Secret Fights In Season 2?

Colin_Raleigh

On 11/12/2023 at 4:23 AM, HuntingFever said:

People have been earning this trophy all month so it's likely you're just having really bad RNG with the fights: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/23633-mortal-kombat-1/41-found-you

Like I'd said, I already got it in Season 1 (and 109 times at that according to my stats). It's good to know it's still doable this time around. Regardless though, I'm still a bit puzzled as to why I have yet to encounter it this season. 🤪

Edited by Colin_Raleigh

20 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

People have been earning this trophy all month so it's likely you're just having really bad RNG with the fights: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/23633-mortal-kombat-1/41-found-you

it seems to me thats the secret fights have changed from being random to potentially an actual secret requirement on something somehwere, there was a ton of earners at the start of the month because the new season hadnt started and since season 2 has started, less than 10 people have gotten this trophy so far. Would love any info on how to actually get it now. I cleared the entire invasion and didnt find a single one

• Like 2

Well I can tell you that’s it’s rare.. because I just finished beating the seasonal boss and yet run into a secret battle. I’ve only had 2 ambushes as well. Back tracking now to finish up the areas that were locked behind BloodyFangs item. Hopefully itll show almost done with platinum. ☺️

20 hours ago, rospondek said:

Got one secret fight on my way to Nitara. Yes, it is really secret this time.

10 hours ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

it seems to me thats the secret fights have changed from being random to potentially an actual secret requirement on something somehwere, there was a ton of earners at the start of the month because the new season hadnt started and since season 2 has started, less than 10 people have gotten this trophy so far. Would love any info on how to actually get it now. I cleared the entire invasion and didnt find a single one

10 hours ago, Kasper666 said:

Well I can tell you that’s it’s rare.. because I just finished beating the seasonal boss and yet run into a secret battle. I’ve only had 2 ambushes as well. Back tracking now to finish up the areas that were locked behind BloodyFangs item. Hopefully itll show almost done with platinum. ☺️

Some crazy shit I'd encountered last night when playing some Gateway Towers related to the subject at hand, once I completed one of them I got that Dragon Medallion that's supposed to automatically grant you a secret fight when fighting on one of the Invasion Mesas' circular nodes. So I activated it and selected a node, nothing happened after a standard node fight. Then I tried again by activating it prior to playing another Gateway Tower. That didn't work either. After that I said fuck it and got rid of the damned thing. 😂 Now based on the evidence at hand (especially the list of people who'd recently gotten that Secret Fight trophy), a secret fight is still obtainable. But at the same time, it's possible this shit could be extremely buggy. After all, why include that Dragon Medallion in Season 2 if it doesn't do what it's supposed to do? 🤔

7 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

Edited by Colin_Raleigh
Shit got weird with the quoting option. 🤪

5 hours ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

Some crazy shit I'd encountered last night when playing some Gateway Towers related to the subject at hand, once I completed one of them I got that Dragon Medallion that's supposed to automatically grant you a secret fight when fighting on one of the Invasion Mesas' circular nodes. So I activated it and selected a node, nothing happened after a standard node fight. Then I tried again by activating it prior to playing another Gateway Tower. That didn't work either. After that I said fuck it and got rid of the damned thing. 😂 Now based on the evidence at hand (especially the list of people who'd recently gotten that Secret Fight trophy), a secret fight is still obtainable. But at the same time, it's possible this shit could be extremely buggy. After all, why include that Dragon Medallion in Season 2 if it doesn't do what it's supposed to do? 🤔

Yoooo that is some crazy shit! Ima have to try the Gateway Towers then and see if I get that item you mentioned. I’ve only done  it once and that was to get the High Score trophy. Thank for info.

3 hours ago, Arsentio said:

I think requirements for most is to do brutality/fatality. 

But I’ve been doing brutality and fatality every single match though.. not once has it been triggered. 🤷🏻

guessing just gunna have to keep playing til it shows or wait til next season and hope it happens.. 

I'm no expert but it's obvious some of the ways to get trophies shown in the guide on this website have clearly changed from what was originally described, the one for the secret fight included. Don't get me wrong, it's a well written guide that @Rebourne07 created and all but clearly some stuff like this is different this time around in Season 2. Can't help but wonder if some of the trophy requirements might need to be updated with each new Invasions Season. 

Edited by Colin_Raleigh

8 hours ago, Kasper666 said:

But I’ve been doing brutality and fatality every single match though.. not once has it been triggered. 🤷🏻

guessing just gunna have to keep playing til it shows or wait til next season and hope it happens.. 

I got only one secret fight in season 2. 

And ambushes now rare too

3 hours ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

I'm no expert but it's obvious some of the ways to get trophies shown in the guide on this website have clearly changed from what was originally described, the one for the secret fight included. Don't get me wrong, it's a well written guide that @Rebourne07 created and all but clearly some stuff like this is different this time around in Season 2. Can't help but wonder if some of the trophy requirements might need to be updated with each new Invasions Season. 

It doesn’t appear the methods have changed, but it does seem like the encounter rates for secret fights and ambushes have been lowered. If something concrete changes and you can identify it exactly, post and tag me in it or PM it to me and I’ll throw it in the guide. 

Found a secret fight (it's against Sub-Zero Cryomancer) in Season 2 by defeating final boss Nitara with Sub-Zero, ending it with a fatality. Not sure if the fatality is necessary but that's what I did.

I completed 100% of the season 2 invasion before trying the final boss with Sub-Zero and did not ever unlock a single secret fight along the way. Performed plenty of flawless brutalities and fatalities too.

Can't say for sure, but the secret fight this season does seem to be specific to the Nitara boss fight as some sort of teaser for Season 3.

Edited by xtrminator05
Clarity
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, xtrminator05 said:

Found a secret fight (it's against Sub-Zero Cryomancer) in Season 2 by defeating final boss Nitara with Sub-Zero, ending it with a fatality. Not sure if the fatality is necessary but that's what I did.

I completed 100% of the season 2 invasion before trying the final boss with Sub-Zero and did not ever unlock a single secret fight along the way. Performed plenty of flawless brutalities and fatalities too.

Can't say for sure, but the secret fight this season does seem to be specific to the Nitara boss fight as some sort of teaser for Season 3.

I can confirm i just gave this a go and got the secret fight trophy on the first attempt :) thank you very much

much, @Rebourne07 probably something youd like to know about

Edited by PlatinumTrophy

4 hours ago, xtrminator05 said:

3 hours ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

I can confirm i just gave this a go and got the secret fight trophy on the first attempt :) thank you very much

much, @Rebourne07 probably something youd like to know about

@xtrminator05 Thank you. I put your statement in the guide under the Found You trophy description and credited you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xtrminator05 said:

Seriously? Is this really the only way right now. I defeated the end boss but as Raiden and I don’t have the right consumable I need. 

On 11/14/2023 at 5:36 AM, Arsentio said:

I got only one secret fight in season 2. 

And ambushes now rare too

Now I've experimented when it comes to ambushes, running around in any of the 6 seasonal mesas after clearing all the nodes will land you one within 20 minutes or so. But still no luck on the secret fight, it's weird. If I hadn't gotten that trophy for a secret fight in the previous season, I'd be going nucking futs by now. 😂

On 11/14/2023 at 8:56 AM, Rebourne07 said:

It doesn’t appear the methods have changed, but it does seem like the encounter rates for secret fights and ambushes have been lowered. If something concrete changes and you can identify it exactly, post and tag me in it or PM it to me and I’ll throw it in the guide. 

Ambushes can easily be triggered within 20 minutes or so by running back and forth across any of the 6 mesas once they're completed, a little trick I'd discovered while exploring. Ambushes give out rewards to add to your character's 5 stats well past Level 30 numbers, for example even though I'd evened the leveling numbers going from 1 to 30 as in giving one point to each category the reward items called Herbs can add either 1 to each stat or 5 points to one of the stats (it's random which 5 point herb you get in terms of which stat it's for). 

For example, I have Baraka where every one of his 5 stats are at 126 points or higher (highest stat is at 180 which is Attack). In a nutshell his stats are currently slightly more than double that of balanced characters like Liu Kang or Scorpion (meaning their 5 stats are at 60 points each). Dude's totally going to kick the shit out of the Season 2 Titan. 😂 So beefing up your warrior of choice like this could really pay off in multiple ways to get whatever you need in Invasions. Doing what I call an Ambush Run as in running around each mesa to get one per stage takes about an hour. One "Ambush Run" got me 21 Defense points.

But apparently secret fights are a whole different animal now, especially with what's been said in here on this thread recently on how to get one. Anyway I just figured I'd mention what I'd come across. While I've never written a guide before, I know it can't be easy especially for bigger games like this one. Hopefully what I've uncovered on my own can be of some assistance, especially with what I refer to as an Ambush Run. Doing that an hour here and an hour there at times can make your fighter of choice become one hell of a serious powerhouse. 

Edited by Colin_Raleigh
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dr__Hennessy said:

Did you do invasion boss season 2 as sub zero? This seems to be the trick. I havnt done it yet myself as I don’t wanna fight this boss again. 

yes  I did it, I uploaded this video 😍

I opened the trophy

On 11/15/2023 at 4:34 AM, xtrminator05 said:

The first time I won this as Sub-Zero I wasn't able to do the fatality in time, so no secret fight occurred. It was annoying as hell having to repeat the process again but on the second attempt I did a fatality and got what'll probably be my only secret fight of Season 2. I'm not very good with Sub-Zero this time around which is strange because he was my main in MK11. Well, the Kuai Liang version was anyway. Still think it's strange that he's Scorpion now but that's a whole other story. 

On 11/16/2023 at 10:04 AM, HSN1899 said:

yes  I did it, I uploaded this video 😍

I opened the trophy

Holy shit that War Horn is OP AF!!! Shame I didn’t get it when I did the Titan Battle today when I got home from work. I got just skin though. Also I fought Baraka, not Shao just cuz. Ima try this method out later tomorrow and hopefully it’ll do the trick. Thanks for all the infos everyone 🙏🏻🖤

yoooo doing the fatality on Nitara with Sub-Zero actually did the trick! I was able to finally unlock the trophy for secret fight! (Took SS, but idk how to add from mobile to here 🤷🏻).

thank you everyone 🖤🖤

Edited by Kasper666
Spelling errors