Question about spurred to victory

Taliesin_2943

Ok so I'm past the tempest mission with Bonnie and I'm still with the horse she the me when I met her which is apparently the war horse it's black with silver hair I broke the stallion but it disappeared after I sleptafter the mission so still with the black horse I e looked around and other sites say the war horse doesn't count at all for the trophy so I'm making no progress but it's the only horse I've been given the saddler disappeared I haven't hitched or had a horse die

So am I screwed and need a restart or what?

I think the first few missions don’t count cause Bonnie forces you to hitch a horse it might be missions after that that count

I used the War horse and it’s okay trophy didn’t pop till I completed the first mission for Irish and I completed all possible missions for other characters before starting Irish ones too

• Like 1

I have not hitched a new horse and I haven't broken any horses besides the one in one of the Bonnie missions.

I'm still riding the horse given to you in the beginning of the game and I still haven't gotten the trophy.

And I'm already in Mexico.

So I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I have to be patient and just continue.

22 minutes ago, RebelsHeart said:

I have not hitched a new horse and I haven't broken any horses besides the one in one of the Bonnie missions.

I'm still riding the horse given to you in the beginning of the game and I still haven't gotten the trophy.

And I'm already in Mexico.

So I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I have to be patient and just continue.

It should've happened by now, but maybe do a couple more missions.

22 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Ok so I'm past the tempest mission with Bonnie and I'm still with the horse she the me when I met her which is apparently the war horse it's black with silver hair I broke the stallion but it disappeared after I sleptafter the mission so still with the black horse I e looked around and other sites say the war horse doesn't count at all for the trophy so I'm making no progress but it's the only horse I've been given the saddler disappeared I haven't hitched or had a horse die

So am I screwed and need a restart or what?

I kept the golden Stallion from Bonnie's mission (when she ask us to buck a stallion) and the trophy popped when I reached Mexico without ever changing horses. Don't click the War Horse licence in your Satchel. It will change your horse and save. I had to load an early save because of this.

Edited by Biscoito18

I used the Golden Stallion (Kentucky Saddler) since the Bonnie mission #6 "Wild Horses, Tamed Passions" and used him across mission #7 to #26 "Civilization at Any Price" the first mission in Mexico. Kept that horse instead of War Horse since the Kentucky Saddler along with 2 others is the fastest in the main game.

If your horse dies, or you use another deed (such as the War horse deed after you hitched the Kentucky Saddler), it will reset since now you have a "new" horse.

For those that are going for the 100% "Redeemed" trophy and platinum trophy and while working on other things while you are doing main missions instead of grinding all the other things later after you do the missions (since maybe you want to make the grind less boring by combining it together as I did or because maybe you just happen to be in the area of any of the 6 challenges or bounty hunting, or any scrap of the outfits, especially when you exploring various places and a stupid Cougar attacks you and one-hit kills your horse. Make sure you load up a previous save with your horse)

I set up camp and saved consistently whenever I did something because you don't want to do various things and then don't have a save for maybe 30 min to 1 hour and then have your horse fall off a cliff edge because of a bad spawn when whistling it or get one-hit by a Cougar and then you have to load up a previous auto-save from a long time ago just to have your horse back for this 20 missions same horse trophy and then have to re-do what you did for 30 min to 1 hour which may end up taking even longer.

On 8/22/2023 at 2:36 PM, QQ_Liu_Xin_Rui said:

If your horse dies, or you use another deed (such as the War horse deed after you hitched the Kentucky Saddler), it will reset since now you have a "new" horse.

For those that are going for the 100% "Redeemed" trophy and platinum trophy and while working on other things while you are doing main missions instead of grinding all the other things later after you do the missions (since maybe you want to make the grind less boring by combining it together as I did or because maybe you just happen to be in the area of any of the 6 challenges or bounty hunting, or any scrap of the outfits, especially when you exploring various places and a stupid Cougar attacks you and one-hit kills your horse. Make sure you load up a previous save with your horse)

this is sound advice for all - i wish i had done all missions leading up to leaving new austin in one go and not do side stuff in between , yes the cougar did one kill my horse and one time it got caught in the cross fire when doing bounties , iv tried to keep taps on missions in mexico to get the 20 but iv just cleared nosalida hideout and the war horse didnt come to me after the capture - it was a new type of normal horse, no idea why , so the 20 restarted again -_- , i do have a earlier save which i can revert to , but not earlier enough from the start , annoying backtrack coming up :(

I already finished my 39th mission but still no trophy. I accidently got my horse killed at the very beginning of the game. But never switched to another horse again. I always used the whistle to call my horse to make sure i ride the right one. Weird.

Update: ok, unlocked after my 41st mission. It seems that i fell off an cliff early in Mexico with my horse which killed it, too?

Edited by aimeraya