Trophy Thoughts?

DyrekRacc

9 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

Platinum unlocked. Took exactly 30 hours according to the PS App. Greatly enjoyed it, though the 10 mins of combat were every bit as annoying as they were in the first AC (which I 1000 G'd, so I know how I felt while doing that).

With this game, Ubisoft brought back half of old AC (namely, a big city, Assassins vs quasi-Templars, parkour, stealth, tools, Isu shit in the background, philosophical matters and more). Hopefully next time Bordeaux gets given a bigger budget and extra time so they can bring back the other half of old AC (genetic memory structure, a decent modern day, 100% sync objectives, a better story and better characters, more varied missions, lock on for stalking targets from above, and more).

Sadly it looks like the modern day part will be relegated to the GasS "AC Infinity".

Which is possibly the worst decision they could take ever. Even worse than killing off Desmond at the time.

4 hours ago, Doom said:

Sadly it looks like the modern day part will be relegated to the GasS "AC Infinity".

Which is possibly the worst decision they could take ever. Even worse than killing off Desmond at the time.

Welp, I already considered this one my last AC so this changes nothing (mainly because I knew of this already). My laundry list of stuff Bordeaux should do is really meant as more of a "If Ubisoft suddenly stopped being completely fucked in the head and decided to give AC its dignity back, this is what I'd like to see" list.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2023 at 9:22 PM, Ghost_of_Ziggy said:

Enjoying it for the most part so far. Actual stealth and feels more like a proper AC game. I disliked Valhalla so much with all the collectibles I was burnt out after the platinum and couldn’t face doing any dlc. Hopefully if Mirage has no dlc we will see a new game sooner than 3 years. The Baghdad map is just the right size. 

A few things I don’t like about Mirage-

Visually it doesn’t look all that great for a next gen console game. 

There is a lot retained from the prior “warrior” trilogy like the skill trees and points system, but got rid of xp and earning of combat “levels”. 

The combat here just doesn’t seem satisfying for some reason and very easy to kill most enemies. 

the characters and voices just aren’t that interesting, but you could say that about most of the post Ezio lead characters. 

i agree with the mentioned thoughts about the game, while it is a better AC game as the last one (personally wasn't a fan of Origin), this one isn't quite like the old one's

but i also have some things that bothered me while i played it:

enkidu as a mechanic is something i felt to be a bit lacking, especially after the halfway point where every area you have to infiltrate has archer that shot him in the first second that you control him
the assassinations of the leader from the order of the ancients is also something that bothered me, it felt a bit lacking, they teased a lot of options with the long text but then there is nothing like the overview you had with Arno in unity that actually shows you what you could do, some even only popping up once you have made the preparations and are on the move, i only had 2 where you had actual interesting methods of killing the targets.

another missed opportunity is Basim's "Shadow"/the beast in his dreams, they teased it since the start of the game and then 

Spoiler

at the end of the game he just overcomes it after he moved 3 steps towards it, i would have loved for it be a bit more struggle since he still was scared of it prior to this moment

another miss is the modern day plot, outside the intro it is non-existent like really? even the older games with a no-named MC had more then just william talking for 5 minutes and then just shutting up forever

overall, i say it is a step in the right direction but it's still lacking a lot of things that they had done right in the past