WWE 2K24 News

Viper

18 of the 21 Showcase matches have been officially confirmed. Thinking the last 3 might contain Brock Lesnar and they won't promote him right now for obvious reasons. 

Edited by Viper

42 minutes ago, provoligia said:

If they add CM I will buy this game when it's on sale. They already removed him from UFC which is quite sad.

Punk is someone I can see being fast tracked to a DLC pack. His name value alone would sell that Season Pass, and I feel like 2K had a lot riding on promoting him in some way headed into Mania before his injury. 

48 minutes ago, Viper said:

Punk is someone I can see being fast tracked to a DLC pack. His name value alone would sell that Season Pass, and I feel like 2K had a lot riding on promoting him in some way headed into Mania before his injury. 

We were planning to go to Backlash Lyon hoping to see CM but luckily we didn't buy tickets, lol. That rumble was so boring and uninspired.

This has to be a free DLC pack. It would be a real slap in the face for WWE fans asking money for one of the most popular superstar and would lose them all their credibility.

If CM isn't in the game, I simply won't even buy it.

13 minutes ago, provoligia said:

We were planning to go to Backlash Lyon hoping to see CM but luckily we didn't buy tickets, lol. That rumble was so boring and uninspired.

This has to be a free DLC pack. It would be a real slap in the face for WWE fans asking money for one of the most popular superstar and would lose them all their credibility.

If CM isn't in the game, I simply won't even buy it.

Nah this is 2K, he absolutely wouldn't be free if he's DLC. They aren't going to miss an opportunity to take our money. We'll be getting 5 post launch DLC packs with new wrestlers, that are part of the Season Pass, and Punk would likely be in one of those. The thing about these games being yearly releases is that there's cut off points for roster spots, and with Punk only just returning at Survivor Series at the end of November it's unlikely he'd make it into the base game roster. 

22 minutes ago, Viper said:

Nah this is 2K, he absolutely wouldn't be free if he's DLC. They aren't going to miss an opportunity to take our money. We'll be getting 5 post launch DLC packs with new wrestlers, that are part of the Season Pass, and Punk would likely be in one of those. The thing about these games being yearly releases is that there's cut off points for roster spots, and with Punk only just returning at Survivor Series at the end of November it's unlikely he'd make it into the base game roster. 

If they make paid DLCs for characters like Jinder or any other roleplayer/legend/celebrity etc. I am absolutely fine with that since they don't have a huge impact on the current WWE story and are just fun to have. I will understand if he isn't in the main roster right now, but expecting him later on in a free DLC, since his return had so much impact and he almost became the new big superstar (was expecting him to win over Cody). Making him a paid DLC would be the same as making a paid DLC for Brady, Mbappe or Lebron. Anyways I won't be buying it if they release him as a paid DLC 🫡

1 minute ago, ZZ383 said:

was brock named in the lawsuit allegations or is 2k just trying to prevent a PR fiasco?

He was. Apparently Brock is in Showcase but was removed from the rest of the game, as was Vince. So we're going to have to rely on someone like WhatstheStatus to put him on CC. 

On 2/27/2024 at 3:53 AM, Viper said:

DLC Confirmed

3O94Xtg.jpg

nvG4LAJ.jpg

n8Ot3DP.png

@provoligia Looks like you're not buying the game lol.

LOL! What a cash grab.

Not going to get this game right now, maybe when it's on ''supersale'' for like 20 bucks and buy the DLC myself. Honestly, it's not a must have game for me, just want to play with my favorite WWE character hehe.

Was on the fence about whether or not to buy this game at some point, would have been the first wrestling game in many years for me, with this one clearly having a better reception than most of the others, but if they just make iconic characters like Brock Lesnar unplayable, then why even bother, guess wrestling games simply aren't meant for me anymore.

2 hours ago, Dauersack said:

but if they just make iconic characters like Brock Lesnar unplayable, then why even bother, guess wrestling games simply aren't meant for me anymore.

To be fair, Brock is removed for obvious reasons. I'd like to play with him as well but with the leaked information's about him being accused along with Vinnie Mac it's reasonable they removed them from the game. It's just what's best for business as of now.

6 minutes ago, Gnillisch said:

To be fair, Brock is removed for obvious reasons. I'd like to play with him as well but with the leaked information's about him being accused along with Vinnie Mac it's reasonable they removed them from the game. It's just what's best for business as of now.

I don't know...it's the whole Chris Benoit situation again. I'm not in favor of trying to erase history. But in terms of this game...I would have just left it alone but obviously not put them in 2K25. 

10 hours ago, Gnillisch said:

What he is accused of (keyword accused) is not even in the same league as what McMahon and Laurinaitis are accused of, technically it is not even a crime to ask another adult human being for weird fetish content via phone, which as of now is all that has supposedly happened with Lesnar, meanwhile McMahon and Laurinaitis are accused of things like violent rape, blackmail, kidnapping etc.

We clearly have learned nothing from this whole Johnny Depp debacle where a mans career and legacy was almost destroyed for good right out the gate before any trial was ever on the horizon, we still just try to erase legendary careers on account of mere accusations instead of waiting for things to be actually unveiled before taking any steps, even if their record is clean in these matters. Meanwhile actual killers like Scott Hall or Khali are casually kept in the game, but at least they weren't accused of asking for some pissing content I guess.

Just no, this whole mentality, anyone supporting it, and this game company can kiss me where my cheeks meet, them doing a bunch of dlc content whoring now is just the cherry on top.

Edited by Dauersack