Most efficient way to get 100% Rise+Sunbreak as a newer player?

nhindian

Hey all - I started this game a few weeks ago to get the Hard Game club ps stars collectible, and have enjoyed it so far. I'm working towards getting the Platinum + 100%, and was wondering the most efficient way to go about hunting since I'm joining at a tike when all content is available to me.

My path so was do Village quests until I got the special quests to skip low Rank hub. I then did just enough of High rank to get to the next star rank and finished the original story (end of 6*). This was to speed through the hunts to make sure I was able to get the PS Stars collectible before it ended.

However, this meant that I was pretty underpowered and I created join requests every hunt where sometimes I got carried. I then started Sunbreak where I did the same thing until I beat 3* MR Garengolm. I really struggled on that fight, so I stepped back and finished all of the Village quests and Low rank hub quests to both get more comfortable with the Long Sword, get materials, and knock out a few trophies. 

From here, I'm just wondering the best path forward since it seems like I can knock out some Rise + Sunbreak trophies at the same time. I figure I should spend as little time as possible in Rise content besides the absolute minimum required for the trophies?

Well the main tip I would have say is always check the item shop after every quest to see if there is a raffle and then do the raffle. You also want to record the number of your kills before you get to Sunbreak content and then don't go back to Rise until you have 1k kills pop for Sunbreak kills. This is because Sunbreak kills count for both 1,000 monsters slain trophies while Rise kills only count for the first one because they're not master rank. Your monster kills are not separated by quest rank so there is no real way to track this. Then do 3k coins before you start crown hunting because crowns can't come from those quests. You will also want to take on 15 risen elders at some point when your investigation level is high enough you will likely have killed 100 afflicted monsters at this time too. When you get to the point where you're actively looking for crowns get the Elder Dragons out of the way first and work your way down the list to the easiest monsters. Some quests have a 100% spawn rate for both large and small crowns. You will also need to finish both Sunbreak quests and anomaly quests for trophies(the quests added in the updates are not needed for both trophies) Once you have all the crowns, coins, quests finished, and both 1,000 monsters slain trophies then go back to Rise. The grind you'll have to do is 50 rampage quests which should be easily done solo now due to your master rank armor. You could also do the 50 rampage quests before you get into Sunbreak, but you won't have high level armor then. Only the main monster counts for 1,000 low and high rank monsters slain, if you kept a tally of your kills make sure to add 50 to your Rise kills. You will also need at least 10 of each monster killed and doing the apex monsters solo is preferable with master rank armor. Picking quests with multiple monsters is suggested because they have less HP and you can just return to the village once the monster you need is dead. The arena quests are entirely skill based with preset loadouts, you only need to finish them with one weapon for each arena quest. If you don't feel comfortable with the game do not attempt these early.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Additionally someone took my number 1 spot for finishing the Sunbreak DLC with the usage of a modified savefile and they will probably not get flagged either.

Why dont you report them ?

I agree with you that there are not even trying to hide their cheat.

On the topic, you'll have to play sunbreak after doing anything in rise so there is no major optimization for the 100%. Contrary to MH world, you can get crowns on any quests, so the more you play, the more chances you have to complete compedium. 

5 minutes ago, Shorah- said:

Why dont you report them ?

I agree with you that there are not even trying to hide their cheat.

Because the site owner is too lazy to add an otion to be able to flag PS5 games. lol

I did, however, mention them to the CRT team mutliple times over a time period of almost a year, yet they are still all there in the leaderboards.

So yeah, hacking ps5 games has no consequences whatsoever because they can't be flagged and CRT can't flag them either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

So yeah, hacking ps5 games has no consequences whatsoever because they can't be flagged and CRT can't flag them either.

Never realized all the disputes were only on ps4 games or older. Good to know.

8 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Because the site owner is too lazy to add an otion to be able to flag PS5 games. lol

I did, however, mention them to the CRT team mutliple times over a time period of almost a year, yet they are still all there in the leaderboards.

It definitely is frustrating how heavily cheated Monster Hunter games are and we can't really get these people off the boards.  Even World/Iceborne which allow flagging always have tons of cheaters every time I look at the top 50.  I am sure there are many people who don't even have a fastest list that cheated as well.  I even saw someone on Rise who didn't have the platinum/100% but autopopped most of Rise/Sunbreak's preliminary trophies before the end game on the PS5 version but didn't have the PS4 version on his list.  People just use save files to skip so much of the game's content in Monster Hunter games.  The official reddit is also filled with people who use "mods" on PC that allow them to bypass mechanics and save huge amounts of time.  It's just always going to be a highly cheated franchise and it's super annoying how the trophy rarity is never going to be accurate due to it.

Edited by Elegy

Posted (edited)

I was wondering how the Platinum rate was so high for a game that takes so much time, that sort of explains it! 

Thanks all for the help. I think I'm on a good path.

Edited by nhindian

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 7:15 PM, Ich1994-1994 said:

Is there something like the defender set from worlds in rise? 

Yea, there are defender weapons that make base Rise easy to get through, but once Sunbreak starts you'll have to use traditional weapon upgrade paths and that may require going back and farming in low/high rank anyway for monster materials.