Game and trophy thoughts

GravityQueeen

F2P Metaball was already available but it finally got trophy support.

Official trailer:

By the trailer it looks like a joint of basketball, Rocket League and hoverboards. For me it looks generic and not charming, but what breaks the deal is the 10 consecutive wins trophy, what a nightmare... The rest of the list is pretty cool actually, complete challenges, get MVPs, perform passes, 3 pointers, etc., stuff you would do normally. 

Has anyone played this and would like to share more about it? 

Edit: I guess ps5 list should be on soon. Both versions can be picked through PlayStation app even though ps4 ver. isn't showing on ps5 store.

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 3

Yeah, I was like "Okay, okay, yeah, pretty straightforward, seems fun, aaaand how many consecutive wins? And in quick match, no less, so no boosting.

So, an easy list with one trophy gunning for being an 11/10 (well two, also counting 5 consecutive wins). What Fall Guys did, but somehow even more evil.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2024 at 4:05 PM, Don_Chipotle said:

Maybe there is a way to upload the info at the cloud like MK X?

That's an interesting point. But I think that this was only possible with MK X due to the game having a console save file separate from the game server. If Metaball has only a save stored in their servers it won't work, otherwise it's worth a try. But I believe this trophy should be better boosted with enough people, considering the game won't be popular it might be easier to match up against your partners. It also depends if there's any region lock and option to switch server, nonetheless it is possibly boostable.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GravityQueeen said:

That's an interesting point. But I think that this was only possible with MK X due to the game having a console save file separate from the game server. If Metaball has only a save stored in their servers it won't work, otherwise it's worth a try. But I believe this trophy should be better boosted with enough people, considering the game won't be popular it might be easier to match up against your partners. It also depends if there's any region lock and option to switch server, nonetheless it is possibly boostable.

A huge factor may also be bots at empty servers, but we´ll see, the game is different in terms of what you need to do, and if you totally ignore the comments that it looks like fortnite, it looks like a franchise that you can have a good time, maybe i will jump in when i finish capcom arcade 2nd stadium

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The trophy lists for the two versions (PS4 / PS5) of the game differ in some ways. I also earned a few trophies with the PS4 version, but I can't get some of the same trophies with the PS5 version.

• Like 2

Not sure if mentioned but currently the layup training trophy as well as the shield training trophy aren’t popping. 

PS is showing people have achieved it but I’ve done the layup training multiple times and it hasn’t popped.

• Like 2

I can't even get into the game anymore,  when it was in beta form, I could play it. But now both versions say I need a update. Yet there isn't a update to be found. I've tried deleting the game's,  thinking maybe I still have the Beta versions, my ps5 version says beta, but the ps4 doesnt.

Going to give my somewhat information that I’ve gathered that can help players in some way with how to achieve certain trophies.

Layup training trophy that is somewhat bugged, popped randomly before the start of a game, not entirely sure if it’s random but it’s best to just keep playing. As for the shield trophy, it hasn’t popped but another player who achieved it said he spent most of the games defending, whether it’s luck based remains to be seen. Hopefully this get patched.

Golden Ball trophies. So Golden Ball is the round played after a draw has happened. Essentially the player to score in the 60 second overtime period after a draw is awarded a Golden Ball trophy. You need to achieve this ten times for the Gold. It’s incredibly difficult playing for a draw though so this may be one you want to boost with other players and hope matchmaking sets you up.

Power swings seem to be the hardest thing to do, no matter how much personal practise I’ve tried, you really have to nail when to let go and even then hope the opposition doesn’t block/save the shot. 100 of these is essentially the longest grind of the whole game whereas two points (dunks/layups) or three points come a lot more naturally and for those trophies you should just be playing to enjoy.

Layup challenge took a lot of practise but everything is rather easy until you reach level 10. You’ll want to jump backwards once and then jump again once not under the hoop and throw a lay up shot then. Practise makes perfect with this challenge though.

If there’s any other questions on it, more than happy to help

Edited by mcpaddolive
Edited dunks
  • Like 2

Are there clear instructions for the power shot? On YouTube or in-game? If not, it is not possible to tackle the platinum. Until then the game will be deactivated again. They didn't do themselves any favors with the gameplay.

Edited by DoomOfNightmare

The 10 winstreak held me back for a while before I gave this game a shot after some good opinions and feedback of @mcpaddolive and @Ylung123

Got to say most of the stuff is easily manageable to get with a little practice. The bots make it even easier so everything can be achieved there aswell. A random player might pop in but nothing too bad..

Edited by VLAAMINGK_N1

2 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Does this have any kind of autopop?

Ill test it after i get the platinum. I started it today but should be able to plat it tomorrow. Add me if you want help

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Does this have any kind of autopop?

I tested the autopop and made a thread about it. Yes there is autopop, you just need to complete one more of each action again. Can be done in 1-2 hours

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...