Most broken servers ever?

VirtualNight

10 minutes ago, spellenboy said:

I was hesitant to put it out here, as i have the platinum for this game, and am a sucker for rare plats, so i would hate for the platinum rarity to go up. However there’s actually a way to avoid that NE-21009009 error, well not completely avoid, but have it show up less often than it currently does. I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere else. So i guess im the first, but it’s what i used when i went for the platinum. 

so what you have to do is: 

1. Close the game (if it’s currently running) 

2. Go to internet settings and set up your internet connection manually 

3. Leave everything the way it is, but change your MTU settings to 750 (by default it’s on 1,500)

4. Reboot your console and launch the game, you will now experience far less disconnects than before, (and possibly some solo lobbies too). 

i don’t know the exact reason behind this as to why it works, however it does reduce your internet speed a bit IIRC.

i also have a few tips and strategies that could help you win, but let me know if i should spill the beans on that too. 

for now, good luck to you all!

Wait… how do solo lobbies exist?

Would that mean a guaranteed win/pole position?

51 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Wait… how do solo lobbies exist?

Would that mean a guaranteed win/pole position?

Yes solo lobbies can exist, but only when using the method listed i just listed, even then it’s pretty rare. I don’t know exactly how it happens, my guess is that because changing the MTU settings slows your internet speed a bit you match up and lag out (like what sometimes happens in GTA 5 Online iykyk) and yes, it’s basically a guaranteed pole position and win. I even have proof of me being in such a lobby. I got the platinum about 1,5 years ago and only gotten into a total of 4 solo lobbies, so it’s pretty rare, but it can happen, yes. 

now I don’t have any actual footage of me racing in a solo lobby, but this should say enough: 
proof:

https://reddit.com/r/GranTurismoSport/s/FFXzZbra5D

Edited by spellenboy
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 7:47 AM, Paddle-Snake said:

For anyone trying boosting I would just avoid it because the admin team for the game is still active and they have been punishing users doing anything like that and even posted about it on the JP Twitter.  Wouldn't be good if you got some boosting down and the account is just banned preventing you to finish the rest of the game.

I can use al strategies and tips be verry welcome because wins poles verry hard 

I can use al tips strategies poles wins verry hard and thanks

8 hours ago, spellenboy said:

Yes solo lobbies can exist, but only when using the method listed i just listed, even then it’s pretty rare. I don’t know exactly how it happens, my guess is that because changing the MTU settings slows your internet speed a bit you match up and lag out (like what sometimes happens in GTA 5 Online iykyk) and yes, it’s basically a guaranteed pole position and win. I even have proof of me being in such a lobby. I got the platinum about 1,5 years ago and only gotten into a total of 4 solo lobbies, so it’s pretty rare, but it can happen, yes. 

now I don’t have any actual footage of me racing in a solo lobby, but this should say enough: 
proof:

https://reddit.com/r/GranTurismoSport/s/FFXzZbra5D

I can use al tips strategies  poles wins verry hard 

12 hours ago, spellenboy said:

I was hesitant to put it out here, as i have the platinum for this game, and am a sucker for rare plats, so i would hate for the platinum rarity to go up. However there’s actually a way to avoid that NE-21009009 error, well not completely avoid, but have it show up less often than it currently does. I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere else. So i guess im the first, but it’s what i used when i went for the platinum. 

so what you have to do is: 

1. Close the game (if it’s currently running) 

2. Go to internet settings and set up your internet connection manually 

3. Leave everything the way it is, but change your MTU settings to 750 (by default it’s on 1,500)

4. Reboot your console and launch the game, you will now experience far less disconnects than before, (and possibly some solo lobbies too). 

it should work best if you’re on wifi, but i’m not sure. 

i don’t know the exact reason behind this as to why it works, however it does reduce your internet speed a bit IIRC.

i also have a few tips and strategies that could help you win, but let me know if i should spill the beans on that too. 

for now, good luck to you all!

My biggest thing right now is those pole positions. I try as hard as I can and while I got a pretty decent time on Race A this week, Race B I'm just not even close. Everyone has a 1:56 time and I can't clear 2 minutes. I've gotten around 10% done with both trophies, and I feel like trying to learn manual will set me back too much. I already feel like my mental bandwidth goes towards making turns correctly.

14 minutes ago, Chettlar said:

My biggest thing right now is those pole positions. I try as hard as I can and while I got a pretty decent time on Race A this week, Race B I'm just not even close. Everyone has a 1:56 time and I can't clear 2 minutes. I've gotten around 10% done with both trophies, and I feel like trying to learn manual will set me back too much. I already feel like my mental bandwidth goes towards making turns correctly.

What your time on race a??

41 minutes ago, Chettlar said:

Look at my behemoth of a forum post i just submitted, it’ll prob help you. 

Edited by spellenboy

45 minutes ago, KILLERMACHINE666 said:

What your time on race a??

2:26.297

I did another bout of practicing last night, and I had a run that felt literally perfect, where I felt like I took every turn as perfectly and quickly as I could, with just enough breaking to get a lot of good acceleration out of each...and I was somehow half a second slower than my best lol.  And it feels impossible for me to get that level of performance regularly. My consistent times are 2:28, maybe 2:27.

It's a good enough time to get a reasonable amount of pole positions. A few a day, but I'm having to work a bunch recently, and I'm worried that when it switches over a new race, I'll be screwed, like I am on Race B.

19 minutes ago, spellenboy said:

Look at my behemoth of a forum post i just submitted, it’ll prob help you. 

Thank you. I'll dig into it now.