Final Fantasy X HD

Dreakon139

Anyone else interested in/planning on getting this? I'll be honest, I'm super psyched for it. It's a very close fight for favorite Final Fantasy between this, VII and VIII. Since the game is PS2 era to begin with, I think an HD remastering will look very nice... and trophies are a big selling point for me too. The hours I'll pour into this will probably be Skyrim-esque.

Anyways... are you interested? Have you ever played Final Fantasy X before? What kinds of trophies do you think it'll have? :)

I'm excited about this. I loved FFX. I wasn't a huge fan of the story but I absolutely loved the leveling, the battle system, and the sphere grid. Working my way up to and killing Nemesis was a great moment in my young life; and was the first time I ever "mastered" a game so to speak.

I actually just started playing it again a couple months ago but now I'm going to wait finishing it. Having trophies is going to make it awesome as a way to chronicle the ultimate completion. I wish they would remaster FFXII and add trophies. I would love to have something to carry around showing my victory over Yizamit.

I loved the Aeon/summon system more in this Final Fantasy then any (though I admit my Final Fantasy experience is relatively limited). Blitzball was pretty badass too.

Wonder what areas of the game will get touched up, or if it'll be a simple graphical facelift and trophies. Blitzball leaderboards might be pretty cool. :P

Mixed bag imo, loved the game but if it's anything over $10 then I'm going to pass on this until a sale.

Wakka ftw! it's a shame he's so useless in blitzball. :shakefist:

My guess is probably going to be $20, to start with. Maybe a little cheaper with PS Plus. That's where the recent Resident Evil HD remasters are.

Day 1 for sure

This is the only Final Fantasy game that i haven't played (minus 11 because it was an MMO and i wasn't in to pay-to-play games) and a few of my friends are like :o

They cant believe that i have played every FF game but this one, lol... i even played FFX-2

Omg! :o

FFX is my favorite out of all the FF's that I've played. I put way too many hours into this game when I first played it on the ps2. I'm not sure I'll buy it just to get a few trophies now. It's still a great game. I'm one of the few that liked it better than VII.

Mixed bag imo, loved the game but if it's anything over $10 then I'm going to pass on this until a sale.

Wakka ftw! it's a shame he's so useless in blitzball. :shakefist:

Again! :o

Wakka wasn't my best player, but he was far from my worst.

If you really want a kickass team......recruit Brother put him at center and feed him the ball. Once he's leveled up he can literally swim circles around the other team.

If you really want a kickass team......recruit Brother put him at center and feed him the ball. Once he's leveled up he can literally swim circles around the other team.

I don't know how I would remember this, but for some reason I remember Brother kicking ass in Blitzball. I think he was my go-to guy pretty much. It was such a long time ago...

Omg! :o

Again! :o

Wakka wasn't my best player, but he was far from my worst.

Brother was way to strong, just for laughs I had him and some new recruits play in the league, every game was about 15-1/2. He made Jecht Shot 2 look like a joke. :awesome:

For a challenge in Blitzball I say recruit the Ronso's (the race Khimari is, I think that's what they're called) it's hilarious. :lol:

I don't know how I would remember this, but for some reason I remember Brother kicking ass in Blitzball. I think he was my go-to guy pretty much. It was such a long time ago...

I used to give Brother the ball and have him draw the opposing team away from Wakka and Tidus. Then I'd have Brother pass the ball to one of the two so they could score and level up. He couldn't be stopped even if he was tripled teamed. lol

I had a lot of fun earning Wakka's ultimate weapon. :)

I doubt it's going to be a downloable game at a $10 or $20 price tag.

It'll probably be a disc game like the HD collections that have been remastered. Which is good because that means it will have a platinum trophy instead of just a few trophies, and a game this big needs that.

I can't wait for it!!

I could see it being downloaded, personally. It's a big game but most people wouldn't stand buying a PS2 game for $40 in a retail store unless it was part of a multiple-game collection... either that or they re-build the game from the ground up with multiplayer and Final Fantasy XIII graphics. :P

Then people might pay more.

I don't think most people will have an issue buying it (not enough to really affect it anyways). At least from what I've read elsewhere everyone seems to think it will be disc also. I'll be surprised if it isn't disc based at $40. They may even be doing it to "test" how well it sells to see if they can do it with other games (FF12, maybe some Kingdom Hearts, etc).

If they make it downloaded I doubt it will be $20. Most of Square's PS1 downloads are higher priced than the majority of other companies PS1 games. And the PS2 games in the store now without trophies and without updates to the game are priced at $10. They aren't going to do stuff to it, add trophies, and price it the same as direct port PS2 games.

sorry double post lol

but i just found this, looks like Final Fantasy X HD my be a little differnet

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/12/30/final-fantasy-x-hd-for-ps3-vita-still-in-early-stages-of-development/

Also, Kitase used the German term “neuauflage” to describe the game, which can be translated to mean “remake,” “new edition,” or “new issue.”

So it looks like it might not just be a HD update

So it looks like it might not just be a HD update

Interesting... I wouldn't exactly say that's a great source, but if they want to give Final Fantasy X the XIII treatment, I'm down. Would pay full retail ($60) for that if it stays in the same vein as the original.

Also means a better possibility of online Blitzball. ;)

EDIT: As people are saying on the comments in that article, I'd be a little surprised if they completely remade Final Fantasy X. Considering it was one of the few Final Fantasy's on the PS2... an HD re-release would seem easier to pull off then anything and most people might actually prefer it (less possibility of messing it up). Spend the "remake" time on other highly sought-after games... (*coughVIIcough*)

sticking to my guns... they could sell this for the price of a full priced game and i would still buy it... i really want a disk version but i don't really care at this point because i just want to play it without needing to borrow a friends PS3, lol... and im sure they will remake FFX-2 but im REALLY hoping that we get FF12 because after 120 hours of that game i would still play it again and i think i still have the old guide for it, lol...

I loved Final Fantasy X. It was probably the first game I ever put over 100 hours into. I remember even leaving it on while I was in the shower. However, I'm not going to buy an update of it. I may decide to play it someday if it has the international content, but otherwise there are plenty of brand new games I'll have to play.

• 1 month later...