Is the PS plus version definitive edition or standard

Hi there, I finally got around to completing shadow of the tomb raider and noticed all the DLC is locked: I keep getting directed to the store to buy the DLC.

I'm playing it from the PS plus catalogue. On the view product page suggest it's definitive edition (with the image in the background saying definitive edition), but there is a DLC to buy the extra content.

The other two tomb raiders (from the PS catalogue) came with all the DLC content. 

I have also read elsewhere saying it should include all the content but looking like it doesn't for me. There doesn't look like there is a mission giver in game. I did try to update licences, nothing changed.

So I'm thinking the PS catalogue version is standard edition without any DLC.

Many thanks 

Edited by Roguey000

6 minutes ago, Roguey000 said:

Hi there, I finally got around to completing shadow of the tomb raider and noticed all the DLC is locked: I keep getting directed to the store to buy the DLC.

Cannot really confirm atm but that is probably the case as PS Plus games generally do not have the full content.

8 minutes ago, Roguey000 said:

The other two tomb raiders (from the PS catalogue) came with all the DLC content. 

Those games have never had a base version on the PS Store to my knowledge, DLC was always included.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fiercethetear said:

Those games have never had a base version on the PS Store to my knowledge, DLC was always included.

Correct. TR 1 & 2 are the Complete Editions by default so have everything pre-installed, provided you play with the latest patch installed.

• Like 1

I also had the same question for some games when the service launched, as the info was very sparse. As others have said, you should not expect the DLC to be included, unless a specifc version is given, e.g., "Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition" or "Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration". You can also check the store and scroll down to the "Versions" or "Editions", to see which one is included, if there are multiple.
Another resource you could try is this list:

Though, you should be cautious about any list online, as even the ones from Sony themselves had many errors about available games., e.g., currently Sony's official list for Germany links to games in the UK store...

• Like 2

hi there guys, thank-you for your replies.

I was thinking it was the standard edition, but the splash image (on PS home, and the store) suggested it was definitive edition. I guess the other two games being definitive edition too; kind-of threw me too.

Many thanks,

On 1/5/2024 at 9:14 PM, alien713 said:

DLC bundle goes on sale from time to time but less frequently than Definitive Edition (game + DLC bundle).

Good point.

I was waiting for the season pass to go on sale but it didn't for several weeks so i bought the Definitive edition.

Good news is you are allowed to buy the Definitive Edition even if you have claimed the Standard Edition :)

• Like 1