100% Obtainable?

VoidVictorious

• 4 months later...
25 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Dont think this is fixed right? It is now added to the gamecatalog with psplus.

Just a heads up for people who want to play/platinum this.

@HuntingFever

You're the best person to ask :)

I noticed each version has 4 patches.

Guessing the PS4 version can be downgraded to one of the versions to work.  PS5 is screwed though?

27 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

@HuntingFever

You're the best person to ask :)

I noticed each version has 4 patches.

Guessing the PS4 version can be downgraded to one of the versions to work.  PS5 is screwed though?

The Plat is completely unobtainable in both stacks, plus downgrading the game won't solve anything so all you can do is write off this game and move on to something better you can actually Plat.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

The Plat is completely unobtainable in both stacks, plus downgrading the game won't solve anything so all you can do is write off this game and move on to something better you can actually Plat.

Why?  I genuinely don't know :)

From what I can tell, the trophy was obtainable in 1.01 on PS4 but rendered impossible by 1.02 and beyond.  I'm unsure as to why downgrading wouldn't help.

Edited by Dark_Overlord

27 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Why?  I genuinely don't know :)

From what I can tell, the trophy was obtainable in 1.01 on PS4 but rendered impossible by 1.02 and beyond.  I'm unsure as to why downgrading wouldn't help.

See here: 

and here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/125182-neverending-story-events/?do=findComment&comment=2645952

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On behalf of everyone eyeing this up as part of this months PS+ Extra - thank you! 

Crazy that Sony would put broken stuff like this on their subscription and not address it with the publisher as part of inking the deal.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I've read them, but I'm still not getting it.  Essentially if you played on 1.00 it was glitched and unobtainable, if you started on 1.01 and did all the requirements, you could pop the trophy.  Everything after that was also glitched.

As far as I know the game is 100% offline, meaning I'm not understanding why it wouldn't be possible to start a fresh game on 1.01 and never update till the trophy popped.

14 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I've read them, but I'm still not getting it.  Essentially if you played on 1.00 it was glitched and unobtainable, if you started on 1.01 and did all the requirements, you could pop the trophy.  Everything after that was also glitched.

As far as I know the game is 100% offline, meaning I'm not understanding why it wouldn't be possible to start a fresh game on 1.01 and never update till the trophy popped.

I've posted in the main thread on this matter and pinged the guy who's the resident expert on this glitch so hopefully he has a definitive answer :). Also, if downgrading is an option, it will only work for the PS4 release, because the PS5 version is screwed no matter what, since digital PS5 games can't be downgraded :(.

I'm just dipping into this thread, as I wasn't currently following it, and I'd be interested in any developments with Neverending Story! 

As I mentioned in the other thread, I *think* version 1.01 of the game should work – but only if my assumptions about what was preventing people getting the platinum are correct. It's possible they're not haha. 

Also, I wasn't aware there had been 4 patches. Does anyone have the dates for those? (I can also confirm the correct version – I think it's 1.01, but I must admit, I didn't realise there was four patches. I was only aware of 2-3). 

EDIT: Having looked at the patch dates, I think it actually might be version 1.03 that is the 'working' version for Roguebook, based on the dates. 

Edited by Finch_III
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Finch_III said:

I'm just dipping into this thread, as I wasn't currently following it, and I'd be interested in any developments with Neverending Story! 

As I mentioned in the other thread, I *think* version 1.01 of the game should work – but only if my assumptions about what was preventing people getting the platinum are correct. It's possible they're not haha. 

Also, I wasn't aware there had been 4 patches. Does anyone have the dates for those? (I can also confirm the correct version – I think it's 1.01, but I must admit, I didn't realise there was four patches. I was only aware of 2-3). 

EDIT: Having looked at the patch dates, I think it actually might be version 1.03 that is the 'working' version for Roguebook, based on the dates. 

Guessing i'll be a guinea pig again after I clear up Farcry 6 and Vermintide 2 🤣

Thanks for that :)  I'll try 1.03 then

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Guessing i'll be a guinea pig again after I clear up Farcry 6 and Vermintide 2 🤣

Thanks for that :)  I'll try 1.03 then

No problem! I'd suggest noting down each narrative event as you encounter them. There is a list of all the possible ones in another thread I believe – one event that might not be mentioned is 'Unlock Aurora', which is a one-time event. Once you've unlocked her as a character, you don't get this event again. 

It was this event that I think was glitched prior to version 1.03. 

• Like 1

Another thing to mention for this. 

When the game was released, the DLC was required for at least one of the main game trophies: 

• :gold: – Adventuring Party (Defeat the Roguebook with every pair of heroes) 

You couldn't unlock this trophy with just the base game, which is kinda scandalous imo. Basically, you had to buy the Fugero DLC and use him to unlock that trophy (and possibly a couple of others, I don't really remember). 

I don't know if this was ever patched out, and I don't know whether the DLC is included in PS Plus? But it's worth remembering that even if version 1.03 works for Neverending Story trophy, you'll probably have to download the DLC anyway to get the platinum.  

Honestly, the developers got away with murder on this game ha. 

Edited by Finch_III
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Finch_III said:

Another thing to mention for this. 

When the game was released, the DLC was required for at least one of the main game trophies: 

• :gold: – Adventuring Party (Defeat the Roguebook with every pair of heroes) 

You couldn't unlock this trophy with just the base game, which is kinda scandalous imo. Basically, you had to buy the Fugero DLC and use him to unlock that trophy (and possibly a couple of others, I don't really remember). 

I don't know if this was ever patched out, and I don't know whether the DLC is included in PS Plus? But it's worth remembering that even if version 1.03 works for Neverending Story trophy, you'll probably have to download the DLC anyway to get the platinum.  

Honestly, the developers got away with murder on this game ha. 

I bought the game and DLC, I think it worked out cheaper than the base game XD

• Like 1