Is this game playable now ?

duncanmcleod

Hi everyone,

Jedi : Survivor is currently highly discounted in Europe, and I would like to purchase it. But before spending 40 euros on it I would like to make sur that all the glitches and crashes which plagued the game at launch are now fixed. Considering it's a 40 hours game, more than a couple glitches and crashes would be a deal breaker for me. 

Do you think it's a safe purchase, and can you confirm the latest patches fixed most of the issues ? Thanks a lot for your answers !

• Like 2

Playable? 100%. I played it a couple of month ago and it was fantastic. They added 60 fps support and I encountered no glitches. But there is still one scavenger droid in the "Basalt Rift" on Koboh, that can glitch. Not sure if EA has fixed this one. It seems to glitch, if you dont kill the droid, it despawns and you leave the planet.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Last-priorite-shard-bugged-Scavenger-Droid-not-dropping/td-p/12533930

Maybe you should backup your save before this one because at the end of the game when you clean up, you maybe will not remember if the droid dropped the priorite shard or not. But as mentioned, I did not encounter this glitch.

It is priorite shard no. 48 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhZEapPrM7E

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It has screen tearing with vrr on (mostly on the first planet after the intro), and has white spots on screen edges when rotating the camera (the first game had it too). The framerate itself is mostly fine though, and this is all in performance mode, quality mode doesn't have tearing but it looks terrible, it's a bad 30fps, imo.

I had 0 crashes and I played it in long sessions, basically I played it for over 20 hours so far across 3 or 4 days, and it didn't crash or make me reload a checkpoint.

It definitely looks way smoother playing it in person in December than in early videos where the performance mode obviously looks like it drops down into the 30s. It is not perfect and the performance is a shame, but I doubt it will get any better at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it is playable.

Only had one crash in my 50+hour playthrough and even then it was just after it saved so I never lost progress.

Only had one instance of a framerate drop during gameplay and that is when I was going after the final bounty target. It reverted back to solid 60fps thereafter.

Most cutscenes are in 30fps by design apart from a few where the game randomly decides to put it in 60fps and the difference is so noticeable that it cannot be denied.

All trophies popped as they should with no quest line issues.

In other words, if you wanted to play this game but were put off by reports of technical issues now is the time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There's still really bad framerate drops during most action cutscenes but it's during cutscenes so it doesn't really affect anything that matters. 

There was only one time I had a bad framerate drop during actual gameplay into the teens in a certain area of Koboh where there was a lot of water and enemies. Once you leave that particular area the framerate returns to normal. 

Still loads of texture pop-ins that plagued Fallen Order too but at least in this game it's mostly secluded to cutscenes when this happens. It's definitely not the most polished game in the world but it's far from the worst I've ever played. Certainly playable.