Have the servers closed?

HuntingFever

Just now, Craaggle said:

Ridiculous that they shut down their games servers so quickly, then again nothing is surprising from 2K.

This is why I avoid sports games and yearly releases like the plague, because the servers have a lifespan that's a fraction of what others get.

1 hour ago, Craaggle said:

Ridiculous that they shut down their games servers so quickly. Then again nothing is surprising from 2k 

I mean, they put the server shutdown notice in the game manual for WWE 2k23 as soon as the game was released. 

I used to love playing WWE games when I was a kid. Would love to play them again, but refuse with such disrespect towards their own players.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Craaggle said:

Ridiculous that they shut down their games servers so quickly. Then again nothing is surprising from 2k 

The reason behind it is simple, they want you to move on to the next game = money. 

• Like 3

As one of the 83 platinum holders currently, I can say this game was pretty stupid. It wasn't possible to get this platinum if you we're starting to play after the Warriors got the championship due to the You're A Star trophy needing you to play a NBA Today game which they didn't do for the 22-23 season. Again to NTGSruler's point...

On 1/3/2024 at 4:04 AM, NTGSruler said:

they want you to move on to the next game = money

Neatly, that point also ties in nicely with any of the players who did stick around to get the platinum in 2023. All the scrubs (except me lol) left the game which made trophies like Lottery or This Is Sparta! pretty impossible because you had sweats searching in dead lobbies. It's lucky I had two copies when I did have this issue.

Lastly, whilst the grind was pretty difficult playing as a F2P in MyCAREER and MyTEAM, nothing got worse than the Somewhere Over The... trophy, especially as a late comer who didn't take advantage of Locker Codes. I had to get on constantly, merching cards for 2-3 months to buy enough cards in collections to obtain MT Tokens which could be used to redeem players and then it needed some more! This thread sums it up nicely.

At the end of the day, 2K is just a business. They do these server shutdowns to save on utility expenses since before, it made them boat loads of money but in the present, people were there to reminisce and have fun with builds already made more than wanting to invest. Until EA or somebody else comes into the NBA Video Game market, 2K have a monopoly and as much as we dislike it, they will like continue to be a force until then. If only we could somehow all boycott them.... Good luck with that!

@burnix81You can boycot them by not buying their games. Off course 1 man can only do so much. Those companies off course have to make money, but it's the way they do it that raises questions. I stopped buying Fifa games for that same reason. Fifa 20 was the last one that i bought, Fifa 22 we got via PS+. It's the same for F1 games and all sports games in general.

• Like 2