Other games like this?

I really enjoyed playing Bloodstained: RoTN and was wondering if others knew any games that are similar. 

In particular, I really enjoyed the RPG style married with the metroidvania and really all the different weapons and magic abilities in the game. It felt like you were rewarded heavily to explore and kill enemies and wish other games turned things that are usually tedious into something more fun.

I guess the second parter to this question is how similar are the actual Castlevania games to this? Which ones in that series would you recommend playing?

Obviously, I will be looking at other games in this series, but any other recommendations would be awesome! :)

• Like 1

Pretty much any castlevania starting with symphony of the night should scratch that it. SOTN and aria of sorrow are my two recs. 

Unfortunately I don’t know of other ones that resemble what castlevania was doing with the Metroid formula . Dust : an Elysian tale has some rpg mechanics but it doesn’t have the weapon variety that castlevania or bloodstain has . 

• Like 1

Strider

Guacamelee 1 and 2

Hollow Knight

Apotheon

Dead Cells

Blasphemous 1 and 2

Sundered 

As for Castlevania, I've only played IV on the Super Nintendo so I'm not qualified to answer your second question. But I've heard nice wings about Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood. 

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights. You get many different weapons/ skills and customize which ones to use, have different builds, etc. Exploration is also rewarded with good items, new abilities. It also adds a Soulslike spin with bonfires, resting respawns enemies, you just don't lose XP. Also, don't let the plat rarity fool you, it's at least as difficult as Bloodstained, probably harder.

• Like 4

Castlevania:SOTN is probably the closest thing and it's amazing despite its age. Definitely check it out if you want "more Bloodstained". 

Hollow Knight is incredible but on the harder side. 

Ghost Song is a metroidvania mixed with some soulslike elements and it's actually pretty great. 

Also, they're not on Playstation but the Ori games are one of the best metroidvanias I've played so definitely check those out if you can. Very different art style but the gameplay and exploration is top notch. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I really enjoyed the RPG style married with the metroidvania and really all the different weapons and magic abilities in the game

Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth.
Afterimage. 

Both of these are more castlevania (rpg elements, equipment) than metroid. 

GRIME is a great metroidvania soulslike with your typical dark souls stats and weapons. 

• Like 3