Will there ever be a patch for removing 3,000 Night Thorns?

Lucibur

2 hours ago, Lucibur said:

I did the same exact offline method for one of the most awful Fallout Shelter trophies that exist and I got called a cheat for that..

Why? Are you sure we're talking about the same thing?  You shouldn't have as it's within the rules. Were you flagged for it?

Time travel is not against the rules. There are trophy guides that include it...

With the method I've outlined you've already earned the trophy (offline) with your local save and then when you're back online it syncs to the correct time as it normally would do just as if you were online. Otherwise nobody would ever be allowed to play offline ever again...

My understanding is that it's only disallowed if you delete trophies you've already earned and then use your downloaded cloud save with the completed trophy progress to pop all the trophies (AKA speedrunning cheat/save file manipulation). From "What Constitutes a Flag" thread:

• Deletion of un-synced trophies earned, via a PlayStation System Restore (formatting data), followed by using your backed up save-game data. 

But if you mean that the person who called you a "cheat" was just being snarky/facetious then F them lol

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Why? Are you sure we're talking about the same thing?  You shouldn't have as it's within the rules. Were you flagged for it?

Time travel is not against the rules. There are trophy guides that include it...

With the method I've outlined you've already earned the trophy (offline) with your local save and then when you're back online it syncs to the correct time as it normally would do just as if you were online. Otherwise nobody would ever be allowed to play offline ever again...

My understanding is that it's only disallowed if you delete trophies you've already earned and then use your downloaded cloud save with the completed trophy progress to pop all the trophies (AKA speedrunning cheat/save file manipulation). From "What Constitutes a Flag" thread:

• Deletion of un-synced trophies earned, via a PlayStation System Restore (formatting data), followed by using your backed up save-game data. 

But if you mean that the person who called you a "cheat" was just being snarky/facetious then F them lol

They were being facteious about it and I think it's uncalled for, just because I got the trophy a way he doesn't agree with doesn't mean he had any right to be rude to me about it. I'm not hurting anyone at the end of the day.

On 12/15/2023 at 1:14 AM, TheLoneliestPanda said:

Worst case you could always use the offline method, I got tired of logging in daily and decided to do it to get the trophy in one sitting.

I wouldn't recommended this method, the developers recommended not to do this as it can mess up your save file. It might a lot of extra work if additional trophies come from new DLC possibly.

On 12/21/2023 at 3:10 PM, SamNickzx said:

I wouldn't recommended this method, the developers recommended not to do this as it can mess up your save file. It might a lot of extra work if additional trophies come from new DLC possibly.

Yeah im still missing the Dutties( around 500), Fishing (200 caught)  and talk with people (500ish). So my ideia is to finish the dutties and talk, and then i will exploit the day skip thing and i will leave the fishing trophy for last just in case my save get mess up.

I noticed a few days ago about the night thorns being decreased from 10 to 8, specifically after the big dlc dropped. I messaged the developers and ''they're aware'' of the problem but that doesn't mean anything. They fixed the glitch where gamers were completing mist tasks automatically. 

I'm 700 away from the trophy and platinum, but I'm not going to risk glitching my game by changing the date. I've invested too much time to restart. 

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, iMagrick said:

How can I track how many night thorns left I have? I know im at 1.8/3 but I want to know how many I have specifically.

If memory serves log into your game and pick one up make sure that's the absolute first thing you do and it should give you the exact number on your screen 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/3/2024 at 5:45 AM, iMagrick said:

How can I track how many night thorns left I have? I know im at 1.8/3 but I want to know how many I have specifically.

On 1/3/2024 at 6:23 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

If memory serves log into your game and pick one up make sure that's the absolute first thing you do and it should give you the exact number on your screen 

Is this the only way to track it? The trophies require you to turn in a Dreamlight Duty and I was looking for the X/3000 Night Thorns Dreamlight Duty and couldn’t find it. I assume it would be under the Village tab.

I freaked myself out thinking my girlfriend turned it in on the PC (I’m trying to unlock it on Xbox since PlayStation doesn’t let you transfer the cross save) although I don’t think we are near 3000 as we didn’t play for months.

5 minutes ago, EPICRAGE said:

Is this the only way to track it? The trophies require you to turn in a Dreamlight Duty and I was looking for the X/3000 Night Thorns Dreamlight Duty and couldn’t find it. I assume it would be under the Village tab.

I freaked myself out thinking my girlfriend turned it in on the PC (I’m trying to unlock it on Xbox since PlayStation doesn’t let you transfer the cross save) although I don’t think we are near 3000 as we didn’t play for months.

It can be found under the 'Foraging' duties. It won't show you the exact number though it show increments of 100.

If you want the true number it'll show on the right hand side when you pick a new one up every day. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MushuMixLipa said:

It can be found under the 'Foraging' duties. It won't show you the exact number though it show increments of 100.

If you want the true number it'll show on the right hand side when you pick a new one up every day. 

Thank you!