Will there ever be a patch for removing 3,000 Night Thorns?

Lucibur

11 hours ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

Thank you so much. Glad I was able to do it on such a special day!

You're welcome! I've gotten to 1,723 as of today and that makes me happy as I've done quite a lot so far. I'm closer to the goal than I was months ago.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

I hope you stay determined to get to that 3000

I most definitely am, it's the first thing I do when I get on my PS5 before playing whatever game I'm in the mood for. I have a technique that makes it quicker to see where the Night Thorns have spawned in for the day, 'cause how I was originally remving them had me going through all the biomes until I saw a Night Thorn. Now I bring up the furniture menu and zoom out to see where they are.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 11:19 AM, Lucibur said:

I most definitely am, it's the first thing I do when I get on my PS5 before playing whatever game I'm in the mood for. I have a technique that makes it quicker to see where the Night Thorns have spawned in for the day, 'cause how I was originally remving them had me going through all the biomes until I saw a Night Thorn. Now I bring up the furniture menu and zoom out to see where they are.

That was smart. I wish I thought of that. I just kept visiting every Biome each day. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, alicecorley said:

I doubt it. I played everyday since launch it took me 8/9 months to do.

I figured out the hard way I have to log in daily and I'm okay with that as I'm slowly getting to 2,000 Night Thorns having been removed.

18 hours ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

That was smart. I wish I thought of that. I just kept visiting every Biome each day. 

I was visiting every Biome before I thought of the technique that makes it quicker.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Heads up: The expansion is bringing 3 new biomes which means the thorns might potentially be locked behind a paywall since the spawn locations are random...

I guess we're gonna find out...

That's going to suck.. I've got to keep logging in daily until March to remove the Night Thorns as well.. I barely got to 2,100.

23 minutes ago, James_Kirk said:

unfortunately, according to the YouTube videos I've seen, the new biomes don't have a night thorn. They have a new type of item of the same type, this means that purchasing the DLC will not speed up obtaining the trophy.

On the positive side that means no night thorns are likely to spawn there which means I don't have to buy the expansion just yet. 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

On the positive side that means no night thorns are likely to spawn there which means I don't have to buy the expansion just yet. 😁

True that! I'm just focusing on the biomes that have the Night Thorns spawning daily and before I know it I'll be at 3,000. 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MushuMixLipa said:

Any news on if entering a multiplayer world with loads of thorns you can collect them? 

I'd be willing it try it myself but still need to complete Venellope's quests to get it unlocked.. 

I haven't tried it but I doubt it since the multiplayer is so limited to what you can actually do.

• Like 1

I'm the only one who now only has 8 night thorns instead of the usual 12?

It's hard enough to reach the 3,000 mark, but if they reduce the daily quantity, it's no longer tenable...

I had 90 days left to get the trophy, now I'll need 138. That's an extra month and a half... 😡

1 minute ago, James_Kirk said:

It's hard enough to reach the 3,000 mark, but if they reduce the daily quantity, it's no longer tenable...

I had 90 days left to get the trophy, now I'll need 138. That's an extra month and a half... 😡

I usually count how many I find to remove a day and I can't remember how many I was able to get today, I'll make sure to count properly tomorrow, yet I think I was close to 10 and it seems the game devs are just trying to make us go on the game more for whatever reason that could be. :T

44 minutes ago, James_Kirk said:

I only get 10 a day and have never got more or less than that. I should have the plat by beginning of February. 

What's this about reducing the daily spawn? I haven't seen this anywhere in the patch notes.

8 hours ago, James_Kirk said:

I only had 8 today aswell. Normally have between 10-12. I've still got 1.5k left to collect aswell giving up at this point. 

Just now, TheLoneliestPanda said:

About 2 hours to do around 1200, it's certainly the fastest method if you're sick of logging in daily

I'm at 2,200 odd and I am getting bored of logging in daily. So, how did you get around to doing the offline method? I don't want to possibly mess up on the trophy.

15 minutes ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

Worst case you could always use the offline method, I got tired of logging in daily and decided to do it to get the trophy in one sitting.

I am tempted, didn't rush the duties thinking I could do 10-20 a day with the thorns but if the drop rate has lowered I'll cheese it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lucibur said:

I'm at 2,200 odd and I am getting bored of logging in daily. So, how did you get around to doing the offline method? I don't want to possibly mess up on the trophy.

Upload your save just incase, that's what I did.

1. Disconnect from the internet on your ps

2. Login to disney, do all the thorns, save, quit and close the game.

3. Go to your system and change it 1 day ahead

4. Log back in and clear the thorns, save and quit

5. repeat step 3/4 since it'll trick the game each time to thinking it's a new day

Edited by TheLoneliestPanda
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

Upload your save just incase, that's what I did.

1. Disconnect from the internet on your ps

2. Login to disney, do all the thorns, save, quit and close the game.

3. Go to your system and change it 1 day ahead

4. Log back in and clear the thorns

5. repeat step 3/4 since it'll trick the game each time to thinking it's a new day

I was going to upload my save just to be safe, I like having the cloud as a safe choice in case things don't work out well.

Okay, thank you! I'm going to try this method out tomorrow as I'm currently working on another game.

I logged in every day because I didn't want glitches to happen.

At the end I used online to get trophies on ps4 and ps5 at the same time.

I only logged in and saved every day because it was hard to pull out thorns every day.

And it is easier to pull all the thorns only once a week.

• Like 1