PlayStation Classics Speculation Thread

Zengaku92

I have the gut feeling that we're gonna get MotorStorm: Arctic Edge as a PSP classic within the next few months. Both of Bigbig Studios' PSP titles, the Pursuit Force duology, have made it onto modern platforms, so this feels like a natural title to add onto there as well. Maybe it'll show up in December 2023. Because, y'know, cold.

A bit later down the line, if that rumored Jak and Daxter movie actually makes it into production, I could totally see them releasing both Daxter and Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier as classics to tie into that, sort of like how The Last of Us Part I tied into the HBO series. I feel like those two games getting PSP classic releases are inevitable regardless, but that's what I feel is the course of action they'd most likely take, should the film actually get off the ground.

21 hours ago, blue_blur_98 said:

I have the gut feeling that we're gonna get MotorStorm: Arctic Edge as a PSP classic within the next few months. Both of Bigbig Studios' PSP titles, the Pursuit Force duology, have made it onto modern platforms, so this feels like a natural title to add onto there as well. Maybe it'll show up in December 2023. Because, y'know, cold.

A bit later down the line, if that rumored Jak and Daxter movie actually makes it into production, I could totally see them releasing both Daxter and Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier as classics to tie into that, sort of like how The Last of Us Part I tied into the HBO series. I feel like those two games getting PSP classic releases are inevitable regardless, but that's what I feel is the course of action they'd most likely take, should the film actually get off the ground.

I don't know tbh. Music licenses might be an obstacle for Motorstorm. Though I'd love it.

Same goes for Wipeout. 

I'm really hoping now that we got MediEvil: Resurrection that now our chances of getting MediEvil II even as much as ported just got significantly greater, hopefully by October considering how dedicated they were to getting Syphon Filter and even Ape Escape back-to-back on the service. The only reason I'd be a little skeptical is idk if MediEvil: Resurrection was previously on the PlayStation Store back in the day during the PS3/PSP days, but I know MediEvil II wasn't and idk the logic that goes into their selection of bringing back these PS1 classics.

As a side note, idk if we'll ever get Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time let alone a bunch of other PS1 titles still missing due to licensing, but come on dude, you got us started with a little glimpse of hope now that we got MediEvil: Resurrection. Let's finish the set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Potter13579 said:

I'm really hoping now that we got MediEvil: Resurrection that now our chances of getting MediEvil II even as much as ported just got significantly greater, hopefully by October considering how dedicated they were to getting Syphon Filter and even Ape Escape back-to-back on the service. The only reason I'd be a little skeptical is idk if MediEvil: Resurrection was previously on the PlayStation Store back in the day during the PS3/PSP days, but I know MediEvil II wasn't and idk the logic that goes into their selection of bringing back these PS1 classics.

As a side note, idk if we'll ever get Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time let alone a bunch of other PS1 titles still missing due to licensing, but come on dude, you got us started with a little glimpse of hope now that we got MediEvil: Resurrection. Let's finish the set.

Medievil 2 wasn't on PS Store, but I don't think it is a requirement.

Ridge Racer 2 PSP, as far as I know, wasn't available on the old storefront. 

I heard that some Medievil 2 SKUs had troubles running on the ps3 emulator so that was probably the reason it was never released back them. PAL version worked fine but the North American one wasn't so hot, so even if the new emulator were to have the same issues, they could just release it with region swap like most PS1 releases on PS4/5

As for the back to back releases, though, they haven't been too consistent about that. We'd get a new Syphon Filter every 2-3 months, and Echoshift released exactly a month after Echochrome, but Ape Escape games were more spaced out between releases, same goes for the Everybody's/Hot Shots series. And we still haven't got Kurushi Final and Jumping Flash 2 despite the first entries were released more than a year ago. So who knows, Medievil 2 might be releasing soon but it also could take a long time still

Edited by knackered968
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 9/7/2023 at 1:54 PM, Potter13579 said:

A trophy list has appeared for MediEvil, so perhaps there is a chance of MediEvil 2 in the coming months.

Not listed on this site yet but here:

https://www.exophase.com/game/medievil-psn-2/trophies/

• Like 2