Corrupted save when converting save from PS4 to PS5

This happened to me yesterday when trying to autopop the PS5 stack save still works and plays completely fine on the ps4 version but as soon as try to convert to PS5 says its corrupted and I tried every possible thing to fix it with no luck not sure how common this is probably not but just thought I would put it out there that it is possible to happen

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't expect to be able to auto pop trophies when transferring from ps4 to ps5 if you have an EU account. I can't find a single case of it working for EU accounts, but American and Asian accounts seem to be fine. EU accounts just get corrupted save file messages despite the files being perfectly playable. 

• Like 2

I did send an email to Sega to report it, and got a reply that they will let the devs know. I don't use any social media so haven't found a way to contact RGG direct, anyone else please feel free to do so. I hate the fact that now companies only seem to want contact by Facebook etc, I don't need that dumpster fire in my life thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can confirm the only known workaround for EU accounts is to have a physical PS5 copy, that is able to use your digital EU account PS4 save files to autopop the trophies. I received my physical PS5 copy to complete my Yakuza collection over Christmas and loaded it today. I made sure to delete all previous digital PS5 save files and data first. Then loaded Physical PS5 and imported Ps4 save with no problems and auto popped all trophies. I believe it is to do with the EU ps4version having a different item number to the ps5 one and it causes a conflict. For some reason this does not happen in NA and other regions. This conflict reportedly happened before for some other games and stopped auto popping only for EU versions. I found this info on a forum somewhere, sorry can't remember which one. I. realise that this isn't much of a workaround for the majority of people due to the need to source a physical copy, but at least it proves the problem. It will never be patched, I did contact Sega and got a standard reply. I found a retailer in UK selling physical copies (English Version). Failing that the only plus is that Gaiden is a short and very easy platinum, so replaying is not to much of a chore. I will replay it myself anyway for fun because I enjoyed it, I just can ignore trophy requirements. 

On 1/2/2024 at 6:27 AM, BaseDS said:

Where did you order from? Can't find an EU disc version of Like a Dragon Gaiden. Can I use the ASIA version? 

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2023/07/latest-like-a-dragon-may-have-really-erased-its-ps5-ps4-retail-release

I ordered it from bazaar- bazaar.com, it's imported but was shipped from UK. They are on UK Ebay but it was slightly cheaper from them direct on their website (free delivery). Came with an envelope with about 6 postcards with game images, the ps5 disc cover had English Version written on front picture. There is no actual EU physical copies all are imports from Asia, but region free and with English subtitles. Don't know if there is English voice acting yet because I always play Yakuza games with Japanese VA as I find it far superior. I believe an English voice track is due to be added in an update if not already released. It was my first order from that retailer but can't fault them, arrived in a couple of days in great condition. Hope that helps you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigfoot141967 said:

I ordered it from bazaar- bazaar.com, it's imported but was shipped from UK. They are on UK Ebay but it was slightly cheaper from them direct on their website (free delivery). Came with an envelope with about 6 postcards with game images, the ps5 disc cover had English Version written on front picture. There is no actual EU physical copies all are imports from Asia, but region free and with English subtitles. Don't know if there is English voice acting yet because I always play Yakuza games with Japanese VA as I find it far superior. I believe an English voice track is due to be added in an update if not already released. It was my first order from that retailer but can't fault them, arrived in a couple of days in great condition. Hope that helps you. 

English VA has been added with the update V1.20 so players can either play with Japanese VA (my personal preference due to the authenticity) or English VA on their leisure.

On 1/2/2024 at 9:27 AM, BaseDS said:

Where did you order from? Can't find an EU disc version of Like a Dragon Gaiden. Can I use the ASIA version? 

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2023/07/latest-like-a-dragon-may-have-really-erased-its-ps5-ps4-retail-release

Physical edition is only available at Asian regions, so there isn’t any EU disc version sadly.

However, you can also import the game from Amazon Japan, without worrying about import fees and such.

Since PS4 and PS5 are region free consoles there shouldn’t be any issues playing games imported from Asia or other regions than yours (I’ve played JP Physical version on my PS4 despite having EU account and console).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just sent an email to Sega support. They said they were gonna "mention this in their report to the developers". As they did in this reply from 5 months ago...

On 11/19/2023 at 10:03 PM, Bigfoot141967 said:

I did send an email to Sega to report it, and got a reply that they will let the devs know. I don't use any social media so haven't found a way to contact RGG direct, anyone else please feel free to do so. I hate the fact that now companies only seem to want contact by Facebook etc, I don't need that dumpster fire in my life thanks. 

I just ended up getting the platinum for ps5 the normal way instead of trying to save transfer and auto pop. Took me 9 and a half hours

Edited by NeroD_175

12 hours ago, Bloodbitter said:

New patch on ps5 version of the game,corrupted data has been fixed,i upload my save file from ps4 to ps5 and its working finally,lets autopop begin!

2 hours ago, NeroD_175 said:

I don't believe you

Just tested this myself after hearing the supposedly good news and it is actually true! Ver 1.22 and the files are not corrupted anymore, loaded up my premium adventure save file and all trophies were able to autopop. Thanks to @Bloodbitter for spreading the word, EU folks no longer need to worry anymore.

spacer.png

• Like 1