Platinum Trophy obtained already?

5 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

While it is nice that they got a guide out quickly, it has a ton of missing information from my perusal of the guide. I'm not complaining or anything, but a lot of the trophies don't contain the information you'd want to unlock them (ie for the piano one, it doesn't say where to find all 6 piano sheets. It just says "you'll find them as you explore")

Completely understand your point. As mentioned before, everyone is free to message us or ask in the comments if they have any specific questions/issues with the game, and we can update the information accordingly. There are very few guide writers and countless different people playing the game, so we did the best we could to focus on information that the reader is likely to struggle with.

As for those details, the decision was deliberate, as we wanted to be careful when it comes to spoilers and find a balance to ensure the guide loads quickly while providing enough relevant information. The piano pieces, in particular, are quite obviously located in each main location when you progress through the game. They are almost impossible to miss, so we did not want to add any screenshots that could potentially be considered spoilers. However, we did add specific information (such as certain intel locations) if we felt that the reader would struggle to find them.

Edited by Tentativeuser
  • Like 3

On 3/1/2024 at 12:49 AM, SoraxTidus said:

Hi, I have a question about Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. How did they managed to get the Platinum trophy despite the Hardest Difficulty of getting all trophies of the game? I'm both surprised and curious about these two players (Archavia and zekunlu) that I noticed managed to get the Platinum trophy despite the Hardest FF Game to get all trophies. Can someone tell me how did they managed to get the Platinum trophy despite the Hardest Difficulty FF Game to get all trophies? I haven't started the game yet and I'm really nervous about the Difficulty (8/10) of the Trophy guide that I recently discovered. Please Reply Me Soon. See You Later.

@Archavia fell into the Lifestream a couple of years ago and entered a parallel universe where he got the game on February 1st instead.

He also stumbled upon a wise old wizard one day named PowerPyx who cast a Haste spell on him, and here we are. This guy are sick...at games!

Hats off to the early game testers, guide writers, and reviewers to hold their tongue and their thoughts during the embargo. 

I can't imagine their pain and insanity wanting to click that "Publish" button prior to the global release.

Cheers mates!

On 2/29/2024 at 4:20 PM, NewVegasNick said:

#samereleasedayforeveryone

For the record, that is never gonna happen. Square-Enix and similar companies know that early release games are good publicity if they fall into the hands of Youtube and Twitch content creators that play their games, like The Completionist(Jirard Dragonrider, whose channel is a games review channel where he rates how bad a completion of a game is, which is a good boon to me as it helps me pick out what AAA games I'm gonna pick up for my platinum cabinet ;)). If they forced everyone to buy their games at the retail stores, then issues are not addressed, people get mad, and the company loses them as customers. It's common business practice to give journalists a freebie a month in advance. And before you say it, no, the early release doesn't mean the game will suck and is unfinished - ever heard of "going gold?" That means that the game is finished, but it will not be released for a while because they want to pump up hype for the title. This is why early releases exist.

12 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

For the record, that is never gonna happen. Square-Enix and similar companies know that early release games are good publicity if they fall into the hands of Youtube and Twitch content creators that play their games, like The Completionist(Jirard Dragonrider, whose channel is a games review channel where he rates how bad a completion of a game is, which is a good boon to me as it helps me pick out what AAA games I'm gonna pick up for my platinum cabinet ;)). If they forced everyone to buy their games at the retail stores, then issues are not addressed, people get mad, and the company loses them as customers. It's common business practice to give journalists a freebie a month in advance. And before you say it, no, the early release doesn't mean the game will suck and is unfinished - ever heard of "going gold?" That means that the game is finished, but it will not be released for a while because they want to pump up hype for the title. This is why early releases exist.

My post was meant to be sarcastic lol 😭

2 hours ago, NewVegasNick said:

My post was meant to be sarcastic lol 😭

Oh really? [/sarcasm]

That's what I'd do, put a [/sarcasm] or :lol: emoji to warn people that you weren't serious. I apologize for attacking you. :(

1 hour ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Oh really? [/sarcasm]

That's what I'd do, put a [/sarcasm] or :lol: emoji to warn people that you weren't serious. I apologize for attacking you. :(

No worries. In hindsight, it's not clear that I'm making fun of people who don't understand that some people have access to games earlier.

All good :)

On 3/5/2024 at 6:06 PM, CosmoWolf_ said:

also apparently none of their team has actually gotten the platinum (at least when they published it) so at least the authors on PSNP did. should mean this guide is much more accurate and useful

honestly, i use both, as long as it help me to get to platinum, i usually turn to powerpyx when i play game day 1, his guide can help to quickly pin point missable or heavy grind trophy so i can take note in my game (doesn't really mind about spoiler tho), but PSNP guide is convenience to use since it link direct to my PSN account, so i can track whatever trophy i am still missing at the moment, rather than go to trophy list and ctr+F myself

• 1 month later...
On 2/29/2024 at 5:55 PM, CoregBlue said:

Many games have review copies and/or copies for members of official/well known sites to create guides beforehand and I think its great. Dont forget its not the same as enjoying the game with an already finished guide to the side, its a lot of effort.

Sadly there are always some people that are mad about not being able to be the first platinum achiever, not realising thats no achievement at all.

Correct. It’s not an achievement because the only way to be the first Platinum achiever (on any game for that matter) is to either A. Have no life or job and be able to play 12 hours a day or B. Do this for a living and therefore have access to a review copy. Those are the only two ways, and odds are you’ll never get the chance as the average person even if you wanted to because of the select few content creators in Category B.