Known exploits for Aliens Fireteams Elite

TheYuriG

Thanks for compiling this list. I agree with all your tips, since this is what I did when A:FE originally released a few years ago. I'm excited to go through the game again soon for the PS5 stack.

Good tips here. Btw, you don't need to close the game to reset and spam the daily challenges. Just quit to title screen, change your system clock and then go back in.

If anyone's interested I can probably share some newbie friendly builds, especially for those who do not own the DLC. I'm also just playing the base game from PS Plus. Without the Pathogen DLC we don't have access to some awesome perks/weapons.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Rikorus_Boss said:

I read about some dlc class is quite op and I see dlc is currently on sale.

[...]

Can sb confirm if I purchase this dlc I can make my life easier?

Yes, it's the last bullet point and the first spoiler.

On 11/27/2023 at 10:29 AM, TheYuriG said:
  • The game turns into a 1/10 if you are using a DLC skill regen build for Demolitionist and use an Overestimulated card. You can spam rockets non-stop and the game becomes really easy, as long as you aren't fighting Synths. Have at least one Technician with shock turrets to deal with the Synths.
  Reveal hidden contents

My DLC Demolitionist build for spamming rockets:

Screenshot_2023-12-09_19-27-34.png?ex=65

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 8:38 AM, RagnarNL said:

Good tips here. Btw, you don't need to close the game to reset and spam the daily challenges. Just quit to title screen, change your system clock and then go back in.

If anyone's interested I can probably share some newbie friendly builds, especially for those who do not own the DLC. I'm also just playing the base game from PS Plus. Without the Pathogen DLC we don't have access to some awesome perks/weapons.

I'm interested! 😀

Sorry I got the answer from Reddit. It’s randomly rewarded after a mission on intense or higher.

——————

It’s very strange. I can’t make a same demonlisher perk board because I am missing Quick Recharge II (2-grid). According to trophy progress I have opened 45 hidden caches and the last 10 caches only gave me consumables/stickers/skins. Will quick recharge II be in one of a future caches?

*I have Quick Recharge I, III, and IV, and I have bought everything from the merchant. And no, it is not in any one of the classes that I haven’t fully upgraded to Rank 8

Does anyone know how to get Quick Recharge II? Or can anyone confirm that they get it from hidden caches?

Edited by archangeltw_
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

Sorry I got the answer from Reddit. It’s randomly rewarded after a mission on intense or higher.

——————

It’s very strange. I can’t make a same demonlisher perk board because I am missing Quick Recharge II (2-grid). According to trophy progress I have opened 45 hidden caches and the last 10 caches only gave me consumables/stickers/skins. Will quick recharge II be in one of a future caches?

*I have Quick Recharge I, III, and IV, and I have bought everything from the merchant. And no, it is not in any one of the classes that I haven’t fully upgraded to Rank 8

Does anyone know how to get Quick Recharge II? Or can anyone confirm that they get it from hidden caches?

It will either drop from completing a mission on Intense or above, or from Hidden Caches. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

——————

Its a 13% drop rate intense difficulty or higher.

It only drops from hidden caches when you have found all of the available Attachment Rewards in a Campaign's Hidden Cache pool.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 2:21 PM, NajiLionheart said:

I'm interested! 😀

Sorry for the belated reply. I haven't been checking back often.

Anyways, I recommend the Lancer class as it has good survivability, able to use the most newbie friendly weapon in the Smartgun, and probably the best DPS weapon in the Pump Shotgun. It is also extremely easy to stack damage as you only need to hold your position for Overwatch stacks.

For perks:

Abilities

• Particle Wave - AoE, easy to stun groups of enemies when you're surrounded or to save an ally. General life saver.
  • Tenacious - Onslaught lasts 20% longer, +5% damage & 5% damage resistance while it's active
  • Unshakeable - Onslaught gives immunity to stuns + 150 temp health when activated
  • Quick Charge 1 - You can use extended duration if you want, but I find faster recharge to be generally more important.
  • Protective Layer - 20% damage reduction to Melee and environmental hazards.
  • Omniscience - Additional stack of Overwatch and easier to maintain your stacks. Pretty much essential for any Lancer.
  • Down Range - Increase far distance damage by 20%. Fairly underrated perk. One of the main issues with Smartgun is the low damage output to far enemies and ammo efficiency. Down Range gives a substantial boost to damage, which also indirectly improves ammo efficiency since each bullet is doing more. You can try with and without the perk to see the difference it makes.  

Weapon Training

• Demolisher Heavy Training - Increase heavy weapon max ammo by 20%, reload speed by 15% (Essential)
  • Lancer Heavy Expertise - Increase fire rate and reload speed of heavy weapons by 15% (more DPS)
  • Lancer Heavy Mastery - Improves effective range and stumble chance of heavy weapons by 15% (synergy with Down Range)
  • Technician CQW Training - Increase reload speed and accuracy of CQW by 15%. (Essential)
  • Gunner CQW Mastery - Increase fire rate and accuracy of CQW by 15% (more DPS)
  • Technician CQW Mastery - Increase fire rate and stability of CQWs by 15% (more DPS)

For the Weapons:

M37A3 Pump Shotgun

Ported Compensator: +20% Fire Rate, +40% Stability

Tempered Chamber: +15% Fire Rate, +20% Max Ammo

Hybrid Sight: +30% Accuracy, + 20% Weak Point Damage

L56A3 Smartgun

Tanker Muzzle Brake: +20% Weak Point Damage, +10% Stumble Chance, +10% Effective Range

Polygonal Rifling: +20% Fire Rate, 50% chance on hit to cause enemies to take additional 10% damage for 5 seconds (Very good since Smartgun is a fast firing weapon)

Max Capacity Armature: +35% Max Ammo, +25% Handling

This build is easy to use since you will not deal friendly fire to your teammates while also being good at crowd control with the Smartgun even if you're not a great aim. Just learn where to defend, make sure to get your max stacks of Overwatch for increased damage. When any elites appear, unload your shotgun at them and use your entire clip, then pop your Onslaught and continue blasting them away. You won't need to reload and the shotgun can make quick work of any pesky elites. You have increased survivability with the Tenacious and Protective Layer perks, and you get 150 temp health during Onslaught. Using Lancer also trains you to not sway left and right like an idiot and get into your teammate's line of fire, which is a plus.

You can refer to this link on how to unlock the different perks or attachments: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ADUYI66mOHLasdauJOArL4lv7XMEw96IcFS6_XBhsgA/edit#gid=11651903  

Another good class for newbies to use is the Technician. Excellent support class. You can still contribute a lot to the team with crowd control and your turret even if you're not a great aim. I can put up my build when I find the time.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by RagnarNL
  • Like 2