More Detail on Guide 'Cards'

I'm not really sure what they're called, but on the guide menu, the block/card layout is really simplistic and nice, but I think it'd be better to include Difficulty and Completion time instead of User Favourites and Views.I feel this is needed because the current 3 things on display only show how popular the guide is, and it doesn't really tell you how hard the game is, or how many hours you'd have to put in for completion.

I know this is a very minor suggestion, but if you're like me, then you like to see how hard or how long a game is before a purchase, and is a deciding factor when browsing new games.

Similar to this, without the background colours. It could even alternate with the favourites and views every 10 seconds or so.

This is 2014, and we still have to click things to get information!?! I know it's a minor suggestion, but when looking for a new game to play, I look for length and challenge. I know you can click on them to get a more detailed view on the game, I just think it'd be better to get everything you need to know from the list menu.

This is 2014, and we still have to click things to get information!?! I know it's a minor suggestion, but when looking for a new game to play, I look for length and challenge. I know you can click on them to get a more detailed view on the game, I just think it'd be better to get everything you need to know from the list menu.

You should use this page to look for games to play: https://psnprofiles.com/games

I for one have never really been a fan of difficulty in guides. I might be awesome at fighting games so I give Blazblue a 5. Then you come around and be like "oh a 5 awesome I can do that" and it turns out to be a 10 for you.

Also time is another one. I saw on .org that Castle of Illusion was a 1-2 hour completion. Well it wasn't an overly long game but it sure as hell wasn't a 1 hour 100%

So the problem is that stuff is very subjective and by putting it in you could be giving people the wrong information without meaning to.

• Like 1

I for one have never really been a fan of difficulty in guides. I might be awesome at fighting games so I give Blazblue a 5. Then you come around and be like "oh a 5 awesome I can do that" and it turns out to be a 10 for you.

Also time is another one. I saw on .org that Castle of Illusion was a 1-2 hour completion. Well it wasn't an overly long game but it sure as hell wasn't a 1 hour 100%

So the problem is that stuff is very subjective and by putting it in you could be giving people the wrong information without meaning to.

That's solely due to the guide writers not taking "other people" into account.

Any guide should give a general time frame and difficulty (at least referencing similar games).

• Like 1

I can only imagine the disaster that it would be if I have to click on 'page 2' to get a guide, i'd be fuming...

Difficulty/time spent to plat, etc. Are all subjective. The front page is to show what guides are available and give a view on actual user feedback on the full guide.

I know its very time consuming to actually click onto a guide, but they are minor nuisances that I guess I'll have to live with until i can blink and get all the information needed :(

I guess that end of the day the way it is means the link to the actual guide isn't cluttered - its not as if you don't have to click several links to get  to guides on any other site ;)

Otherwise as Sly has said, there are really easy filters to use on the whole games part of the website to get what you want, Based on stats, not on personal thoughts

Edited by Memnoch

All I'm saying is it'd be an *minor* improvement. The stats are less reliable than a poll when it comes to looking for a new game. Batman: Arkham Origin's multiplayer trophies are mainly Ultra Rare/Very Rare, but does that make them difficult to obtain? No, with a small group you could get them all reasonable quickly. Another example, Outlast, completing Insane mode has been obtained by 1.80%.  You can simply abuse the stupid A.I while they're still doing their spawn animation, but barely anyone appears to have the trophy because it was free on ps+. 

These are just examples of games not being hard? Go back to Batman's Initiation DLC, where both it's trophies have been obtained by 90%+. Does that make it easy? No, it's pretty hard to obtain 100% on every challenge and campaign map.

I just wanted to point out some flaws in the stats system, I'm not saying a poll is the perfect system, It's just more reliable to get votes from people who've completed it and get the average (which is why looking at a guide for a game before buying is easier imo). The good thing on this site is the ability to rate guides, if you don't think a guide is accurate on difficulty or time to complete because they can do it with their eyes closed, you can rate it!

On other sites it is much harder to find what can easily be found on this site, but why stop if you could make it better?

*sorryifIsoundlikeadick*

It would be slightly more convenient, but the info is already there, you just have to click the link. It takes all of 2 seconds. The info is even at the very top of the page, not like you have to go hunting for it or anything.

Also, like others have said, the difficulty and time numbers are a single person's opinion. There's never any way to be 100% accurate because different people have different skill levels, but the stats are a far better representation of how difficult a trophy is to get, because it's based on everyone who has played the game, instead of just the opinion of the person who made the guide. Fun example, I think Zone of the Enders HD is a difficulty of 2, because it was incredibly easy for me, but the majority of people would disagree. It's pretty obvious looking at the plat rarity of 13.41% that I'm a special case. If it was really a 2/10, it would be a common plat.