Final Fantasy X HD

Dreakon139

• 3 months later...

I really hope it's not a single release. I hope it's like...X, X-2, XII, because I've never played any of those, and I don't think I would pay $40 just for a port (remake?) of FFX. But...it's been announced for what...almost a year? Unfortunately, I don't think they're going to bundle any other FFs with it :(

I really hope it's not a single release. I hope it's like...X, X-2, XII, because I've never played any of those, and I don't think I would pay $40 just for a port (remake?) of FFX. But...it's been announced for what...almost a year? Unfortunately, I don't think they're going to bundle any other FFs with it :(

Of course it's just a single release....FF games are really big....it's definitely just FFX and to me that's worth even $100 dollars if they asked for it....but yeah just FFX....I hope they eventually remake X-2 and XII as well....I've played them before but would love to have an excuse to play them again.....

• Like 2

I'm hoping that Square aren't that insane. Even the notoriously money-grabbing Capcom charged $16 for Resident Evil 4, so Square would be absolutely insane to charge any more than that for it. I reckon that they'll go for the standard price point of about $10-12 for it.

I doubt it will be that low, Pie. Its a full remake from the ground-up from what I read, and NOT a port.

I dont think they are re-utilizing a lot of (if any) assets from the original release. I expect a $60 game.

Nope, it's a port, according to an interview wih Shinji Hashimoto.

As such, they can't charge full price. I doubt it'll be retail, it'll be a PSN download.

I'm hoping that Square aren't that insane. Even the notoriously money-grabbing Capcom charged $16 for Resident Evil 4, so Square would be absolutely insane to charge any more than that for it. I reckon that they'll go for the standard price point of about $10-12 for it.

RE4 was $20 when it came out ($10 for Plus members such as myself though. I doubt I'd have grabbed it for $20, seeing as I have the Wii version)

• Like 1

I doubt it will be that low, Pie. Its a full remake from the ground-up from what I read, and NOT a port.

I dont think they are re-utilizing a lot of (if any) assets from the original release. I expect a $60 game.

Guess it will cost $40 like all other "Remake"

RE4 was $20 when it came out ($10 for Plus members such as myself though. I doubt I'd have grabbed it for $20, seeing as I have the Wii version)

Whoops, I got my currencies mixed up, I meant £16. I try to use Americanisms so people will understand me. xD

Damn, only $20? As a European, if I didn't already feel perpetually ripped off by the gaming industry, this would have made me angreh.

Guess it will cost $40 like all other "Remake"

There has been no HD conversion of a single game that costs that much. The single games have gone for $20 tops.

Whoops, I got my currencies mixed up, I meant £16. I try to use Americanisms so people will understand me. xD

Damn, only $20? As a European, if I didn't already feel perpetually ripped off by the gaming industry, this would have made me angreh.

There has been no HD conversion of a single game that costs that much. The single games have gone for $20 tops.

I can't see them doing FFX for just 20 bucks....it has to be at least 30 but I'm guessing it will go for around 40 dollars....I think Final Fantasy has large enough following for them to do that unlike some of the other releases where even a lot of fans would pass over if one game was that price....

I can't see them doing FFX for just 20 bucks....it has to be at least 30 but I'm guessing it will go for around 40 dollars....I think Final Fantasy has large enough following for them to do that unlike some of the other releases where even a lot of fans would pass over if one game was that price....

As much as I ardently hope you're wrong, I suppose Nintendo did the same thing with Ocarina of Time 3D and that sold well...

People's stupidity annoys me. Nobody should be willing to pay damn near full price for an 11 year old game.

As much as I ardently hope you're wrong, I suppose Nintendo did the same thing with Ocarina of Time 3D and that sold well...

People's stupidity annoys me. Nobody should be willing to pay damn near full price for an 11 year old game.

If people are willing to pay that price, then they will try to get away with it... If its only going to be a download and i can't put a hard copy on my shelf for the collector in me i would want to pay a little less i suppose...

But with the popularity of the title, i can definitely see it going for a nice chunk of change... although looking back on FF7, 8, and 9... those could have easily gone for more than $9.99 if they really wanted them to because some people just don't care how much they pay for a title that they love...

But im cheap... I don't even like paying $60 for a new title unless i know i will get 100+ hours out of it... otherwise i buy stuff used, lol

but... I hope he is wrong too Pie

but i really hope they make FF12 because that was my favorite FF game so far... i would gladly pay $40 for that game... thats why i said it all depends on the audience, lol...

I'll gladly pay $40 for a disc based FFX HD. If it's download only I will wait until it is less than $20, maybe even only $15. I have very little room on my HDD and it's annoying managing the PSN games and installs when I need to make more room. I have a 120gig.

And Square is probably testing this out. If it sells good then they'll likely proceed with X-2 and 12, then the ones that will take more work to remake (like 7). If it doesn't sell at $40 they lower the price and release X-2 and 12 at cheaper prices. I don't see why they wouldn't at least try getting more money for it. I bet other companies are watching too to see if they can cash in on some bigger PS2 titles.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

just found this...

http://www.gamesrada...otage-revealed/

Final Fantasy X HD is still happening, Square Enix reminded the world in Sony's PlayStation Vita media blowout yesterday. The publisher is kind of notorious for letting projects get away from it, but Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto quelled our fears when he revealed the first few moments of footage running on the portable system (video snippet via Polygon).

Yuna and Tidus are looking much smoother in their new upscaled incarnations--Square has made it clear this is more of a remastering than a remake, with graphical improvements as the only major alteration. Original producer Yoshinori Kitase is overseeing the transition to PS3 and PS Vita.

We might see more of the star crossed pair in the near future, as Hashimoto announced Final Fantasy X HD is coming soon.

Edited by piggie_pie