End. 

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

No. Undead Nightmare doesn't need a separate platinum.  This feels like a "people will complain about anything" scenario to be honest.

Edit- OK, so some few(?) remastered titles sell dlc separate, which is silly and really milking it imo but regardless, I still think Undead Nightmare doesn't need a separate platinum unless they add more to it.

As far as I remember, I can't remember PS3 to PS4 remasters that actually required you to buy the DLC separate again, it was always included in the remaster when you bought it.
However, some had separate DLC trophy lists just like the original games on PS3 had.

The last of us 1, Saints Row 3 and Skyrim come to mind that all had the DLC included in the purchase but still had separate DLC trophy lists like the orginal PS3 game.

1 hour ago, Baranov_925 said:

Well dude, from what I remember on PS3 was that you need basic RDR game to play Undead Nightmare so it's basically DLC. If you're talkin bout 2 games in 1 trophy list, you might remember Legacy of Thieves collection. That was (at least for me) 2 games in one plat, since you're able to play Lost Legacy without Thieves End. 

Undead nightmare was available standalone on disc so you don't need the base RDR game to play it. You couldn't play the main story with it but you could play the multiplayer and DLC. The trophies that popped with it would be part of the only available PS3 trophy list so they'd pop as part of the DLC trophy lists. But you could also get the multiplayer trophies from the main list with it.

So no separate standalone trophylist like with Assassin's creed freedom cry.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2