Banishers All Trophies in One Playthrough (Spoilers)

12 hours ago, Snorof88 said:

I can't seem to get the Ascent ending. I did what you wrote but didn't get the Trophy. I think I did one side quest before. Does a side quest lock you out? What am I doing wrong?

No idea why the Ascend ending didn't trigger for you. Try to do 2-3 more haunting cases and choose to banish. Completing a side quest will definitely not lock you out from getting the Ascend ending.

On 2/28/2024 at 10:29 PM, Snorof88 said:

Managed to get the Ascend Ending and Platinum now. I did 8 more Cases and Ascend the Ghosts.

So that is, to get Ascend trophy? you just need to do more case and Ascend the ghost? I was very worry to be short in that. Thanks!!

11 minutes ago, sven100 said:

Hey, i did the first ending (ascend) but i didn't get the teophy for defeating the Endboss. Do i get it only in Ressurection Ending?

you should have gotten the trophy for killing final boss

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 8:58 PM, KAdamsy1 said:

you should have gotten the trophy for killing final boss

Damned, ok then this trophy get bugged for me. :( Hope that i get it, when i do the Ressurcetion ending.

Edit: i reload my save and killed the Boss again, but the trophy didn't pop. :(

2. Edit: Killed the Boss now four times, without trophy pop. All other Boss trophies popped without a Problem, strange...

3. Edit. Killed the Boss 8-9 Times, until i gave up. Then i continued with Step 8 and cleared the whole Game. Now i got the Trophy and the ressurected Antea/ Platinium Trophy. :)

Strange, it seems like, that iḿ the onliest Person in the World, who had this Trophy Bug. 

Edited by sven100

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 3:09 PM, sven100 said:

Damned, ok then this trophy get bugged for me. :( Hope that i get it, when i do the Ressurcetion ending.

Edit: i reload my save and killed the Boss again, but the trophy didn't pop. :(

2. Edit: Killed the Boss now four times, without trophy pop. All other Boss trophies popped without a Problem, strange...

3. Edit. Killed the Boss 8-9 Times, until i gave up. Then i continued with Step 8 and cleared the whole Game. Now i got the Trophy and the ressurected Antea/ Platinium Trophy. :)

Strange, it seems like, that iḿ the onliest Person in the World, who had this Trophy Bug. 

Im having same issue. the ascend (Farewell my love) trophy didnt pop. Did you load the final autosave which is the boss fight? 

ill try to load and do resurect first. then ascend second

Edited by patsurikuko

19 hours ago, patsurikuko said:

Im having same issue. the ascend (Farewell my love) trophy didnt pop. Did you load the final autosave which is the boss fight? 

ill try to load and do resurect first. then ascend second

Yeah, i tried every autosave in this last quest, nothing helped. Maybe restart from an autosave before the start of this last Quest? I think there is something buggy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/22/2024 at 10:50 PM, wolker4 said:

Choose to resurrect Antea as your final promise and choose to blame at least 13 settlers. The number will change depending on how many settlers you have already ascended or banished before. There are a total of 23 haunting cases in the game, and you must blame a specific number of settlers. I've read somewhere that it's 80%. So, if you do all 23 haunting cases, then you must have chosen to blame 19 settlers.

Are you sure about the number changing depending on how many ghosts you have ascended/banished? I didn't use a guide until very late game/near PONR in order to enjoy the journey and avoid spoilers. I ended up ascending/banishing every ghost, some of which weren't story related. Got the ascend ending.

I'm now going for the resurrect ending and have reloaded a save before confronting Pennington. Looking at my cases from this save point, I have spared any living settler from available haunting cases, including Thickskin, bringing he total spared to 7 (out of 8 cases thus far but Charles probably doesn't count).  Proceeded to sacrifice Pennington, changed my oath to resurrect at the rest site and have been blaming/sacrificing everyone from this point on.  When all is said and done I will have blamed 15 and spared 7 (not including the Charles case) after vowing to resurrect Antea.

I know your guide advises not to do non story related haunting cases until the end, but I will be very surprised if I don't get the 'resurrect' ending after blaming 15 people, especially as the entire point of taking that final oath, in gameplay terms, is to give the player a second chance to try for a different ending... I figured that the reason why so many of the side haunting cases are withheld until after that final promise is to not accidentally lock the player out of their desired ending should they change their mind. 

If I don't get it, it's not a problem; I'll just start from scratch as I knew the risks of not following a guide. Still, that would be a pretty dumb trophy requirement on DONTNOD's part. 

Will let you know.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 2:46 AM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Are you sure about the number changing depending on how many ghosts you have ascended/banished? I didn't use a guide until very late game/near PONR in order to enjoy the journey and avoid spoilers. I ended up ascending/banishing every ghost, some of which weren't story related. Got the ascend ending.

I'm now going for the resurrect ending and have reloaded a save before confronting Pennington. Looking at my cases from this save point, I have spared any living settler from available haunting cases, including Thickskin, bringing he total spared to 7 (out of 8 cases thus far but Charles probably doesn't count).  Proceeded to sacrifice Pennington, changed my oath to resurrect at the rest site and have been blaming/sacrificing everyone from this point on.  When all is said and done I will have blamed 15 and spared 7 (not including the Charles case) after vowing to resurrect Antea.

I know your guide advises not to do non story related haunting cases until the end, but I will be very surprised if I don't get the 'resurrect' ending after blaming 15 people, especially as the entire point of taking that final oath, in gameplay terms, is to give the player a second chance to try for a different ending... I figured that the reason why so many of the side haunting cases are withheld until after that final promise is to not accidentally lock the player out of their desired ending should they change their mind. 

If I don't get it, it's not a problem; I'll just start from scratch as I knew the risks of not following a guide. Still, that would be a pretty dumb trophy requirement on DONTNOD's part. 

Will let you know.

Yep, as expected, the resurrection trophy popped and I got the platinum.

So I can confirm - at least when going for the resurrect ending - that the "80%" theory is a myth.  As previously mentioned, I reloaded my save before confronting Captain Pennington, sacrificed him and the proceeded to blame the remaining settlers after taking the second oath. Again, the entire point of the second oath is to give the player a fair chance to go for a different ending - this is why the remaining side hauntings do not become available until then. 

For 'Death is the Journey'  the game even tells you that you need to sacrifice the largest number of settlers to successfully resurrect Antea, which in this case, would logically be 12 (people are saying 13 so I would do at least 13 minimum to be on the safe side). It doesn't matter how many ascend/banish outcomes you have, as long as you blame a minimum of 13 and are consistent with your choices after the final oath you're good. From what I've gathered across various forums, I think this is where some are going wrong - either not doing enough haunting cases or too much back and forth in choices. And yes, sticking to your final oath is important because Seeker/ Grace keeps telling both Red and Antea that when the time comes they both have to be in agreement. This is what she means.

In short, if you're someone who wants to make choices that come naturally to you without a spoiler guide, while still being able to clean up trophies in 1.5 playthroughs then:

1. Make a save before sparing/sacrificing the second community pillar as insurance seeing as it's right before the second oath. 

2. Reload that save once you've finished your playthrough and start roleplaying your desired ending from then onwards.

3. Do as many haunting cases as you can to achieve your ending.

That's it. It's that simple.  Obviously, if you want to just get trophies as quickly as possible and don't mind spoilers then follow the trophy guides out there. I should also note that in my partial resurrect playthrough I didn't do any of the post-haunting missions (the ones that get you the 'solved' tick) for the settlers I had spared after taking the second oath. Not sure if that had an affect or not but I wouldn't bother with those since they're not necessary for the resurrect ending anyway.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom

On 4/11/2024 at 1:07 AM, Rach-GentleBlade said:

Hey, how did you get all the equipment in one run? I have done two play throughs but couldn’t get the equipment from Nellie in the side quest “iron shortage” because I had blamed her, so had to get it on my ascend run. How does this work?

Just had the same thing myself. I found a dude on YT mentioning in one of the videos collecting all of the weapons. If Nellie died go to arther after finishing his nails side quest you can buy the weapon for a 1000 pieces of eight. I hope its not too late for you. 

• 1 month later...