Can the co-op be accessed straight away?

willmill97

10 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Simple question, I know nothing about the game, but can the Legends of Wasteland missions be done from first booting up the game, or do you need to make SP progress first?

I know the MP is available from the get-go but I think you have to finish the main storyline, because all the co-op missions open up 🤔.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

It's been a while, so I can't remember exactly, but I did all the MP and co-op trophies before any of the story ones, so that indicates to me that you can access the Legends of Wasteland missions right away.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had the first mission unlocked, but the second one didn't unlock upon finishing it. I'm curious if the other people here that finished it before starting the SP played it with another player that had them all unlocked already. I was using a second controller in split screen.  

On a side note, my progress also didn't save. After having finished the first wasteland mission, I turned off the PS3 because I couldn't unlock the second one. Upon booting up the next day, my progress for the first mission was gone. The only conclusion I came to is that your progress towards them is tied to your single player save file, and seeing as I didn't have one yet because I hadn't started the single player, my progress for the first mission didn't save. Might be worth starting the SP first (even if it's just the first mission) to avoid potentially having to replay these wasteland missions if you aren't able to do them all in one go. 

Edited by z99f

16 hours ago, z99f said:

I had the first mission unlocked, but the second one didn't unlock upon finishing it. I'm curious if the other people here that finished it before starting the SP played it with another player that had them all unlocked already. I was using a second controller in split screen.  

On a side note, my progress also didn't save. After having finished the first wasteland mission, I turned off the PS3 because I couldn't unlock the second one. Upon booting up the next day, my progress for the first mission was gone. The only conclusion I came to is that your progress towards them is tied to your single player save file, and seeing as I didn't have one yet because I hadn't started the single player, my progress for the first mission didn't save. Might be worth starting the SP first (even if it's just the first mission) to avoid potentially having to replay these wasteland missions if you aren't able to do them all in one go. 

I don't know what went wrong in your case but it has nothing to do with not starting single player first. I've just completed every coop or online trophy before even loading up the campaign. I've done every mission with another player who also needed the trophies.

• Like 1