Capcom doesn't shutdown their servers ?

GMZ

Haven't you noticed guys that Capcom doesn't shutdown their servers ? correct me if i am wrong but the ones that i know are Resident Evils, Street Fighters, Dead Risings, RDR series.

But after i checked the list of games published by Capcom maybe only one game is down and it's Age of Booty right ?

That is a good thing in my opinion unless if they decided to shutdown a game without a warning like Activision does.

43 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Haven't you noticed guys that Capcom doesn't shutdown their servers ? correct me if i am wrong but the ones that i know are Resident Evils, Street Fighters, Dead Risings, RDR series.

But after i checked the list of games published by Capcom maybe only one game is down and it's Age of Booty right ?

That is a good thing in my opinion unless if they decided to shutdown a game without a warning like Activision does.

AFAIK Age of booty was only shutdown because it ran on gamespy and i think some of the older titles are P2P meaning they can't be shutdown unless i'm wrong :hmm:

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Capcom partially shutdown some PS3 servers a couple of months back for Darkstalkers and one of the Street Fighter games without telling anyone, thus rendering 1 trophy in each list unobtainable :(.

Without telling anyone hmmmm that means they could shutdown any of their older games that shitty way and honestly what made me decide to create this topic is a friend of mine was urging me to start working on Umbrella Corps since it's mostly online and it's kinda old game now and i was thinking to myself but Capcom doesn't really shutdown their games so this could go down any day who knows.

Dragon's Dogma online was a JP exclusive, online only Free-to-Play MMORPG title that Capcom officially shutdown in 2019. There is a private server that is being worked on at the moment, but it's not Capcom supported.

Resident Evil Outbreak Files #1 and #2 are fixed-camera co-op survival horror games that supported online and offline play. Capcom also officially shut down these servers in 2007 but, again, private servers are up and running without Capcom support.

Several Monster Hunter games for the PS2 also had their servers shut down. So it would seem Capcom has no problem eliminating their PS2 online services. PS3 servers I feel may take a little longer, maybe when Sony officially closes their own store. Live service games are up in the air with Capcom. They don't really dabble in online only games-as-a-service model other than Dragon's Dogma Online and the recently released (and frequently forgotten) game Exoprimal.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Capcom partially shutdown some PS3 servers a couple of months back for Darkstalkers and one of the Street Fighter games without telling anyone, thus rendering 1 trophy in each list unobtainable :(.

The worst thing is that they shutdown the replay feature of those game, not the online fighting part, so even if taking out the replay feature is something not so bad, it makes the 100% impossible because they always have some replay trophy bs...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It's always the games with only one trophy unobtainable that hurts the most 😑