Fall Guys: Fix found for PS4 to PS5 trophies

So some of us had an issue where PS4 Fall guys didn't auto-pop on PS5. However we must realized there were a total of three app versions of this game. Meaning three platinum's.

The auto-pop only worked on the old PS4 app to the new PS4 app. After the PS5 app got introduced auto-pop didn't work anymore. Why you may ask? It's because the old PS4 app wasn't compatible with the PS5 app. That's why the new PS4 app got introduced. Therefor the trophies for old PS4 to PS5 were also not compatible. The compatibility issue arrived when EpicGames took MediaTonic over for the Fall Guys Title. But this is just the story behind the issue, now for the fix.

Using this method will not grant you the auto-pop you want, but it will allow to gain trophies again.

So how to do it?

Basically you want ensure 2 things:

• Log into you Epic Games account and make sure you have at least two methods of logging in to your account with PSN being one of them. (Check screenshot)
  • Make Sure that both login methods work!

spacer.png

After making sure both methods work. Remove the PSN method by unlinking it and boot up Fall Guys on your console.

Upon loading in you should be prompted to login with an existing account or create a new one. VERY IMPORTANT: You want to create a new account here!

Once you are logged into your new account you can start again for grinding trophies.

And that's it.

Once the trophies are obtained login into Epic with your newly created account (i.e. logging in with PSN since that's connected to a new account)

Unlink your PSN with that account and log in with your old Epic account with the other method for logging in (The second login method for your original Epic account).

Then reconnect your PSN back with it to get your old items back.

Huge Con for this method

You won't keep any newly earned items once you go back to your old Epic account, because it was a EpicGames different account where you got the trophies from.

So let's say you want a specific item you need to do it again within the availability of the event on the original account or just miss out on it.

If you need or want help getting this trophy feel free to add me on discord as I disabled my PSN messages since it is overflowing with messages.

Discord: devildarkdragon

FAQ:

Question: Will I lose items/progress for other EpicGames Titles like Fortnight or Dauntless?

Answer: No, you will not. This is because there is a second method available to your original EpicGames account. When you reconnect your original EpicGames account. Everything will still be there as it was prior of unlinking it. Keep in mind that if nothing is there you need to double check if your psn is connected to the correct EpicGames account.

5 minutes ago, devildarkdragon said:

oh i just found out recently.

Yeah, it’s what I did to earn the PS5 plat.  I never bothered to switch my accounts back afterwards as by the time I did the plat again on PS5 over several seasons, I had pretty good cosmetics and it never took my 600 earned show bucks when buying the fame pass for the final cosmetic trophy so I still somehow have those 600 show bucks.  Odd!

Your detail will help others looking to do the same!

29 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I had pretty good cosmetics and it never took my 600 earned show bucks when buying the fame pass for the final cosmetic trophy so I still somehow have those 600 show bucks.  Odd!

That's because you gained enough levels that granted more showbucks, but that were locked behind the Fame Pass. Once you got the pass the game retroactively grants all the locked level rewards. Happened to me also, I was level 39.

But yeah, linking and unlinking is indeed the way to go for popping trophies in PS5 that you either previously popped in the PS4 before it went F2P, or popped in the PS4 via the new launcher.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

Allow my random question here guys.

I only played the original version, never touched the PS4 newer version. If I wanted to start the PS5 version now, I won't get any autopops for it, is that correct? I'll start from scratch...

yes. You will need to unlink your old account and create new one in order to earn trophies again unfortunately 

With Stumble Guys coming soon to Playstation, Fall Guys has to step up in order to remain on top. Maybe, let's say, by fixing the autopop...I'll just leave this suggestion here, just in case anyone from Epic Games is looking at what trophy hunters are saying about their game 👀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eblait said:

That's because you gained enough levels that granted more showbucks, but that were locked behind the Fame Pass. Once you got the pass the game retroactively grants all the locked level rewards. Happened to me also, I was level 39.

But yeah, linking and unlinking is indeed the way to go for popping trophies in PS5 that you either previously popped in the PS4 before it went F2P, or popped in the PS4 via the new launcher.

Ahhh, yes, that is definitely it!  I hadn’t thought of that, thanks!!