PS3 Can´t access my digital content

Rikapadupu

Vita download list has been inaccessible to me for about a month, can only assume same is true for 3. Many others reported the same in different regions. My emails have shockingly gone unanswered 

On 12/31/2023 at 3:45 PM, DogFacePig said:

I don't think it's PS3 related. I'm having the same issue on PS3 and Vita today. Support bot keeps closing the chat and can't reach and actual PS Support agent.

I honestly think support bot is programmed to close chats if you type "vita". 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ASILENTENIGMA said:

I got hit with this as well.  I have over 3200 items in my download list.  I know this for a fact.  Last summer I took a tablet and took pictures of my entire download list on my ps3.  I was tired of having to scroll all the way to the bottom every single time.  I figured this way I could plan out a few games and downloads, and know what date in the list I had to get to.  The last picture I took was dated August 5th of 23.  So I know, at least for my account, that this problem happened after 8/5/23 and before a few weeks ago when I found out about it.  My two other household accounts can access their download list with no problem.  That's on the same ps3 that I use for my main account.  They both have less than 20 items in their list.

What was the overall wording in your BBB complaint?  I know those don't necessarily lead to any fix, but something is better than nothing.  The US based resource that took the report seriously, that was someone from Playstation?

My BBB Complaint ID is still open. Their last response on the matter through BBB was Monday, but I was able to receive a callback yesterday to follow-up on what the status of my issue was. Here's the response I made for the BBB complaint today, to reject the closure:

I am rejecting this response because PlayStation support did not fully troubleshoot the issue. The representative did try to make a change and was very nice, but advised that their support guidance does not provide any tools for them to troubleshoot the error. Additionally, they denied all paths to escalation, as they claim they have no resources to troubleshoot these older platforms that are no longer supported and nothing would be done. Their words were that if I wanted to avoid this in the future, I should simply buy a physical copy of the game instead of using the store. This reads like an admission that they don't support their store purchases.

My argument here is that they have the digital storefronts up, I am still able to make purchases on these platforms. How can a company sell digital 'services' and subscriptions, but provide no support for these services, particularly PAID content?

Here is my initial complaint:

I have been attempting to work with PlayStation support for over two weeks, to help troubleshoot an issue with my PlayStation Network Account. This is a subscription and marketplace account that I have had since 2007 and have spent over $4,400 during that time. The problem is as follows: When attempting to access my content download list, on either the PS3 or Vita consoles, I receive an error message on the platform. I have worked with PlayStation chat support on at least three different occasions (Case # 23401432), but my last conversation with them on 1/22/24 ended with support terminating the chat. Additionally, when I attempted to phone PlayStation support (1-800-345-7669), they were too busy to even take my phone call. (The system hung up automatically). Chat support has asked me to boot to safe mode on the PS3, restore default settings, check my firewall settings, deactivate and reactivate licenses, try two different residential ISP connections. I also installed a completely different hard drive and did a PS3 update via USB to reinstall the system software. None of it works. I do have a friend with a different PS3 and he is able to view his download list without an issue. I suspect the issue may be related to the number of titles in my particular library, as I've been a longtime PlayStation Network customer. The error message generated when I try to view my Transaction list (Account Management > Transaction Management > Download List) is 80023102. I also get an activation error when attempting to activate video (800236AB). I was finally able to reach PlayStation support by phone this morning (1/26/24), but they appear to have accidentally hung up on me during the conversation. I am simply requesting that someone in SIE please review my PSN Account and help troubleshoot what is causing the error when attempting to download.

40 minutes ago, GABAergic said:

Vita download list has been inaccessible to me for about a month, can only assume same is true for 3. Many others reported the same in different regions. My emails have shockingly gone unanswered 

I honestly think support bot is programmed to close chats if you type "vita". 

Everything I can see on the PlayStation support side has seemingly scrubbed PS3 and Vita from their support options. Phone support also tries to forward you over to chat. There were several times that phone support was so busy that the phone tree simply hangs up on you saying they are experiencing high call volume (or something similar).

My only luck was to go through as if I was seeking a refund for a PSN Store purchase, and state my case with support. I tried this several times with chat support, but eventually they just started throwing untenable troubleshooting steps (trying two separate residential Internet connections). When I actually did test with my mobile hotspot, the rep then said that mobile hotspots are not guaranteed to work and are unsupported, so I think this was simply a tactic.

I opened up the BBB case because chat support terminated my conversation the last time I worked with them and phone support accidentally hung up on me. Or it could have been purposeful once they heard PS3 / Vita. It seems they simply don't want to or are incapable of supporting these platforms, possibly by design.

• Like 1

Figure this should be put out there but I recommend anyone experiencing this to make a backup of their PS3 hdd just in case because at least that way you can ensure you have access to what you do have installed on your console in case something happens.

• Like 1

Today I got an email from support asking what the problem is... This is after 11 emails! I've gone into detail with them and provided dozens of screenshots so there should be no misunderstanding.

So yeah I lost my cool with them after that and threatened them with trading standards here in the UK. This has been going on since end of October. They are taking the piss now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, majob said:

Figure this should be put out there but I recommend anyone experiencing this to make a backup of their PS3 hdd just in case because at least that way you can ensure you have access to what you do have installed on your console in case something happens.

This is a solid recommendation. I'm currently downloading all I can still access through the PlayStation store from the PS3. This unfortunately does not help for delisted content (such as the recently removed Spec Ops: The Line), but if the content licensing issue impacting the PS Vita is any indication (PS Plus license entitlement is missing, cannot download monthly games such as Killzone: Mercenary), this may only get worse.

2 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Today I got an email from support asking what the problem is... This is after 11 emails! I've gone into detail with them and provided dozens of screenshots so there should be no misunderstanding.

So yeah I lost my cool with them after that and threatened them with trading standards here in the UK. This has been going on since end of October. They are taking the piss now.

I'm sorry to hear you are also going through this issue. If you have an equivalent consumer complaint org in the UK, maybe you should consider opening a case?

Edited by SamuraiTech
Misspelling of complaint + spacing issues.

2 hours ago, majob said:

yeah thats a great gonna have to find a spare 1tb disk but a great idea thanks for this

Edited by DeCreatorQPR

I imagine the only way this will get fixed anytime soon is if the issue becomes more widespread and/or if the story reaches some form of significant media. It is technically not against Sony's own terms of service for them to prevent you from downloading content beyond the initial download, but it is still not a great thing to have in this day and age where digital content is becoming more and more prevalent.

Sure, I could be purchasing and playing PS5 games instead, but this kind of issue raises the question whether I want to purchase content on the PS4 and PS5 at this moment, when there's stuff on the Vita I purchased back in 2020 that I can no longer download. Definitely something that will make you think twice.

That pretty much is the big narrative here. Unfortunately, getting it through PSN support will not be easy. They likely have no support documentation for legacy platforms, and there are likely procedures in place that prevent them from even supporting these devices beyond basic troubleshooting. I imagine most of their support ages would not even know what a PS3 or a Vita are.

Either way, a good idea to make backups, like has been mentioned here. Unfortunately that does not help with all the content that can no longer be downloaded, such as DLC that was never listed (preorders etc) and delisted games.

• Like 1

I did find this last night.

Ethics & Compliance Hotline - Sony Interactive Entertainment

It seems like you make the complaint with a 3rd party company, and they then investigate.  When you read what's on the page, I realize that this could be viewed as a bit of an extreme step to take.  However, if Sony continues to refuse to escalate, investigate, and fix this problem that is denying access to content that we exchanged money for, I feel that qualifies as unethical behavior/business misconduct.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

To the people who are having issues, how long have you had ps+?

I'm wondering if a single piece of content may be causing the issue

I'd be happy to send you my complete list of PSN titles via DM, as I was able to export the full list using PSDLE. This tool used to allow you to queue downloads, but broke when PlayStation updated their store.

Couldn't send the list in a DM due to the size. If the forum allows it, here's a link to a Google Doc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRxK2FCdrcqe1q6-EO0xwup6vy5KfOiuFeP5C1RUHnNPUSJj54qRHl_dmAvaWboajyDg35BOuk2jcXj/pubhtml

Edited by SamuraiTech
Unable to do what I said I could.

2 hours ago, SamuraiTech said:

I'd be happy to send you my complete list of PSN titles via DM, as I was able to export the full list using PSDLE. This tool used to allow you to queue downloads, but broke when PlayStation updated their store.

Couldn't send the list in a DM due to the size. If the forum allows it, here's a link to a Google Doc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRxK2FCdrcqe1q6-EO0xwup6vy5KfOiuFeP5C1RUHnNPUSJj54qRHl_dmAvaWboajyDg35BOuk2jcXj/pubhtml

Your earliest looks 24th October 2008      (I hate the US date format XD)

Mine is 16th January 2015

I'm having no problems with download lists ATM

To anybody else having the issue, what's your earliest PS+ content?

19 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Your earliest looks 24th October 2008      (I hate the US date format XD)

Mine is 16th January 2015

I'm having no problems with download lists ATM

To anybody else having the issue, what's your earliest PS+ content?

Whatever day one of the service was. I've been with it since the start. My problem seems to have spread to PS5 today as well.

On 2/1/2024 at 12:59 PM, SamuraiTech said:

I used to complain about my Uncharted DLCs, but that list looks impossible to manage lol, you'll be all day scrolling to find something from 2008.

I missed so many early demos😔

3 hours ago, DeCreatorQPR said:

mine is probably around when super stardust released possibly earlier

That's about March 2016 then.

Which is after when I started PS+ 😕  Well it doesn't seem to be a piece of content before a certain date causing the issue then.

EDIT - though thinking about it, I didn't redeem many PS+ games as it blocked you from buying them in future (till more recently)

Edited by Dark_Overlord

1 minute ago, RedDevil757 said:

I renewed my plus just before this started on the black Friday sales using the app as I kept getting an error on the console store. Did anyone else renew then notice this problem?

My last regular PS Plus Renewal was back on December 2, 2021, where I extended to 5/31/2023. (This date is reflected as my 'purchase date' for my PS Plus content. I then applied two, 12-month subscriptions to PS Now on 4/3/2022 which extended my date out to 6/13/2024. I was fairly sure I've used the download list after that renewal and it was working.

1 hour ago, RedDevil757 said:

I renewed my plus just before this started on the black Friday sales using the app as I kept getting an error on the console store. Did anyone else renew then notice this problem?

Not sure if this relates to the current problem, last time I renewed my Plus subscription was during a PS Plus 25% off sale back in 2021 and that caused the issue of me losing all PS Vita/PS3 Playstation Plus games, which also was a somewhat widespread issue that affects other users here on PSNP and outside here. It took around 2 months of going back and forth with Sony Support before they manage to fix the issue. I believe that those discounted PS Plus subscriptions have some of bug that somehow mess up with licenses, more specifically PS3/Vita game licenses.

Since this problem in 2021, I've let my PS Plus auto-renews itself to avoid problems...and there is an ongoing PS Plus subscription sale that you can upgrade your subscription to either Extra or Deluxe for the remainder of actual subscription and I'm very tempted to upgrade but at the same time I'm very afraid this will mess up with my Plus catalog if I ever decide to not renew or go back to the basic plus subscription...

Really wish Sony would fix these issues with download list on legacy consoles =/.

• Like 1

Found when i purchased Super StarDust

Date Purchased: 18/02/2009 @ 09:54 PM

Total Amount: £6.49

Item / Service Details Unit of Price

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

EP9000-NPEA00014_00-PSUPERSTAR000005-E001              Super Stardust HD™ Complete (Game Pack) £6.49

On 2/2/2024 at 6:22 PM, Otonio_Bruno said:

Not sure if this relates to the current problem, last time I renewed my Plus subscription was during a PS Plus 25% off sale back in 2021 and that caused the issue of me losing all PS Vita/PS3 Playstation Plus games, which also was a somewhat widespread issue that affects other users here on PSNP and outside here. It took around 2 months of going back and forth with Sony Support before they manage to fix the issue. I believe that those discounted PS Plus subscriptions have some of bug that somehow mess up with licenses, more specifically PS3/Vita game licenses.

Since this problem in 2021, I've let my PS Plus auto-renews itself to avoid problems...and there is an ongoing PS Plus subscription sale that you can upgrade your subscription to either Extra or Deluxe for the remainder of actual subscription and I'm very tempted to upgrade but at the same time I'm very afraid this will mess up with my Plus catalog if I ever decide to not renew or go back to the basic plus subscription...

Really wish Sony would fix these issues with download list on legacy consoles =/.

This is my thought as well, regarding the PS Plus subscription issues. If not the discounted version then maybe something to do with the 'new' tiers. I'm thinking these tiers were never designed for the 'legacy' consoles and could be causing a specific problem with users who were long-time subscribers or with a certain number of content items. I'm tempted to downgrade my sub from Premium to Essentials and perform a one-month renewal to see if that resolves it.

Edited by SamuraiTech
Changed tiers to issues.
  • Like 1

So I emailed [email protected] on Saturday

Case Ref: 23908082

Got the following back this morning at 09:48 AM

Thank you for contacting PlayStation Support.

I hope this email finds you well, I'm sorry about the issue you are having but those devices are no longer supported.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, please contact PlayStation Support, and one of our team will be happy to help.       

Thanks,       

So I am going to email them with my receipts for paid for content that i can no longer download "Last of Us" Left Behind DLC as its not listed on the UK store only the standalone version

Im going to include screenshots from the transaction list, from the store and from within the Last of Us showing i can not access content i paid for

Im also going to mention trading standards as a follow up if i dont get a satisfactory escalation from them

will let you know how i get on

• Like 1