Will there ever be a patch for removing 3,000 Night Thorns?

Lucibur

I've only got two trophies left to get on the game, removing 3,000 Night Thorns being one of them and that's going to take me until late March next year.. And the fact we can only remove 10 a day is going to be a nightmare.. So, does anyone reckon the devs are going to patch such a tedious trophy like they did for building 30 houses and putting it for just 12? I'm curious about it is all.

The other trophy is for doing 1,000 Daily Discussions. I'll be done with that by the 31st of August and so I've been working on the Daily Discussions and removing 10 Night Thorns every single day before I play anything else. 

I am determined to get the platinum even if it takes me ages, I was just hoping there was a possibility of a patch is all. If not, I can keep up with removing 10 Night Thorns a day.

I highly doubt it, and even more so if you think that this is game should be going F2P any day now. They probably want people playing as much as they can to invest in whatever more microtransactions they have in store and their Dreamlight Paths. Those grindy trophies are also in-game achievements and that's probably a way to keep players engaged as much as possible over several months, even those that don't care for PSN trophies themselves.

Besides... there's also another obvious method to get those trophies, even if they are against the game's logic. This is an offline title that works with our console's clock. It's totally possible to do a Stanley Parable approach.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Shipyroni said:

I highly doubt it, and even more so if you think that this is game should be going F2P any day now. They probably want people playing as much as they can to invest in whatever more microtransactions they have in store and their Dreamlight Paths. Those grindy trophies are also in-game achievements and that's probably a way to keep players engaged as much as possible over several months, even those that don't care for PSN trophies themselves.

Besides... there's also another obvious method to get those trophies, even if they are against the game's logic. This is an offline title that works with our console's clock. It's totally possible to do a Stanley Parable approach.

That's true. 

Do you think that'll work? Because there was that approach with another game and they supposedly patched it.

3 minutes ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

I wished they would. At this point I’ve just accepted it and ended up logging in daily to do it, such a tedious trophy imo

I know what you mean, it's the last trophy I need for the platinum.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

Same here, think I'm on 1800, should have it done by 2024 lmao

I'll be at 1,200 soon. I ended up writing out a long list of how many I'll get done a day and even have it narrowed down to what day I'll be at 3,000 by. I noticed you're going to have it sooner than me. It's late March when I'll get it, so it'll be a little bit before that for you. ^^

16 hours ago, Lucibur said:

Do you think that'll work? Because there was that approach with another game and they supposedly patched it.

I think that at this moment the game still fully works offline with the system’s clock. They could change it in the future when it goes F2P because of pushing the Dreamlight Path and because of multiplayer, but that would be a problem on the Switch.

So I guess that if you backup your console’s save and upload it into Disney’s cloud, turn off internet from the console, change the system’s clock until you’re done with the trophies, and then use the correct date and download your old save data before turning on the internet/opening the game again, everything should be like before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shipyroni said:

I think that at this moment the game still fully works offline with the system’s clock. They could change it in the future when it goes F2P because of pushing the Dreamlight Path and because of multiplayer, but that would be a problem on the Switch.

So I guess that if you backup your console’s save and upload it into Disney’s cloud, turn off internet from the console, change the system’s clock until you’re done with the trophies, and then use the correct date and download your old save data before turning on the internet/opening the game again, everything should be like before.

I kind of want to try it out but also don't because I don't want to find out that it won't work out because I feel like it'll take a long time to get all the Night Thorns. I wonder if anyone else has tried this method before or done it the long and grindy way. 🤔

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

I will be a little bitter if they do patch it. I have been laser focused with logging in daily for the trophy. I am currently at 2744 Night Thorns so I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck to everyone else in this forum with this tedious grind. 

You're almost there as well! I do the daily login to remove the 10 thorns before focusing on other games. I've finally gotten to 1,503 today.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You definitely can go offline to mess with the clock I'd suggest saving for example today upload that save into the cloud on your PSN and turn off auto uploads .Then wait like 2 days so there's a long gap then turn off the Internet and time travel till you got everything done revert the clock to the actual day turn internet on go in act like everything's fine do a mission then. Go into your cloud and over write your save so all data was from a few days ago log back in everything should be as it was days ago but the game says it's today. Go see about that mission check out the shop ect if everything's working fine you should be clear 

1 hour ago, bigevildeadman said:

I really wish they would have the night thorns in the dark castle respawn, it would make sense as that’s where they’re from, otherwise this 10 a day is so tiresome, I’m only at 1536 myself

I know what you mean! I only recently got over 1,600.

52 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

You definitely can go offline to mess with the clock I'd suggest saving for example today upload that save into the cloud on your PSN and turn off auto uploads .Then wait like 2 days so there's a long gap then turn off the Internet and time travel till you got everything done revert the clock to the actual day turn internet on go in act like everything's fine do a mission then. Go into your cloud and over write your save so all data was from a few days ago log back in everything should be as it was days ago but the game says it's today. Go see about that mission check out the shop ect if everything's working fine you should be clear 

I don't want to mess up my progress in case I don't know what I'm doing, so I'm sticking to logging on daily to remove the 10 thorns that spawn in.

• Like 2

I don't know if there's been an update, but today I had 24 night thorns.

Up to now, I've been getting 12 a day, and it would have taken me until mid-March to get the trophy.

I hope this will still be the case over the next few days, so I can get the trophy for Christmas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James_Kirk said:

I don't know if there's been an update, but today I had 24 night thorns.

Up to now, I've been getting 12 a day, and it would have taken me until mid-March to get the trophy.

I hope this will still be the case over the next few days, so I can get the trophy for Christmas.

That makes me want to see if I can get more today then myself.

On 10/16/2023 at 7:51 PM, Tripple_Barnett said:

I finally got the Plat today (October 16th) which is also the 100-year Anniversary of Walt Disney Studios. 

Congrats, nice one!

• Like 1

I don't know, I've had 12 since I first became interested in this trophy, I always thought that 12 was the new quantity following the last updates.
I started just after "Beauty and the Beast" was added. Since then, I've unlocked all the biomes and all the characters.

• Like 2