PS3 Can´t access my digital content

Rikapadupu

Unfortunately my brother has the issue with his downloads not working on PS3 (error code 80029721). My account on the same PS3 works fine though. Hopefully it's something that will get fixed over time, similarly to what happened earlier this week.

3 hours ago, Asimb0mb said:

Unfortunately my brother has the issue with his downloads not working on PS3 (error code 80029721). My account on the same PS3 works fine though. Hopefully it's something that will get fixed over time, similarly to what happened earlier this week.

Bummer. Cant he download thru the PSN Store? Not on PSN Store download list but in the part u Click to purchase the game. If not a delisted game of course.

On 2/11/2024 at 8:12 PM, Rikapadupu said:

Bummer. Cant he download thru the PSN Store? Not on PSN Store download list but in the part u Click to purchase the game. If not a delisted game of course.

No he can't, that's where he got the error code, when he tried downloading from the PS Store. He can't even access his account management on PS3 at the moment because it just tell to make a device setup password, which is nonsense because he already did that the other day and he's literally logged in with that password. PS3 is just broken on his side.

8 hours ago, Asimb0mb said:

No he can't, that's where he got the error code, when he tried downloading from the PS Store. He can't even access his account management on PS3 at the moment because it just tell to make a device setup password, which is nonsense because he already did that the other day and he's literally logged in with that password. PS3 is just broken on his side.

Try enabling 2 factor Authentication :)

What I was suggesting was in the PS Store where you click to purchase a game, the games you already own will say Download. most games I owned, I could downloaded that way when I had the same issue.

Edited by Rikapadupu

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2024 at 8:43 AM, SamuraiTech said:

I also get an activation error when attempting to activate video (800236AB)

I just got this error today while trying to download some episodes of that PS+ TV Show Powers (2016). Have you had any luck downloading video since January?

On 4/1/2024 at 5:17 PM, kacboy said:

I just got this error today while trying to download some episodes of that PS+ TV Show Powers (2016). Have you had any luck downloading video since January?

Yes, I'm able to download video content again. You may need to activate your video content for your console, or deactivate / reactivate for it to work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2024 at 11:58 AM, SamuraiTech said:

Yes, I'm able to download video content again. You may need to activate your video content for your console, or deactivate / reactivate for it to work.

I get the same error code 800236AB or 80022F10 when I try to activate video on the system. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to PS Support chat about the video issue (800236AB):

Thank you for confirming. After check some information kacboy.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/important-notice/

Unfortunately after 31st August 2021, we will no longer sell or rent movie and TV content on PlayStation™Store. Please see the information below on how you can still access movie and TV content you have previously acquired through PlayStation Store for on-demand playback PS4, PS5 & BRAVIA/Smart TV App

Unfortunately the PS3 is not included

Sounds like there is no intention to fix and they just want you to stream on new systems, so if your video content is downloading on PS3 still, take advantage!!!