Trophy Thoughts?

DyrekRacc

1 hour ago, PostGameBlues said:

I know people didn't like the 100% synchronization trophies in the older linear AC games but I actually really loved them. Shame they don't seem to be back at all. I'm interested in this entry but definitely something I'll pick up when it goes on sale. Still need to get back to Odyssey...

Those trophies were atrocious. The secondary objectives were plain stupid, I still remember that stupid objective from ACB, controlling that terrible tank and avoiding any damage, thank the gods they removed those trophies and secondary objectives in the missions, it makes the game more unique since each person completes the mission in their own way.

Also, the platinum on Mirage seems ok, not easy, just the basic ''Complete everything'' Ubisoft style, at least this game is shorter than Valhalla and Odyssey, so it may be a bit quicker as well.

Edited by Sappurys
Forgot to talk about the plat
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, soziaLSturmi said:

For any other questions just post them here and I'll answer to my best 

1 hour ago, RuancarloSilva said:

Easy and “quick” plat, can’t share further details right now because the embargo. Will provide more information tomorrow!

I'm excited to hear what you guys have to say when the embargo lifts!!

So hyped for this one ngl, the sad part is I have to travel for work this weekend 😪 so I won't be able to binge-play this lol

30 minutes ago, SHAZAM_SAVAGE said:

Looking forward to this. Should be a nice quick one before Spider-Man 2 comes out. I don't want any distractions and want to fully enjoy that one.

I recently 100% Valhalla so a smaller scope will be refreshing. And I am happy there will be no post-game content which is great after 200+ hours you needed to have dedicated to Valhalla. 

even better with that fresh Basim introduction in Valhalla jumping in this one will be amazing 🙏🏽

54 minutes ago, soziaLSturmi said:

even better with that fresh Basim introduction in Valhalla jumping in this one will be amazing 🙏🏽

Not exactly fresh lol. I bought the game at launch and didn't get around to it until a while later and did all the DLC and what not in spurts. It was an almost 2 year process, but yeah right in time!

Seems easy enough. A bit disappointed by the platinum logo, though. Should be that cool logo, not some boring ass cup.

6 hours ago, Teh_Zombz said:

depends on how long "Fully explore all territories" will take i think. hopefully the map isn't too massive and the collectables (if they're required) aren't too annoying

They showed the map (most of it undiscovered) in a stream today and it doesn’t seem too terrible.

Edited by MidnightDragon

4 hours ago, Sappurys said:

Those trophies were atrocious. The secondary objectives were plain stupid, I still remember that stupid objective from ACB, controlling that terrible tank and avoiding any damage, thank the gods they removed those trophies and secondary objectives in the missions, it makes the game more unique since each person completes the mission in their own way.

Also, the platinum on Mirage seems ok, not easy, just the basic ''Complete everything'' Ubisoft style, at least this game is shorter than Valhalla and Odyssey, so it may be a bit quicker as well.

Mentioning this as a positive completely ignores the reason behind sync objectives existing. They were there to encourage you to play the memory in exactly the way it happened in history. Ezio never got hit when he was piloting that tank.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

I know people didn't like the 100% synchronization trophies in the older linear AC games but I actually really loved them. Shame they don't seem to be back at all. I'm interested in this entry but definitely something I'll pick up when it goes on sale. Still need to get back to Odyssey...

actually there would be contracts with extra conditions. nothing stupid like in old games, tho

5 hours ago, LOL_Jokke97 said:

This is a nitpick, but it hurt my brain a bit that valhalla is ps4 then ps5 but mirage is placed ps5 to ps4 in the series order on psnp

Yeah the series list order is based on what list came into the site first rather than platform, something I can’t drag around differently - it bothers me sometimes too xD But probably something Sly can fix in the future

• Like 2

I just realized a nice little detail I wanted to shine a spotlight on: "Eagle's Will" is a throwback to the AC1 achievement (which would in all likelihood also have been a trophy, had the trophy system existed at the time) "Eagle's Flight" - the requirement is the exact same. Same goes for "Eagle's Eye", which is a throwback to "Eagle's Eye" in AC1. Some other names are also recycled from AC1, but the requirements are different.

Based off of the game itself and details like these, I believe the devs when they say they truly love AC1

On 10/7/2023 at 4:31 AM, Valtekken173 said:

I just realized a nice little detail I wanted to shine a spotlight on: "Eagle's Will" is a throwback to the AC1 achievement (which would in all likelihood also have been a trophy, had the trophy system existed at the time) "Eagle's Flight" - the requirement is the exact same. Same goes for "Eagle's Eye", which is a throwback to "Eagle's Eye" in AC1. Some other names are also recycled from AC1, but the requirements are different.

Based off of the game itself and details like these, I believe the devs when they say they truly love AC1

Also, the achievement for accumulating 2007 coins is a reference to the year AC1 came out.

As it is, the list is easy. Have achieved 1000 G and look forward to eventually replaying it on PS5 sometime early next year or end of this year.

It's 3/10 difficulty provided that Ubisoft doesn't ruin it with a patch like they normally do. 

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom

I've played every console AC game and this is the first one I've been able to pre-order. If you enjoyed the pre-RPG AC era then you're probably going to love AC Mirage. The trophy list seems easy enough, so don't expect too much difficulty finishing it. Remember to play it for the enjoyment, not just to complete a trophy list.

I wish this hadn't been a DLC that got spun off into a full game. Don't get me wrong, there is room for improvement. However, Ubisoft Bordeaux definitely moved the franchise in the right direction. I'd still love to see things like wall ejects, modern story, a real Isu story and items, and other improvements. The Isu didn't create random items to look cool, they created them with a purpose, e.g. controlling your mind or saving the world. Let's face it, climbing up and down a wall is only so much fun if you can't do cool wall ejects. Hopefully Ubisoft will improve on AC Unity.

If you want to play AC Origins, Odyssey, or Valhalla, don't play them because they're AC titles, you will probably be disappointed if you enjoyed the older AC games. Expect RPGs with next to zero AC content. They should never have been included in the AC franchise but instead should have had their own franchise. This way everyone could have enjoyed them and not complained because they expected one thing and got another. Also, don't waste your money on in-game micro-transactions.

Long live Desmond Miles!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LordSalochin said:

I've played every console AC game and this is the first one I've been able to pre-order. If you enjoyed the pre-RPG AC era then you're probably going to love AC Mirage. The trophy list seems easy enough, so don't expect too much difficulty finishing it. Remember to play it for the enjoyment, not just to complete a trophy list.

I wish this hadn't been a DLC that got spun off into a full game. Don't get me wrong, there is room for improvement. However, Ubisoft Bordeaux definitely moved the franchise in the right direction. I'd still love to see things like wall ejects, modern story, a real Isu story and items, and other improvements. The Isu didn't create random items to look cool, they created them with a purpose, e.g. controlling your mind or saving the world. Let's face it, climbing up and down a wall is only so much fun if you can't do cool wall ejects. Hopefully Ubisoft will improve on AC Unity.

If you want to play AC Origins, Odyssey, or Valhalla, don't play them because they're AC titles, you will probably be disappointed if you enjoyed the older AC games. Expect RPGs with next to zero AC content. They should never have been included in the AC franchise but instead should have had their own franchise. This way everyone could have enjoyed them and not complained because they expected one thing and got another. Also, don't waste your money on in-game micro-transactions.

Long live Desmond Miles!!!

I agree with most of this but, as an old school AC fan, I definitely would not recommend Mirage to pre-Origins fans because they’ll be disappointed. Mirage is a good game and way better than Valhalla, but by “returning to the roots” of the franchise you realise exactly what's missing. First of all, well done to the team at Ubi Bordeaux for pulling this off because it’s their first AC game and they were hamstrung from the start, working with a significantly smaller budget and within the framework of what clearly started as a Valhalla DLC. It’s a testament to their talent and passion that it turned out even half as good as it did, and I would like to see them on future AC projects with a bigger financial backing.

However, without a modern day storyline and the diegetic use of the animus that made this such a cool sci-fi series the game doesn't quite live up to its marketing tagline.  Even if Ubisoft started doing the animus stuff properly again, they’ve ruined the modern day so badly by making AC an infinite series that I no longer care. If Mirage came out in 2014 (instead of Unity) when I still had a semblance of hope for the present day storyline I probably would have loved it (it also would have got the full budget treatment).  In 2023, knowing what I know,  it’s just too late. Thus, it feels exactly like what it is: a modern Ubisoft take on the Ubisoft of old.  Just a pale imitation of its former self. 

Yeah, the parkour is the best since Syndicate but still not as good as the Ezio games with,  like you say, no wall ejects or room for self expression. Also, it’s funny how Valhalla, Far Cry 6 and Mirage take place in completely different settings and yet have exactly the same problem when it comes to the story: structure. That’s not on the writers, that’s on the game designers who insist on this, “you can defeat any target in any order!” nonsense that Ubisoft loves to boast about in all their modern games.  In truth, all it does is slow down the momentum of the narrative because it feels like you’re always starting again with each new investigation. It doesn’t even make any sense in terms of lore since AC 1 made a huge point about sequences needing to be completed in order, otherwise the animus user would have a mental breakdown. So Ubisoft claims to be going “back to the roots”...but still using the quest structure that started with Origins, rather than the memory sequences the series was famed for.

It’s also lazy how all the important story beats can be found in the form of letters (which the villains conveniently keep sending to one another unsealed), revealing the Big Bad to the player a mere 5 minutes later.  The old games had linear stories with handcrafted cutscenes that steadily showed the main character’s development through increasingly climatic events. All the bosses were known to the player well before you defeated them and were shown committing various atrocities throughout, so we had the build-up and, most of all, the motivation to take them out.

The stealth is very good mechanically - or, more specifically, the game’s prioritisation of it (AI is still very dumb). It reminded me of AC II where you could complete 95% of that game without getting into combat as long as you had smoke bombs on hand.  For Mirage, I ended up doing the combat related trophies last because I literally never got into open conflict unless the story forced it and, even then, I would just throw down a smoke bomb and assassinate everyone. The mercenary you had to kill for a related trophy was very easy depending on how you modified your tools. My traps broke his defence and my smoke bombs healed me by standing in it so I couldn’t die…

In my opinion, the only thing the AC series can do now is move forward. Odyssey was a great game because instead of trying to ape what came before it does its own thing while still feeling like it takes place in the same universe. Mirage tries to copy the old games but comes up short because by aligning itself to AC 1 so closely you can see where it's lacking by comparison. I will always cherish the old games and I appreciate them even more now having replayed all the remastered versions, but it’s obvious with Mirage that the old spark is gone. 

On 10/3/2023 at 6:44 PM, PostGameBlues said:

True, some were a hassle (like the damn tank one in brotherhood [until I discovered the exploit]) but I really enjoyed those 100% requirements as some also required a certain amount of skill.

• Like 1

I would have liked to have seen at least ONE decently challenging trophy in there like the Overdesign trophy from Valhalla. Just so it's not a total scrub list of just checklist stuff to do and nothing really challenging whatsoever or anything you have to go out of your way to get. 

I enjoyed it though, I prefer the RPG style games to be honest, but Mirage was a nice compromise between that style and the classic style. It's nice to sometimes play games that don't have a massive open world that you're going to spend 100 hours on. A nice shorter 20-25 hour game like Mirage can still work as part of the AC franchise going forward. Maybe alternate between this kind of game versus the big 100 hour RPG style game. That's all I really require out of an AC game at this point. I don't need them to reinvent the wheel or just re-hash the Ezio games again like so many others seem to want. 

The game is (surprisingly) pretty polished. Didn't run into a single bug or glitch the entire time until the very end of my platinum run where the game just decided I couldn't run anymore and could only walk at a snails pace. Don't know why it happened but the only way to fix it was simply restarting the game. Almost experienced a perfect bugless and glitchless Ubisoft game, but alas, it was not to be. Literally only had like a half hour left for the platinum and got that bug. So close! 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 5:44 PM, PostGameBlues said:

I liked them... in all except for Brotherhood

the 100% sync trophy is the reason I have not platinumed it because 100% across every main memory is fine, across every single little thief and courtesan mission, meh.

My favourites are AC III. the Sync requirements in that were so well thought out

Edited by daveM12DIM

Enjoying it for the most part so far. Actual stealth and feels more like a proper AC game. I disliked Valhalla so much with all the collectibles I was burnt out after the platinum and couldn’t face doing any dlc. Hopefully if Mirage has no dlc we will see a new game sooner than 3 years. The Baghdad map is just the right size. 

A few things I don’t like about Mirage-

Visually it doesn’t look all that great for a next gen console game. 

There is a lot retained from the prior “warrior” trilogy like the skill trees and points system, but got rid of xp and earning of combat “levels”. 

The combat here just doesn’t seem satisfying for some reason and very easy to kill most enemies. 

the characters and voices just aren’t that interesting, but you could say that about most of the post Ezio lead characters. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghost_of_Ziggy said:

Visually it doesn’t look all that great for a next gen console game

its not though, its cross-gen

There is a lot retained from the prior “warrior” trilogy like the skill trees and points system, but got rid of xp and earning of combat “levels”. 

I would say its much closer to the skill trees in Syndicate. Its very different to the RPG ones

The combat here just doesn’t seem satisfying for some reason and very easy to kill most enemies. 

what difficulty you playing on? I find the enemies are knife sponges and im made of paper

the characters and voices just aren’t that interesting, but you could say that about most of the post Ezio lead characters. 

agreed. and the voices/dialog for the merchants, blacksmith etc are infuriating

Platinum unlocked. Took exactly 30 hours according to the PS App. Greatly enjoyed it, though the 10 mins of combat were every bit as annoying as they were in the first AC (which I 1000 G'd, so I know how I felt while doing that).

With this game, Ubisoft brought back half of old AC (namely, a big city, Assassins vs quasi-Templars, parkour, stealth, tools, Isu shit in the background, philosophical matters and more). Hopefully next time Bordeaux gets given a bigger budget and extra time so they can bring back the other half of old AC (genetic memory structure, a decent modern day, 100% sync objectives, a better story and better characters, more varied missions, lock on for stalking targets from above, and more).

• Like 1