PS3 Can´t access my digital content

Rikapadupu

5 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Mine definitely said used. I deactivated everything then re added them because I couldn't download a certain game from my download list (final fight double impact) then all my problems started. I've seen another person on Reddit with the same thing. Same game too.

Have you managed to get the Final fight download worked at some point? I have the game but I can't even downloaded it and I have only one ps3 since the creation of this account.

A real shame this issue stills today and Sony Playstation doesn't work properly.

Edited by NajiLionheart

Hello to all

Just to say, today I went to see if there was any change about the issue and I still cant access thru the content list in the console, but thru the store I now can download games. 

Not ideal, but a small step forward.

Happy gaming for all.

On 1/23/2024 at 5:21 PM, HuntingFever said:

Have you tried to boot it up offline whilst your PS3's internet connection is disabled?

Didn't work

21 hours ago, NajiLionheart said:

Have you managed to get the Final fight download worked at some point? I have the game but I can't even downloaded it and I have only one ps3 since the creation of this account.

A real shame this issue stills today and Sony Playstation doesn't work properly.

Yeah. It's on my other PS3 (both slim but different models) I downloaded it on that years ago. It doesn't play now though.

I got another reply from support today. Asked me to delete the store app and reinstall it. Did that and still have a problem.

Other thing they told me to do was use the website to deactivate. But I've done that recently and it makes you wait. So I couldn't do that.

I'm getting really annoyed with this crap.

• Like 1

The ps store is just an app on the ps3 menu, you can delete this and download this again *this is solve a lot of problem* btw to download your content no need to go on the store, go in account settings, transaction management and download list 

yeah none of that works

some people are getting 80023102 error when you go via the transaction managment > download list

and then when you go to the store and download list you get no content found message

i have tried delete the store and re download

it also also affecting my vita with error np-2244-2 error when trying to view download list within the vita store app

It's an account-specific issue, and there's no way to resolve it on user end. I've tried setting up fully formatted PS3s and Vitas and it's the exact same thing, whereas other accounts on these devices work fine.

The only hope of them ever fixing this is for the issue to be escalated on Sony's side, which may unfortunately require pointless troubleshooting steps performed with their tier 1 support, as that is the level of support you can ever expect at that point. Someone may possibly escalate the issue once every single relevant and irrelevant troubleshooting step has been performed, but even that is not guaranteed as the PS3 and Vita are legacy platforms, so the whole thing is definitely a priority for them, even if it involves people not being able to redownload already purchased content.

On 1/23/2024 at 6:03 AM, andshrew said:

Assuming that your PS3 is a stock PS3 (ie. no CFW), then you need to keep at their support and not take no for an answer. Their first line aren't likely to be able to fix it, it will need to be escalated. If it's a server or software issue related to something specific on your account (ie. some bad data in your download list which causes the PS3 process to crash out), then they are the only ones who will be able to fix it.

What I would try - if you are able to - is log into your account on your friends PS3. Does the same thing happen there?

If something behind the scenes is going wrong with authentication you could try logging out of the PS3, then revoke your current PS3 Device Setup Password followed by generating a new one and logging back in using that. 

Lastly you could try changing your DNS server. If it were to be an issue with specific Sony servers, changing which DNS server you use may may get you routed to a different Sony server. I would try alternating between 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS) and 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare DNS).

Yes, my PS3 is a stock PS3. I was able to log into my account on my friend's PS3, and the same thing occurs. I did try revoking the PS3 Device Setup, I also removed 2FA, tried again, same issue. I also tried changing DNS servers, I completely reinstalled a different HDD into the PS3 and restored the software via USB drive. Nothing has worked. I reached back out to chat support and they advised they don't support those legacy platforms and terminated the chat. I called PlayStation support today who finally answered, but the rep accidentally hung up on me. I've opened a complaint with the BBB to see if that spurs any action.

5 hours ago, SamuraiTech said:

Yes, my PS3 is a stock PS3. I was able to log into my account on my friend's PS3, and the same thing occurs. I did try revoking the PS3 Device Setup, I also removed 2FA, tried again, same issue. I also tried changing DNS servers, I completely reinstalled a different HDD into the PS3 and restored the software via USB drive. Nothing has worked. I reached back out to chat support and they advised they don't support those legacy platforms and terminated the chat. I called PlayStation support today who finally answered, but the rep accidentally hung up on me. I've opened a complaint with the BBB to see if that spurs any action.

I don't think there is much else you can do unfortunately. Hope you get somewhere with that.

To me your testing does at least confirm it is an issue specific to your PSN account. I can't think of any other settings or tricks you could try which might fix this without Sony's intervention.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 12:22 PM, HuntingFever said:

Ouch, that sucks :(. I take it this means the 100% is now unobtainable?

Game works fine for me, and I just got the trophy for beating the game with less than 18 continues. It was actually kinda cool, hit quick match and immediately found a co-op game. I didn't get the trophy for beating the game in coop, I assume because I joined after it started (Still level 1) or beating the game with Guy,  but man it was nostalgic to throw a ps3 game on and find a coop game. 

• Like 1

Can anyone on the forum confirm if they have a line item on their Playstation Services list for PSN Beta? This would be accessed on the PS3 from the main XMB as follows: Playstation Network > Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List.

I've got the attention of someone at Sony Support and I'm trying to see if I can find a common thread besides content count.

2 hours ago, SamuraiTech said:

Can anyone on the forum confirm if they have a line item on their Playstation Services list for PSN Beta? This would be accessed on the PS3 from the main XMB as follows: Playstation Network > Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List.

I've got the attention of someone at Sony Support and I'm trying to see if I can find a common thread besides content count.

Hi just went through my 1577 items in my service list and no mention of PSN Beta

I still have the issue on my PS3 and Vita not listing my paid for content or anything else from PS+

Edited by DeCreatorQPR

5 hours ago, vanessaking2 said:

It is time then to change to PS4 or PS5.

To your point, I do actually have both a PS4 and PS5. My reasoning behind loading these older games is the anticipation that Sony will eventually shut down access to this store. And, given Sony's response to the issue, I'm concerned the store will simply fall apart due to maintenance issues and they will write the whole thing off. Since this is a back catalogue I'm entitled to (with direct purchases and a long-time PlayStation Plus member), I just want the access I've paid for. If I can just get the right person at PlayStation to review the error codes, I have a feeling we can get this resolved for multiple PSN users like me.

No offense taken, I just want to hold Sony accountable for their PlayStation network and 'legacy' devices.

19 hours ago, DeCreatorQPR said:

Hi just went through my 1577 items in my service list and no mention of PSN Beta

I still have the issue on my PS3 and Vita not listing my paid for content or anything else from PS+

Thank you for your work on this. Upon further review on my end, this content was just a red herring. It was associated with Destiny of Spirits, which evidently I was on the beta for.

One other troubleshooting item I was wondering about. I do have a ton of content, but I also stacked my PS Plus renewal for a few years ahead of time. So, my PS Plus won't renew until NEXT year. As a result, my PS Plus content shows a renewal date of 2021. This is something I made mention to PlayStation support yesterday, and they were able to confirm they saw my 'purchase' date, but not the license entitlement. I'm thinking MAYBE this error may be generated due to some kind of PS Plus license entitlement error.

Are you a PS Plus subscriber? If so, how many years in advance did you renew?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SamuraiTech said:

To your point, I do actually have both a PS4 and PS5. My reasoning behind loading these older games is the anticipation that Sony will eventually shut down access to this store. And, given Sony's response to the issue, I'm concerned the store will simply fall apart due to maintenance issues and they will write the whole thing off. Since this is a back catalogue I'm entitled to (with direct purchases and a long-time PlayStation Plus member), I just want the access I've paid for. If I can just get the right person at PlayStation to review the error codes, I have a feeling we can get this resolved for multiple PSN users like me.

No offense taken, I just want to hold Sony accountable for their PlayStation network and 'legacy' devices.

Thank you for your work on this. Upon further review on my end, this content was just a red herring. It was associated with Destiny of Spirits, which evidently I was on the beta for.

One other troubleshooting item I was wondering about. I do have a ton of content, but I also stacked my PS Plus renewal for a few years ahead of time. So, my PS Plus won't renew until NEXT year. As a result, my PS Plus content shows a renewal date of 2021. This is something I made mention to PlayStation support yesterday, and they were able to confirm they saw my 'purchase' date, but not the license entitlement. I'm thinking MAYBE this error may be generated due to some kind of PS Plus license entitlement error.

Are you a PS Plus subscriber? If so, how many years in advance did you renew?

yeah im on PS+ premium as it folded both my PS Now and Plus into the premium tier

It is due to expire in July this year if i check a game ive downloaded via plus it does show the correct expiry date

eg

Okami HD Starts 22/11/2020

Expires 5/7/2024

spot checking a few others confirms as well

let me see if i can see the okami license entitlement

so i cant seem to see any of my PS3 entitlement in the services list apart from 2 entries at the very bottom

Super Startdust HD and Wipeout HD both the expires and remaining are blank

when my download list was last working it was something like 2300 items maybe not every download has a service list entry but mine seems to be missing all my PS3 content

the vita content seems to be there but that maybe because of crossbuy etc but my vita download list is still erroring with error NP2244-2 or something

hope that helps if you need any more info let me know

7 minutes ago, DeCreatorQPR said:

yeah im on PS+ premium as it folded both my PS Now and Plus into the premium tier

It is due to expire in July this year if i check a game ive downloaded via plus it does show the correct expiry date

eg

Okami HD Starts 22/11/2020

Expires 5/7/2024

spot checking a few others confirms as well

let me see if i can see the okami license entitlement

so i cant seem to see any of my PS3 entitlement in the services list apart from 2 entries at the very bottom

Super Startdust HD and Wipeout HD both the expires and remaining are blank

when my download list was last working it was something like 2300 items maybe not every download has a service list entry but mine seems to be missing all my PS3 content

the vita content seems to be there but that maybe because of crossbuy etc but my vita download list is still erroring with error NP2244-2 or something

hope that helps if you need any more info let me know

i think i purchased super stardust wayback when but dont remember buying wipeout and its expansion

@DeCreatorQPR, thanks for confirming those details, I appreciate you trying to help. My PS Plus entitlements are all dated 12/2/2021, set to expired in June of 2025. It seems that my PS3 library can see most of the entitlements, but my Vita list seemingly disregards that I ever had that license to begin with, as it shows a dollar amount for me to buy the content.

My discussion with PlayStation support led to the inevitable 'we are only looking forward and not backward' and the surprising 'if you are concerned with the digital content, we recommend you purchase physical games'. They did, however, let me know they don't see the license entitlement for those PS Plus titles, so support's guess was that Sony simply didn't renew the license. At the end of the day, they don't seem to have the resources or escalation process to be able to have someone review the problem.

I should note: I was able to view a substantial amount of my download content for PS3 by going to the store page and looking at the 'Demo' section. Since a lot of download content relies on a Demo + Unlock key, there were a lot of titles I could download here and activate. Maybe that might help those for some of their missing content.

1 hour ago, SamuraiTech said:

@DeCreatorQPR, thanks for confirming those details, I appreciate you trying to help. My PS Plus entitlements are all dated 12/2/2021, set to expired in June of 2025. It seems that my PS3 library can see most of the entitlements, but my Vita list seemingly disregards that I ever had that license to begin with, as it shows a dollar amount for me to buy the content.

My discussion with PlayStation support led to the inevitable 'we are only looking forward and not backward' and the surprising 'if you are concerned with the digital content, we recommend you purchase physical games'. They did, however, let me know they don't see the license entitlement for those PS Plus titles, so support's guess was that Sony simply didn't renew the license. At the end of the day, they don't seem to have the resources or escalation process to be able to have someone review the problem.

I should note: I was able to view a substantial amount of my download content for PS3 by going to the store page and looking at the 'Demo' section. Since a lot of download content relies on a Demo + Unlock key, there were a lot of titles I could download here and activate. Maybe that might help those for some of their missing content.

so we are left in limbo if we ever have to replace a failed drive in a PS3

i wonder what the agument would be if you custom firmwared your PS3 and then downloaded what you legally brought that could not access through PSN because of their screw up

i also wonder what it says in the T&C's about purchases made that you can no longer access because of this or even PS+ titles that should be entitled to play as long as your sub is active

i can feel a class action coming on if it starts to affect enough people

"PS Plus titles, so support's guess was that Sony simply didn't renew the license"

this does not make sense though does it otherwise every PS+ subscriber still using their PS3 with PS+ games would be locked out of that content not just a few

need a proper email / contact who knows what they are talking about really

7 minutes ago, DeCreatorQPR said:

"PS Plus titles, so support's guess was that Sony simply didn't renew the license"

this does not make sense though does it otherwise every PS+ subscriber still using their PS3 with PS+ games would be locked out of that content not just a few

need a proper email / contact who knows what they are talking about really

I agree with you on this, it doesn't make sense. I can see my Vita entitlements on my PS3 surprisingly if I browse for content in categories. Unfortunately, because they turned off the ability to transfer Vita files downloaded to the PS3, that's not a viable workaround. I have seen some issues with license entitlement if someone overrides their license with a PS Plus license (Such as adding a streaming version of a game through the PS5, then trying to access it after the streaming license expires). This appears to be some tech debt that has never been adequately fixed.

The biggest problem is the PlayStation support structure is very anti-customer. They try to push you to certified categories, so they can keep their reps doing repetitive tasks instead of investigations. Same thing with phone support, who was most likely an outsourced call center. I only received serious attention when I opened a BBB complaint, surprisingly. Received a call from what sounded like a US-based resource, and they took the report seriously. Unfortunately, even they admitted they don't have the resources nor do they have the escalation process.

It may take a larger personality to escalate this to a Sony and have the attention it deserves. Until then, we appear to be in an entitlement limbo.

1 hour ago, DeCreatorQPR said:

so we are left in limbo if we ever have to replace a failed drive in a PS3

i wonder what the agument would be if you custom firmwared your PS3 and then downloaded what you legally brought that could not access through PSN because of their screw up

i also wonder what it says in the T&C's about purchases made that you can no longer access because of this or even PS+ titles that should be entitled to play as long as your sub is active

i can feel a class action coming on if it starts to affect enough people

Again, I can agree with your argument here. Unfortunately, to my understanding, Sony has a strict banning automation that can identify custom firmware if you join the PSN afterwards. Bans newer consoles (unsure if the PS3/Vita have this) AND your PSN account. This would be a no-go for me, as I don't want to lose the library I can access.

I got hit with this as well.  I have over 3200 items in my download list.  I know this for a fact.  Last summer I took a tablet and took pictures of my entire download list on my ps3.  I was tired of having to scroll all the way to the bottom every single time.  I figured this way I could plan out a few games and downloads, and know what date in the list I had to get to.  The last picture I took was dated August 5th of 23.  So I know, at least for my account, that this problem happened after 8/5/23 and before a few weeks ago when I found out about it.  My two other household accounts can access their download list with no problem.  That's on the same ps3 that I use for my main account.  They both have less than 20 items in their list.

What was the overall wording in your BBB complaint?  I know those don't necessarily lead to any fix, but something is better than nothing.  The US based resource that took the report seriously, that was someone from Playstation?