Try to make 'This is Dark Souls' My last trophy

danielc655

It IS possible. 

If we ignore the reward for a "no death" run, just having the "This is Dark Souls" trophy as the final trophy, totally takes 1st place on the most rewarding trophy ever (also, it ends up being a troll trophy, since you'll just suicide to get the trophy).

Similar to Demon's Souls, offline mode is a must, and similar to DS1, covenant items can be farmed, so there's no problem there. Game sessions will be shorter, compared to a casual play just to keep your reflexes and brain in the zone. The moment you say: "this dude is going to kill me for sure...", it means it's time to take a break for a while, but it'll probably be best to take a break for the day. It's not going to be a speedrun, so take all the time you need. The clock is your friend, not your enemy.

Play the game on a secondary account, and remember everything (and by everything I mean EVERYTHING): attack patterns, best routes, item locations, viable farming areas, etc. The idea would be to create a "nearly perfect route", along with a "nearly perfect build". The moment you get to complete a no-death run (and first + cycle) on your secondary account, means that you're more than ready for the big showdown (NG++ shouldn't pose much of a challenge after getting enough levels and stats during NG+).

Other than that, you have my full support. Good luck and remember:

"NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WHEN YOU PRAISE THE SUN!"

Would it work to just dashboard out?  or does the game keep running with the xmb dashboard up?

It doesn't matter if you're online or offline, the game will run in the background. There's no freeze on any Souls game while you're checking the dashboard. Also, trophies can pop while you're in the dashboard (for example, doing LBPK's cumulative 24 hours in create mode, using the "coss the sticks and press the PS button" trick). 

Edited by djGLCKR

I think it's possible and pretty easy if you copy your savegame or backup your savegame to the Cloud (you need to have PSN Plus subcription membership). If you die, just delete the savegame from your PS3 and restore it from the Cloud.

that's useless since the trophy pops as soon as you die and you can't delete it by changing savefile

Edit: Sorry didn't see the second page LOL

Edited by Elbender93

Ok, new plan and I think this will work:

1. Backup your savegame to the cloud (using PSN Plus as I previously mentioned).

2. The trophy will pop immediately when you die; however, it won't immediately sync up with your PSN account. Therefore, you would have eternity to reset your PS3 machine.

3. The quickest and easiest way to reset your PS3 machine is to turn off your internet connection (probably don't need to do this, but play it safe, just in case), then delete your PS3 user account (all the savegames and local trophies for that local PS3 account will be gone too). Then create a new local PS3 user account (take a few seconds), turn your internet connection back on and sign back in your PSN account. Because game is already installed in your PS3 machine, it takes only a few seconds to delete and create user.

4. Restore your savegame from the cloud to your new local PS3 account.

Good luck!

PS: There are two different type of accounts. One, on your local PS3 machine...think of these as the machine user account. And the other is your PSN account. Make sure you delete only the "local" PS3 user account and not your PSN account. After you earn a trophy that you wish to keep, sync up your local user account with your PSN account and backup your game to the PSN Plus's cloud.

Edited by Sara-Rosecult

Can I just say that I really don't see the point in doing all of this just to make that trophy your last trophy you earn for the game.  I mean sure it would be impressive if you actually managed to make it through multiple playthroughs on just one life.  But when you start doing things like quickly turning off your ps3 when die or whatever else the whole thing you're trying to do losses any sense of value since you couldn't actually make it through Dark Souls 2 on one life.  But whatever if you actually want to do all that work for something like that then more power to you.

• Like 1

If you're going to attempt this, then do it legit if you want the kudos.  

Messing around with back-ups, wiping your account, disconnecting from the internet, reconnecting, re-syncing blah blah blah are all ways of creating the illusion of having achieved your goal...

You might be on username danielc999999 by the time you manage to do it, but I think you'd find it a lot more satisfying if you got it legit.

I agree with the last two posts its pretty pointless making it the last trophy unless you actually do it without dying and not resetting it etc plus its probs not good for your ps3 to be constantly turning it off and its way too much hassle reformating it all the time.

Good luck however you try to do this however :)

If you're going to attempt this, then do it legit if you want the kudos.  

Messing around with back-ups, wiping your account, disconnecting from the internet, reconnecting, re-syncing blah blah blah are all ways of creating the illusion of having achieved your goal...

You might be on username danielc999999 by the time you manage to do it, but I think you'd find it a lot more satisfying if you got it legit.

I'm absolutely agreeing with you. I would never do it myself. However, I can't help myself in attempting to solve the problem asked in this thread. It doesn't really matter if the problem is hypothetical or real, I just like solving problem. Anyway, you can just re-use the same local username on on your ps3, and don't have to count up to danielc999999.

Maybe I'm missing something, but this should be IMPOSSIBLE.

The last trophy you get would be the platinum, so you would HAVE to get the "This is Dark Souls" trophy first before the platinum would pop.

EDIT - or maybe I misread your question and you want this to be your last non-plat trophy in the game.

If so, GOOD LUCK!   Great game, I finally started playing it 3 weeks ago even though I got it on release day.  On the final level now, should beat the final boss tonight :)

Edited by chadley721

Also, as previously mentioned, if somehow you managed it it's like this:

'I got "This is Dark Souls" as my last trophy!'

'omg u must be a pro, you are so amazing'

'No when I was about to die, every 346 times, I turned off my system and reattempted!'

If you managed that though, you have a lot of patience to do all of that and risk your system. 

There's the option to quickly move through the menu go to options and then quit game. I used to do that on Dark Souls when I was about to die with a cubic ton of soft humanities (and before I learned the great soul/firekeeper soul glitch). Although I've heard that the menu has a bit of delay, just like Demon's (it was trickier to do the quit game thing on Demon's, nearly impossible).

In fact, I'll try to beat cycle 1 and 2 on DS1 without dying (srs bsns, no fake stuff) and update with progress (right now I'm trying to figure a way to beat the dynamic duo without losing too much health, and how to beat Bed of Chaos without being killed... Which is possible). If I die, well that's GG WP, delete the character and start all over again.

EDIT: ... I totes forgot about Seath's first encounter. I'll have to practice Duke's Library skip if I'm really planning to do a no-death run.

Edited by djGLCKR

There's the option to quickly move through the menu go to options and then quit game. I used to do that on Dark Souls when I was about to die with a cubic ton of soft humanities (and before I learned the great soul/firekeeper soul glitch). Although I've heard that the menu has a bit of delay, just like Demon's (it was trickier to do the quit game thing on Demon's, nearly impossible).

In fact, I'll try to beat cycle 1 and 2 on DS1 without dying (srs bsns, no fake stuff) and update with progress (right now I'm trying to figure a way to beat the dynamic duo without losing too much health, and how to beat Bed of Chaos without being killed... Which is possible). If I die, well that's GG WP, delete the character and start all over again.

EDIT: ... I totes forgot about Seath's first encounter. I'll have to practice Duke's Library skip if I'm really planning to do a no-death run.

If you quit out, it saves, therefore when you reload you're going to die.