Dark Yojimbo

Venocide

Me again, having trouble this time with Dark Yojimbo.

Does anyone know a good strategy for this because I know I'm not gonna be able to Zamanto my way through this since you have to beat him 5 times in a row without saving. 

Zanmato the first one because the following strategy won't work as well in that fight since he gets a pre-emptive strike.

For the next four, you'll want 3 damage dealers to be maxed out and yuna to have at least her speed filled. Start the match with your 3 damage dealers and cast aim 5 times (otherwise you won't be able to hit him as your luck is probably way too low), as well as a hastega. From this point forward you just need to keep a careful watch of the turn order. Keep attacking Yojimbo until your last turn before Yojimbo has a turn. Swap that character for Yuna and summon an Aeon. The Aeon will get 1 attack and will be instantly killed by Yojimbo's move, but your party survives. Cast hastega again so Yuna will have a chance to swap out for your third attacker. Keep attacking until the turn right before Yojimbo's attack. Swap for Yuna and summon another Aeon. Repeat this process until Yojimbo is dead, and be careful of his full overdrive (Zanmato). You handle his Zanmato the same way; summon an Aeon with Yuna.

You CAN save between battles to heal up your party, but reloading said save will result in you having to start over.

That pretty much covers it.

• Like 1

I managed to Zanmato the first two Yojimbo's. The third one was a failure and my yojimbo was killed. And because I wanted to fill my sphere grid fast I cleared all the luck nodes, leaving me with around 17-18 luck stat. So I could never land a physical attack. So I used Lulu, Rikku and Tidus with Double Cast (Ultima or Flare) and cast autolife offcourse so I didn't need to summon an Aeon. Only when Dark Yojimbo has his Overdrive gauge full, I switched to Yuna for a Aeon.  Ribbon is quite handy aswell. Lulu didn't have one so she died because of Daigoro (petrification and instant shatter). So I had to finish the last part of the fight with only two people. I was relieved when I won that battle. And well you can call me lucky but fight 4 and 5 where a zanmato for me as well :)

So in short:

- Armor with Ribbon, auto-haste and auto-protect and maybe auto-phoenix

- Fully upgraded Celestial weapons

- If low on luck, double cast Flare/Ultima. Then use Copycat to save some MP

- If luck high enough, just attack regular but use quick hit

- You can use your overdrives offcourse(Wakka and Tidus)

- Auto-Life is very important (for his Wakisashi attack) Daigoro and Kozuka are targeted at a single char.

Good Luck :)

Edited by Mr_Marty84
  • Like 1

Are you going to make a new thread for every Aeon?

Well I asked in my previous thread but nobody responded, I'm sorry if it bothers you...    <_<

Thanks to the other 2 posters I will try out those methods :D

Edited by ARKphoenix

Zanmato the first one because the following strategy won't work as well in that fight since he gets a pre-emptive strike.

For the next four, you'll want 3 damage dealers to be maxed out and yuna to have at least her speed filled. Start the match with your 3 damage dealers and cast aim 5 times (otherwise you won't be able to hit him as your luck is probably way too low), as well as a hastega. From this point forward you just need to keep a careful watch of the turn order. Keep attacking Yojimbo until your last turn before Yojimbo has a turn. Swap that character for Yuna and summon an Aeon. The Aeon will get 1 attack and will be instantly killed by Yojimbo's move, but your party survives. Cast hastega again so Yuna will have a chance to swap out for your third attacker. Keep attacking until the turn right before Yojimbo's attack. Swap for Yuna and summon another Aeon. Repeat this process until Yojimbo is dead, and be careful of his full overdrive (Zanmato). You handle his Zanmato the same way; summon an Aeon with Yuna.

You CAN save between battles to heal up your party, but reloading said save will result in you having to start over.

That pretty much covers it.

Thanks very much for this excellent tip :D I did it first time then beat penance on my 2nd attempt. Only 2 trophy's left. 

• Like 1

The best way to hit all dark aeons at least in my playthrough was quick hit with auto haste, auto protect auto phoenix in Yuna, Tidus and Rikku.

I farmed luck just for those 3 and I defeated all. I know zanmato is super but try to beat then :)

EDIT: saw you beat then, congrats

Edited by Marcelo

The best way to hit all dark aeons at least in my playthrough was quick hit with auto haste, auto protect auto phoenix in Yuna, Tidus and Rikku.

I farmed luck just for those 3 and I defeated all. I know zanmato is super but try to beat then :)

EDIT: saw you beat then, congrats

I did manage to beat Valefor, Ifrit, Ixion and Shiva without Zanmato but the rest just kicked my arse I had no choice but to use it in the end.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm.. I have managed to beat him earlier with help of hours of grinding and stuff... here's my strategy... (I know TC doesn't need this anymore but for future reference or maybe someone might need it someday :P)

My 3 characters BTW are Auron, Rikku and Yuna.... aside from they are the only 3 characters so far that I have 100 Luck.... Auron because he is the one that have the Ribbon accessory made it from getting x99 Dark Matter as reward for unlocking something in Monster Arena.... Rikku for Mix... and Yuna for C. Weapon that only use 1 MP...

Equipments:

Auron

- Fully Upgraded C. Weapon

- Accessory/Armor with Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Deathproof, Ribbon (yeah... he's almost invincible)

Rikku

- Accessory/Armor with Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Stoneproof

Yuna

- Acc/Armor with Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Stoneproof, Slowproof ( :P This same armor is the same one I used with D. Bahamut less the Auto-Haste... too broke to Bribe Machea before :P)

Abilities/Stats:

-3 of them learned all Abilities SG has to offer and activated all nodes ESG has to offer... 255 stats for all except Magic(not going to use a single Magic Sphere) and 100 Luck (ATM I still have 60+ empty nodes...)

Others(really needed)

-2 decoy members with First Strike Ability (In my case Kimhari and Lulu)

-Rikku with Max Overdrive and set to Comrade...

-optional: Yuna and Auron with full Max Overdrive just in case needed to Entrust to Rikku... 

My strategy:

For First Round

-since the first battle is 100% Ambush... put the 2 decoy members with First Strike Weapon plus Auron, so that the 3 characters will still have a turn before Yojimbo... In first turn, Quick Hit using Auron, the next one switch with Yuna and do Quick Hit/Copycat, last character switch with Rikku and Mix Ultra NullAll... why UltraNullAll? I've read somewhere that there is a 33% Chance that DY will use Wakizashi which deal 12k damage even with 255 stats and Auto-Protect... I just need UltraNullAll's x5 cheer... with x5 cheer, damage is reduced to 7k...

-for next succeeding turns...

-----> if Dark Yojimbo (DY) use Daigoro, have someone's next 2 turns(I recommend the first one to move after DY turn) to use Esuna to the one that is hit by Daigoro then use Curaga to return Ally's health to 9999... others still continue to hit DY with Quick Hits...

-----> if DY use Kozuka, have someone's next 2 turns to use Dispel then Curaga to ally that is hit.... Dispel removes the Breaks made by Kozuka, It also dispelled the Nul Elements but not the effect of Cheers ;)...others still continue to hit DY with Quick Hits...

-----> If DY use Wakizashi, have all characters first turns to heal with Curaga... then next turn, have all 3 characters hit DY with Quick Hits

-----> If DY's Overdrive Gauge is full, make sure to have Yuna's last turn to Summon (Grand Summon if you want) any Aeon to be Zanmato'ed... then just spam Quick HIts(QH)...

in my experience, even with 100 Luck, my characters still misses 1-4 times but with spamming QH, DY is defeated before it's Overdrive Gauge is full... 

If you are still having difficulty hitting DY, you may resort to have Yuna DualCast Flare/Ultima then the 2 members use CopyCat...

For Second to Fifth Round...

whew... no more Ambush... you don't need Kimhari and Lulu in the active party before fighting him, just put Yunie, Rikkie and Aurie in front line... also instead of Rikku using OD to Mix UltraNullAll.. use the first 5 turns to cast Cheer.... this is sufficient to survive DY's Wakizashi... then for extra turns before DY turn, spam QH...

for next turn(s), same as above strategy...

notes:

-Do not bother casting Auto-Life at all, it is somehow useless since you'll still see Game Over when he use Zanmato in your party...

-In relation to above, don't be hard headed and take Zanmato with your party, sacrifice one of Yunie's Aeon to take hit from Zanmato...

-You can also use some other party member, e.g. Tidus and/or Wakka then use their OD (Blitz Ace/Attack Reels), other party member(s) use Entrust, repeat the process, this is a good strategy too since OD don't miss and with C. Weapon fully upgraded with OD set to Comrade - you can spam Tidus and/or Wakka's OD... I stopped using Wakka when his Attack Reels stopped reaching 99999 damage to Nemesis and Dark Bahamut T_T... still use him though in Monster Arena...

Edited by jeieem

• 4 weeks later...

I just ended up King Tonberry 'training' then getting my luck to over 100 with Auron, Wakka and Yuna, and equipped them all with Ribbon, Auto Haste, Auto Phoenix and Break HP Limit (Only had two with Break HP Limit as I needed to farm Dark Matters from Dark Yojimbo to get Auron his Ribbon ability - I was making his armour from sratch, no one would drop his armour with Ribbon and Break HP Limit, except i got it for those i didn't need it for...) and each had their Celestial Weapons, and then all i had to do was Quick Hit him to death. Dark Yojimbo never once got his Overdrive bar filled, 17 hits later, 2 more Dark Matters :) All that with only two characters at approx 23000 HP, and the other at 9999. Auto Phoenix always keeps you going, and as I was nearly maxed on stats, Wakizashi only does about 21000 to 22000, with Daigoro being purely nothing to someone with Ribbon and Kozuka only hitting someone for about 11000, it ends up being child's play. Just put in the hours in building up your main team only, and grinding items and spheres from the Monster Arena and any fight ends up being easy (Especially when you chuck 4 mil at Yojimbo to Zanmato Penance :P )

Edited by Cappy4000