Physical Copies are getting more expensive

i would hope that it's all just FOMO from collectors and not an actual indication that this game will be the next rarest thing on the planet. give it a couple of months, it might be outrageous now but it will come back down and stabilize. maybe it will be slightly expensive from the price it normally was (10 to 15 bucks) but there will be plenty of supply once the demand dramatically slows down

Just another case of foolish human behavior.

I have it digitally but I might check out a local game store during the next week out of curiosity. I'm trying to replace most of my PS3/Vita digital games with discs/carts anyway.

Best case scenario--the "value" returns to something reasonable later in the year when people have largely forgotten about Spec Ops: The Line.

24 minutes ago, Kisame_007 said:

Its ridiculous. Hell, who even decides the prices for situations like this? Its just super greedy

A lot of sellers seem to have a scalper's mentality, so they clear out marketplaces and/or re-list their items when something like this happens, then try to scam panic-buyers and attract game collectors. 

Back in 2021 when Sony made their infamous announcement about the old PS store, games that were never even on PSN skyrocketed in price. Sellers knew most people wouldn't make that distinction.

What drives people to panic-buy is the fear that the prices will get even steeper, even though the initial surge is probably the worst time to invest. I, regrettably, fell into that trap back then. I learned my lesson, though.

• Like 1