Warning: Platinum currently unachievable without the DLC (SOLVED)

Hey folks!  The Platinum is no longer achievable without the DLC.

It has been confirmed that people (across platforms) have not been able to get the Complete Cast! trophy, even though they've finished story mode with all 7 characters. 

I can confirm that when reviewing the in-game trophy list in the lair, it states that I've completed 7 our of 9 stories.  So it's definitely blocking the platinum until it gets patched.

• The goods news is that the developers have been aware of the issue and have a fix
  • The bad news is that there's no ETA on the patch for PlayStation or any other platform.  It's been a couple of months, but these things often take time to get through the process.

I'm optimistic, but wanted to warn eager trophy hunters before they get disappointed.

Edit: Patch fixed broken trophies. :)

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

On 9/18/2023 at 9:37 AM, technophobia said:

Hey folks!  The Platinum is no longer achievable without the DLC.

It has been confirmed that people (across platforms) have not been able to get the Complete Cast! trophy, even though they've finished story mode with all 7 characters. 

I can confirm that when reviewing the in-game trophy list in the lair, it states that I've completed 7 our of 9 stories.  So it's definitely blocking the platinum until it gets patched.

I'm optimistic, but wanted to warn eager trophy hunters before they get disappointed.

It's not been two months.  Dimensional Shell-shock, and the patch that bugged Casting Call, came out on August 31st.  It's been less than a month.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

this is the only trophy I need, and the DLC doesnt add more trophies otherwise I'd buy it instantly!

Your method sounds great, just what a hassle to download enough games to fill up my ssd (usually not a rpoblem lol) and then play the game through again..!

Pretty unique posistion for a platinum achiever to be in

On 10/13/2023 at 12:21 AM, Mode47 said:

this is the only trophy I need, and the DLC doesnt add more trophies otherwise I'd buy it instantly!

Your method sounds great, just what a hassle to download enough games to fill up my ssd (usually not a rpoblem lol) and then play the game through again..!

Pretty unique posistion for a platinum achiever to be in

No, read the post again: you don't need to actually download the games, just get past the size% calculation. If a game is 50gb for example, once the download has started, those 50gb on your HDD are considered by the system as filled. So all you have to do is start downloading games and then just pause the download immediately after
The whole process takes no more than 5 minutes

• Like 1

In a somewhat related issue, I have the PS4 version on disc so I thought I'd go back to version 1.0 and get the trophy that way. It was seemingly successful (Said 7/7 in game trophies section) and the trophy popped.

I turned my internet back on and went to sync the trophy properly to the online version of my profile and it wasn't there. I hadn't earned it even though the notification was there. Went back into the game after it had updated to the latest version and it now says 6/9 for that trophy in the in-game trophies section. It actually took a completed ending off me! What is going on?!

EDIT - Apparently it did give me the trophy after all. Just didn't look like it would there for a while. How strange....

Edited by The_Kopite
Updated information

On 9/25/2023 at 7:22 AM, MrThec123 said:

You can still obtain the platinum without the dlc if you download the 1.0 ver of the game. The method is simple, and you don't need any proxy servers or additional apps, as is the case with FFXV, for example.
Just fill the PS4 HDD with games (you don't need to actually download them; just get past the size% calculation), and then start installing TMNT. A "not enough free space" error will appear, after which you turn off your wifi, clear the HDD space, and restart the download. When it gets stuck at 1%, turn on your wifi, and that's it; you will be downloading the 1.0 version of the game. Remember to play it offline as well, so it won't download a patch.
Also, backup your save because your char levels will be gone. The achievement progress will stay, so if you already completed the story with every single char, your in-game stats will show 7/7. All you need to do is kill Shredder one more time with any character you like, and the trophy is yours
That's about it

That sounds very promising...going to give this a quick try tonight.  I hope it works for me.

On 10/18/2023 at 10:50 PM, MrThec123 said:

No, read the post again: you don't need to actually download the games, just get past the size% calculation. If a game is 50gb for example, once the download has started, those 50gb on your HDD are considered by the system as filled. So all you have to do is start downloading games and then just pause the download immediately after
The whole process takes no more than 5 minutes

Will this work on my PS5? I have both PS4 & PS5 versions on there.

Lazy-ass Sony/game devs said 2 weeks. It's been like 6 weeks. FFS.

Alot of fucking around. I'm not going to try it, because we shouldn't have to.

But a really great method. Thank you for posting this.

Edited by TheDarkKratos

4 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Will this work on my PS5? I have both PS4 & PS5 versions on there.

Lazy-ass Sony/game devs said 2 weeks. It's been like 6 weeks. FFS.

Alot of fucking around. I'm not going to try it, because we shouldn't have to.

But a really great method. Thank you for posting this.

I have no idea if this will work on the PS5, sadly, but it probably should
Worth a try imo

• Like 1

I think it's ludicrous that we even have to resort to doing this if we want the platinum's.

They said 2 weeks since the last update/patch. It's been 6 weeks. And still nothing. Wtf?

If they haven't patched it by the end of this month, I'm going to use this method. FFS!!!

1 hour ago, technophobia said:

How did you figure this out?

Imo this was first discussed in a discussion about the game "Granblue Fantasy"

This game also had a trophy where you needed all DLCs (Granblue Know-It-All), but was patched on 23 January 23.

This link was provided to explain the method. Keep in mind that this only works for the PS4 version on PS4. Not possible to get this to work on the PS5, even does not work for PS4 version on PS5.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, technophobia said:

@Geridian Thank you for the background info, that trick will surely come in handy.  So awesome. 

Your welcome. 😀

Keep in mind, that you do not have to "fully download" games to fill the harddrive before you try this method: Just queue enough games or less games which need a lot of space.

As soon as the download for one of these "filler games" starts the whole space the game needs is reserved on the harddrive.

I contacted Dotemu support regarding the issue of the Complete Cast! trophy being unachievable on PS4 and PS5 (and possibly other platforms) without purchasing the paid Dimension Shellshock DLC.

Dotemu has confirmed that this is a known bug, and it has already been fixed on the developers' side. The fix should be included in the next patch for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge. 

We still haven't received an exact release date for the patch, but now we know for sure that there a trophy fix will be coming soon. spacer.png

• Like 2

On 9/25/2023 at 8:52 AM, MrThec123 said:

You can still obtain the platinum without the dlc if you download the 1.0 ver of the game. The method is simple, and you don't need any proxy servers or additional apps, as is the case with FFXV, for example.
Just fill the PS4 HDD with games (you don't need to actually download them; just get past the size% calculation), and then start installing TMNT. A "not enough free space" error will appear, after which you turn off your wifi, clear the HDD space, and restart the download. When it gets stuck at 1%, turn on your wifi, and that's it; you will be downloading the 1.0 version of the game. Remember to play it offline as well, so it won't download a patch.
Also, backup your save because your char levels will be gone. The achievement progress will stay, so if you already completed the story with every single char, your in-game stats will show 7/7. All you need to do is kill Shredder one more time with any character you like, and the trophy is yours
That's about it

question, will this work with a ps4 game on a ps5 system? I would like to download cotton 100% v1.0 which is a ps4 game and I have a ps5

3 minutes ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

My luck. Any similar trick to download a 1.0 on ps5 that you know of?

Another method is through the proxy to download the specific patch as long as the link is still available. Without a proxy you can only download the 1.0 version with the said method. Unfortunately both methods only work on the PS4

I would really recommend buying a cheap, used ps4. I never sell my old ps4 and I have been self-boosting most of the easy coop trophies. My ps4 has been contributing in some boosting sessions as well if there’s a no-show or simply filling up the lobbies.

• Like 1

Question about the retail disc versions of this game..

If I buy it and deny the update, will that allow me to get the 7/9 story endings trophy?

And do I get both PS4 and FREE?-> PS5 upgrade?

At this point in time I just want both of them completed.

Tired of waiting for patches to fix a broken trophy.

Edited by TheDarkKratos