Ps Plus Essentials February First Game

Sailar91

3 hours ago, JoniP said:

Because you can't. As long as only the idea is copied, no law is violated.

I mean, Nintendo sues people over everything.... fan-made sequels/remakes, emulators, and even sued over someone hosting their own smash bros tournament. I was being a tad facetious with my comment, my apologies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

What did you say about Rob from PS Access 😠?

Key Word: Somewhat

I'm no longer a fan of his (or anybody else he's with) but I don't dislike Robert "Avicarni" Pearson as much as the two users who's replies to this topic motivated me to speak my mind on PlayStation Access.

Alright. After further thought, perhaps them losing me has something to do with PS Access being first-party property of SIE over an independent group of hosts producing and distributing online content related to gaming (more specifically, PlayStation). I mean, Ryan "Mystic" Biniecki is a third-party content creator and should that no longer be true I'd question keeping my subscription to his YouTube channel too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Dry said:

As for Foamstars? No thanks. This must be Square Enix’s next live service dud following Final Fantasy XIV (vanilla), Marvel’s Avengers and Babylon’s Fall.

Let's wait and see if Foamstars: A Realm Reborn is good in 2027

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Dry said:

Key Word: Somewhat

I'm no longer a fan of his (or anybody else he's with) but I don't dislike Robert "Avicarni" Pearson as much as the two users who's replies to this topic motivated me to speak my mind on PlayStation Access.

Alright. After further thought, perhaps them losing me has something to do with PS Access being first-party property of SIE over an independent group of hosts producing and distributing online content related to gaming (more specifically, PlayStation). I mean, Ryan "Mystic" Biniecki is a third-party content creator and should that no longer be true I'd question keeping my subscription to his YouTube channel too.

They are really fun, specially Rob and Ash. I don't mind if they are paid; I thought it was fairly obvious considering the channel is called "Playstation".

I really enjoyed some of the directs they made in the past, and videos about old games, they have a good spirit.

Edited by Jeanolt

7 hours ago, Dry said:

It wasn’t until either late May or early June 2020 when the channel made a post to its community tab pandering towards the BLM movement I was convinced to end my subscription to them.

The fact that agreeing with a legitimate civil rights movement once was the straw that broke the camel's is... a choice. And certainly not one I'd have admitted to

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Breakingthegreen said:

The fact that agreeing with a legitimate civil rights movement once was the straw that broke the camel's is... a choice. And certainly not one I'd have admitted to

Although no present laws or regulations do (or frankly should) forbid those operating the YouTube channel from engagement, it is on that single occasion when PlayStation Access dared to tread beyond its purpose as strictly a PlayStation talk platform in favour of cheap virtue singnaling.

For the record, no. I would not turn a blind eye on their engagement in activism even if that happened to be Robert and/or any other crewmember wearing MAGA caps or putting up a "Let's Go Brandon!" banner for the audience to be distracted and divided by throughout one of their video podcasts (assuming they do video podcasts that is. I dunno it's been years since the last time I watched an upload by the PS Access YouTube channel, not counting the one embedded to the opening post).

No sane person desires their politics be validated by any individual, studio, publisher or any other entity from either within or closely surrounding the videogames industry.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

What did you say about Rob from PS Access 😠?

Right, as the one who started this little exchange, afew things:

a) I reject the statement about "BLM pandering". Games are media and media always have a political stance. Dry's position on this is just dumb, imho.

b) I don't know who Rob is, but in this video, he just bores me to death, a thoroughly unenthused voice rattling down a script. I don't care if he's  paid (like, of course he is  being paid by his employer, how is that a point?), or that he speaks positively about a game (he is kinda required to do so). I do care that in this video, at the very least, he phoned it in  and does not bring the emotion needed to convince me he thinks this looks fun.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1