When does this game get good?

poker_1987

Dying Light 2 was my GotY last year. Despite its issues (mainly with trophies, go figure), I had an extremely fun time playing it. You can actually explore at night a bit in this one without being overwhelmed by volatiles like you were in the first one so it really opens up the open-world I felt like while still maintaining that high-adrenaline threat when roaming around at night. 

I find both Dying Light's pretty significantly better than any of the Dead Island's but to each their own. The fast-paced, parkour with zombies is addicting especially once you get all the gear and get good upgrades. If you haven't gotten the grappling hook yet then you haven't gotten far enough to see the games true potential. 

• Like 1

It doesn't get better. Believe it or not, the longer you play, the worse it gets, especially the story. Everything is so chaotic, and don't even try to find the logic in some character's actions 🤣 The special infected are boring as well. The first game was way better, and Dead Island 2 is phenomenal in comparison!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found the gameplay "alright", but the story was terrible and every single character was unlikable. A lot of the trophies were buggy, so I ended up doing a second playthrough, so I pretty much hate the game now. At least the DLC trophies weren't buggy. This will probably be my first and last Techland game.

I had a blast with Dead Island 2, which was surprising.

Edited by Iker_01

The game is great fun whilst you're playing it (particularly co-op with a friend), but the second 50 hours of the game riding lifts was somewhat disappointing. Dying Light 1 had some post-completion grind as well, but nothing as monotonous as this, and it's pretty anti-player for them to have implemented an auto-pause if you attempt to run around in circles whilst afk.

• Like 1