WWE 2K24 News

Viper

13 hours ago, Viper said:

1500x500

So I know there's not a lot of wrestling game fans around here, but for those interested. This was posted today...so it looks like we're getting something on Monday, likely during RAW. There was also this tweet:

It had Steve Austin tagged in it. Obviously this might be hinting at the return of Special Guest Referee matches, which fans have been asking for, for ages now. 

But it's also apparently been reported (not by 2K but an insider, so take it with a grain of salt), that this will be a transitional game this year...there will be some minor improvements but not to expect anything substantial. So mostly a roster update. 

Release date will probably be revealed on Monday as well, but 2K22 and 23 were in March, so that's a safe bet so they can promote it during WrestleMania. 

Not a bad thing considering many people praised wwe 2k23, so in this particular case and with the past history, dont fix whats not broken

Another new cryptic tweet sent out today.

Really hope they aren't doing this making people think we're getting these new match types (in this case the return of Casket Matches or Buried Alive) and it's just something else entirely. 

Added the announcement trailer to the OP. 

Looks like it was 40 Years of WrestleMania AND new match types, they mention Special Guest Referee, Casket, Gauntlet and Ambulance matches, as well as Multiman Backstage Brawls now. Color me completely surprised. 

Edited by Viper

I truly hope there will be a mode similar to 2K14's 30 Years of WrestleMania, this time showcasing WrestleManias from XXX to 39. :)

Edit: So they are covering Manias from I to 29? Bad move imo, as they were already covered in 2K14.

Edited by KenjiCBZ

1 hour ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I truly hope there will be a mode similar to 2K14's 30 Years of WrestleMania, this time showcasing WrestleManias from XXX to 39. :)

Edit: So they are covering Manias from I to 29? Bad move imo, as they were already covered in 2K14.

FORTY years of WrestleMania. It's covering 1-39. 

5 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Yes I know, I intended also Manias from I to 29.

Still a bad move for me, it will repetitive for those who played 2K14.

I doubt they'd just repeat the same matches we played before. 

20 minutes ago, Viper said:

I doubt they'd just repeat the same matches we played before. 

Knowing 2K, they most likely will. If we’re talking 40 years of Wrestlemania, they’re gonna add the important highlighted matches in there like 2K14 did, like the undertaker’s undefeated streak.

But I have some idea of what they might add for the new entries:

WM 30 - Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker (since Daniel Bryan’s not in WWE, they won’t add that match)

WM 31 - Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar (WWE World Heavyweight Title match, with Seth Rollins Cashing in MITB)

WM 32 - Roman Reigns vs. Triple H (WWE World Heavyweight title match)

WM 33 - Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker

WM 34 - Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar (Universal Title Match, probably?)

WM 35 - Not sure on this one

WM 36 - AJ Styles vs. The Undertaker (Boneyard Match) & Drew McIntyre vs Brock Lesnar (WWE Title Match)

WM 37 - Not sure (since Edge is now in AEW, I doubt he’ll be in this game)

WM 38 - Kevin Owens vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (No Holds Barred Match) & Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns (Winner Takes All Unification Title Match)

WM 39 - Kevin Owen’s and Sami Zayn vs. The USOs (Undisputed WWE Tag Team Title Match) & Roman Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes (Undisputed WWE Universl Title Match)

Meanwhile, surprise surprise: MyFactions coming back. Let’s wait for another broken exploit to breeze through the matches and get better cards like last year 😂.

Everything else is no shocker there, but I’m excited for the new match types. The Casket Match I’m looking forward to the most.

Lastly, my main concern is that this years soundtrack is actually BETTER than last years. Whatever the hell John Cena picked, I’ve never heard of those songs, which was garbage all around. So please give us a banger soundtrack or at least some good, recognizable hits.

6 minutes ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

Knowing 2K, they most likely will. If we’re talking 40 years of Wrestlemania, they’re gonna add the important highlighted matches in there like 2K14 did, like the undertaker’s undefeated streak.

But I have some idea of what they might add for the new entries:

WM 30 - Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker (since Daniel Bryan’s not in WWE, they won’t add that match)

WM 31 - Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar (WWE World Heavyweight Title match, with Seth Rollins Cashing in MITB)

WM 32 - Roman Reigns vs. Triple H (WWE World Heavyweight title match)

WM 33 - Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker

WM 34 - Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar (Universal Title Match, probably?)

WM 35 - Not sure on this one

WM 36 - AJ Styles vs. The Undertaker (Boneyard Match) & Drew McIntyre vs Brock Lesnar (WWE Title Match)

WM 37 - Not sure (since Edge is now in AEW, I doubt he’ll be in this game)

WM 38 - Kevin Owens vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (No Holds Barred Match) & Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns (Winner Takes All Unification Title Match)

WM 39 - Kevin Owen’s and Sami Zayn vs. The USOs (Undisputed WWE Tag Team Title Match) & Roman Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes (Undisputed WWE Universl Title Match)

Meanwhile, surprise surprise: MyFactions coming back. Let’s wait for another broken exploit to breeze through the matches and get better cards like last year 😂.

Everything else is no shocker there, but I’m excited for the new match types. The Casket Match I’m looking forward to the most.

Lastly, my main concern is that this years soundtrack is actually BETTER than last years. Whatever the hell John Cena picked, I’ve never heard of those songs, which was garbage all around. So please give us a banger soundtrack or at least some good, recognizable hits.

I'm sure a couple might return, like we see Austin vs. Bret in the trailer...so there's WM13 right there. But I doubt it'd just be "Here's 30 Years of Mania but with 10 new matches tacked on". But yeah the big concern here is who's in AEW now, so some of these matches might be tough to get out to us. 

If I was the one to decide:

WrestleMania XXX:

Daniel Bryan vs Triple H

The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

Randy Orton vs Batista vs Daniel Bryan

WrestleMania 31:

Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns (vs Seth Rollins)

WrestleMania 32:

Charlotte vs Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch

Triple H vs Roman Reigns

WrestleMania 33:

Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar

Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker

WrestleMania 34:

The Miz vs Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor

Asuka vs Charlotte

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns

WrestleMania 35:

Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston

Becky Lynch vs Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair

WrestleMania 36:

Edge vs Randy Orton

AJ Styles vs The Undertaker

Brock Lesnar vs Drew McIntyre

WrestleMania 37:

Bobby Lashley vs Drew McIntyre

Sasha Banks vs Bianca Belair

Roman Reigns vs Edge vs Daniel Bryan

WrestleMania 38:

Seth Rollins vs Cody Rhodes

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar

WrestleMania 39:

Usos vs Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

Gunther vs Drew McIntyre vs Sheamus

Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

I'm sure a couple might return, like we see Austin vs. Bret in the trailer...so there's WM13 right there. But I doubt it'd just be "Here's 30 Years of Mania but with 10 new matches tacked on". But yeah the big concern here is who's in AEW now, so some of these matches might be tough to get out to us. 

For WWE stars going to AEW, here's what I remember:

Edge

Daniel Bryan

Christian

Samoa Joe

Big Show

Mark Henry

Sting

Ric Flair

Paige

Ronda Rousey (Ring of Honor)

Cesaro

Matt Hardy

Jeff Hardy

Chris Jericho

And from AEW, we got back CM Punk and Jade Cargill, but i'm not sure if and how they'll appear in the roster. Maybe as future DLC superstars if not on the main roster, but I don't know.

3 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

If I was the one to decide:

WrestleMania XXX:

Daniel Bryan vs Triple H

The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

Randy Orton vs Batista vs Daniel Bryan

WrestleMania 31:

Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns (vs Seth Rollins)

WrestleMania 32:

Charlotte vs Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch

Triple H vs Roman Reigns

WrestleMania 33:

Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar

Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker

WrestleMania 34:

The Miz vs Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor

Asuka vs Charlotte

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns

WrestleMania 35:

Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston

Becky Lynch vs Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair

WrestleMania 36:

Edge vs Randy Orton

AJ Styles vs The Undertaker

Brock Lesnar vs Drew McIntyre

WrestleMania 37:

Bobby Lashley vs Drew McIntyre

Sasha Banks vs Bianca Belair

Roman Reigns vs Edge vs Daniel Bryan

WrestleMania 38:

Seth Rollins vs Cody Rhodes

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar

WrestleMania 39:

Usos vs Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

Gunther vs Drew McIntyre vs Sheamus

Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes

Keep in mind, that some of the mentioned matches won't appear cause said superstars are in AEW now. Otherwise, they would be good picks.

• Like 1

Brock is gone from the cover of the WrestleMania edition

Hogan vs Warrior and Angle vs HBK seem to be  confirmed for showcase mode. That's along with Cody vs Roman, Rhea vs Charlotte and Rude vs Warrior being revealed by content creators last week. WrestleMania 25 arena is in. A retro HHH is in, looks to be from Mania 22 but I'm not sure

1 hour ago, Mumble_Taker said:

Brock is gone from the cover of the WrestleMania edition

Hogan vs Warrior and Angle vs HBK seem to be  confirmed for showcase mode. That's along with Cody vs Roman, Rhea vs Charlotte and Rude vs Warrior being revealed by content creators last week. WrestleMania 25 arena is in. A retro HHH is in, looks to be from Mania 22 but I'm not sure

I can't seem to find confirmation on Angle vs. HBK. But I did add the matches I could find in a spoiler in the OP, and added the Up Up Down Down Showcase Mode video.

• Like 1