Will there ever be a patch for removing 3,000 Night Thorns?

Lucibur

Yeah, I got 8 thorns two days in a row now instead of the usual 10. Why on earth would they make this trophy even longer like seriously it would have taken me to June to complete this and now with this reduction it will take me a month longer.

I am definilty going to use the offline method that was mentioned here because I am done with this game.

8 hours ago, erwint0920 said:

Yeah, I got 8 thorns two days in a row now instead of the usual 10. Why on earth would they make this trophy even longer like seriously it would have taken me to June to complete this and now with this reduction it will take me a month longer.

I am definilty going to use the offline method that was mentioned here because I am done with this game.

It's giving me 8 a day now as well and I'm doing the offline method currently, I'm almost at 2,400 due to this method and hope to be done by tonight.

Edited by Lucibur

Wow. So they really went ahead and just reduced the night thorns in a desperate attempt to keep trophy hunters in the Valley ecosystem.

The patch notes did mention "resource balancing". Guess this is what they meant.

Currently time travelling as well. A shame, really. I was perfectly fine with logging in everyday until February as it required little effort and I was gonna play all the new stuff anyway. Plus this exploit is way more tedious than just doing it naturally. 

Now I won't even bother playing the new content if this is the sort of scumminess we can expect, unless it has DLC trophies.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom

9 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Wow. So they really went ahead and just reduced the night thorns in a desperate attempt to keep trophy hunters in the Valley ecosystem.

The patch notes did mention "resource balancing". Guess this is what they meant.

Currently time travelling as well. A shame, really. I was perfectly fine with logging in everyday until February as it required little effort and I was gonna play all the new stuff anyway. Plus this exploit is way more tedious than just doing it naturally. 

Now I won't even bother playing the new content if this is the sort of scumminess we can expect, unless it has DLC trophies.

It's desperate if they want to keep us around for longer, 'cause it's something we don't want to have to work harder for and it seems everyone is getting affecting by it which sucks tbh.

What's making the offline method better for me is having Futurama playing on in the background so it's not so tedious at the same time, y'know?

55 minutes ago, Lucibur said:

It's desperate if they want to keep us around for longer, 'cause it's something we don't want to have to work harder for and it seems everyone is getting affecting by it which sucks tbh.

What's making the offline method better for me is having Futurama playing on in the background so it's not so tedious at the same time, y'know?

Pro tip I forgot to mention, you can stack three days worth of thorns and clear them and repeat, much faster imo

59 minutes ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

Pro tip I forgot to mention, you can stack three days worth of thorns and clear them and repeat, much faster imo

Okay, I'll try that out after I've done this one lot of thorns.

Just tried it out, do you mean that it stacks as I remove on lot of thorns? I'm confused is all, sorry and also thank you!

Edited by Lucibur

17 minutes ago, Lucibur said:

Okay, I'll try that out after I've done this one lot of thorns.

Just tried it out, do you mean that it stacks as I remove on lot of thorns? I'm confused is all, sorry and also thank you!

So, if you login. save, quit, change the day ahead once, login, save and quit, move the day ahead once more, login. You should have three days worth of thorns stacked, unless they did patch it like said above

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

So, if you login. save, quit, change the day ahead once, login, save and quit, move the day ahead once more, login. You should have three days worth of thorns stacked, unless they did patch it like said above

Right, that makes more sense. Although that seems like even more of a chore as the time it takes logging in, saving and quitting  (through a ridiculous initial loading screen) I could just be collecting the 8 a day. Thanks for the tip anyway.

4 minutes ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

Okay, now that makes more sense as I wasn't too sure on how to get the stacks to work.

2 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

It still shows 3k for me, is the update out on PS5?

7 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

It still shows 3k for me, is the update out on PS5?

The amount of thorns required (3K) is the same. However, the devs have reduced the amount spawned per day to 8.

@TheLoneliestPanda Once the trophy pops offline how do we proceed from there in a way that won't bork the original save? My original save is in the cloud.

Do I (and in this order) :

1. Connect PS5 back to network to sync trophy.

2. Delete local save (with completed thorn progress).

3. Change time and date back to what it actually is.

4. Download unblemished save from the cloud?

4 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

The amount of thorns required (3K) is the same. However, the devs have reduced the amount spawned per day to 8.

@TheLoneliestPanda Once the trophy pops offline how do we proceed from there in a way that won't bork the original save? My original save is in the cloud.

Do I (and in this order) :

4. Download unblemished save from the cloud?

Exactly that and it should load your original save, pre cheese without any issues 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lucibur said:

I've just finished doing the offline method, it took me longer than I wanted, yet it looks like it's worked. Just waiting for my trophy list to sync with PSN.

How much did you get  and in how long?

Because I have gotten 400 in 3 hours and I still need 1500. Do you have a quicker method?

Just now, erwint0920 said:

How much did you get  and in how long?

Because I have gotten 400 in 3 hours and I still need 1500. Do you have a quicker method?

I was stacking it so I'd have 24 and remove that in one go and then repeat the process of stacking. It took me a little over 4-6 hours as other things kept coming up whilst I was trying to get it out of the way, so I recommend putting on YouTube or a show in the background to make it less boring with this method. That's how I managed to cope.

19 hours ago, Lucibur said:

I think it is as I downloaded it but didn't go back on the game after as I was done for today. :T

No worries, you've earned a break! Hopefully, your save is fine.  😊

Got the trophy and redownloaded my save after having deleted my local one and adjusted the time and date. So far, no problems on my original save; everything seems to work as normal. I'll do one more log in tomorrow and see if new night thorns spawn. That will be the ultimate test of whether the save is OK or not.

EDIT: Thorns spawned as normal today. Save is fine and should be good to go for any future DLC trophies.

Either way,  I'm glad it's over. Kind of bummed how anti-climactic the platinum pop was.  Was looking forward to that day in early Feb where I could look back on how far I'd come...but after this recent stunt I don't trust Gameloft as far as I can throw them.  Also, going by how far I had to time travel it took me to the middle of March. So, one month and half longer than it would have before the reduction smh.

And you just know that any future DLC trophies are going to be just as grindy. It's obvious that the devs figured out that trophy hunters are willing to go the distance and so they reduced the thorns to exploit this.

Thank you to everyone on this thread for your tips and advice. I would advise any new players to get the platinum ASAP because this game is only going to get worse with each update.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

No worries, you've earned a break! Hopefully, your save is fine.  😊

Got the trophy and redownloaded my save after having deleted my local one and adjusted the time and date. So far, no problems on my original save; everything seems to work as normal. I'll do one more log in tomorrow and see if new night thorns spawn. That will be the ultimate test of whether the save is OK or not.

Either way,  I'm glad it's over. Kind of bummed how anti-climactic the platinum pop was.  Was looking forward to that day in early Feb where I could look back on how far I'd come...but after this recent stunt I don't trust Gameloft as far as I can throw them.  Also, going by how far I had to time travel it took me to the middle of March. So, one month and half longer than it would have before the reduction smh.

And you just know that any future DLC trophies are going to be just as grindy. It's obvious that the devs figured out that trophy hunters are willing to go the distance and so they reduced the thorns to exploit this.

Thank you to everyone on this thread for your tips and advice. I would advise any new players to get the platinum ASAP because this game is only going to get worse with each update.

You deserve the break as well! I agree with what you've said and I'm hoping my save will be fine as I deleted the game now I have the platinum. 😅

Maybe it's one of those games that'll release DLC and you don't have to work hard for trophies as they won't be too difficult or there won't be any trophies related to the DLC at all.

I'm happy I made this thread as not only did it help me find a way to move the process along a lot quicker than I could have hoped for if I didn't ask for help, yet it's also helped out anyone else who's been wanting the last trophy for the platinum. I do like how helpful people are in this trophy hunting community.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, erwint0920 said:

Got between 800-900 thorns in about 5 hours and still have 1100 to go (started stacking after about 3 hours when I had about 400.)  Probably gonna get tommorrow before work hopefully.

I wish you the best of luck with that!

I think I'm going to use the console date technique, I can't stand seeing the deadline getting further and further away.

I just have one question: since we have to increase the date, isn't there a risk that we'll get the trophy on a different date in the future? And that this will distort our trophy lists?

On 12/19/2023 at 5:37 PM, James_Kirk said:

I think I'm going to use the console date technique, I can't stand seeing the deadline getting further and further away.

I just have one question: since we have to increase the date, isn't there a risk that we'll get the trophy on a different date in the future? And that this will distort our trophy lists?

Nope, it should show as popping on the date you actually got it once connected back to the internet. If you follow this method after getting the trophy you should be fine:

4. Download unblemished save from the cloud

I actually did this slightly wrong and did 3 before 2 and it was still OK.

• Like 1