Season 1 Trophies?

What are the chances that Rocksteady are going to add more trophies when season 1 launches? Has this happened with any other live service game that gets free updates?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was having fun doing the campaign, but the end-game trophies are a grind and tedious. I'm so bored of the incursions and doing the same thing over and over to rank up to get the tier 3 weapons. So I really hope we don't get more trophies!

• Like 2

As of now after the update, it looks like there aren't any trophies being released with the Joker stuff. Which is a shame as it would have been the only thing to get me back in the game as I can't stand Joker he's over done and boring and Rocksteady just wont leave him alone after 4 games devoted to him. And now we have a worse version that's "finding himself" and uses an umbrella?

Wake me up when the Riddler and Scarecrow stuff releases but without trophies there's no reason to jump back in instead of watching the story on YouTube. 

Killing Braniac 12 more times was a horrrrrible idea. Should have been corrupted multiverse other JL members like Shazam, Booster Gold, Constantine, Swamp Thing, etc. Instead we'll get another red planet and Braniac. Which is very sad. I enjoyed this game, it's got a great story and fun characters, and the game play was fun at times, but the "everyone gets guns instead of their powers" aspect is bad and reusing the same villain 12 times instead of a multiversal group of villains working together (get variety like Lex, Sinestro, the Rogues, Mr. Mind, Owlman, Grodd, etc.) who would bring in variety and at the least reskinned mobs of enemies so they're not all purple guys. The game just feels rushed out when it was "good enough."

It feels like all the common sense questions/issues DC fans and gamers have said were ignored for budget/time during development, or whoever was in charge didn't care and said it's my way or the highway.

• Like 4

On 3/27/2024 at 7:06 PM, MrPhrips said:

As of now after the update, it looks like there aren't any trophies being released with the Joker stuff. Which is a shame as it would have been the only thing to get me back in the game as I can't stand Joker he's over done and boring and Rocksteady just wont leave him alone after 4 games devoted to him. And now we have a worse version that's "finding himself" and uses an umbrella?

Wake me up when the Riddler and Scarecrow stuff releases but without trophies there's no reason to jump back in instead of watching the story on YouTube. 

Killing Braniac 12 more times was a horrrrrible idea. Should have been corrupted multiverse other JL members like Shazam, Booster Gold, Constantine, Swamp Thing, etc. Instead we'll get another red planet and Braniac. Which is very sad. I enjoyed this game, it's got a great story and fun characters, and the game play was fun at times, but the "everyone gets guns instead of their powers" aspect is bad and reusing the same villain 12 times instead of a multiversal group of villains working together (get variety like Lex, Sinestro, the Rogues, Mr. Mind, Owlman, Grodd, etc.) who would bring in variety and at the least reskinned mobs of enemies so they're not all purple guys. The game just feels rushed out when it was "good enough."

It feels like all the common sense questions/issues DC fans and gamers have said were ignored for budget/time during development, or whoever was in charge didn't care and said it's my way or the highway.

Agreed with everything you said, I really enjoyed the campaign but the endgame stuff is so boring and dreadful, and having played about an hour or two of the "new" content from season 1, here is the summary, one new mission type where the objective is to just get X amount of kills, a new map which is just metropolis but with some Joker decoration. Oh and to get the Joker you have to keep grinding the same missions over and over until you can defeat another reskin of brainiac and rescue Joker. Orrrrr you can choose to pay 10$ to unlock him right away. Yeah safe to say I wont be returning to this game after my plat either, which is a shame coz I really enjoyed it the first 20-30 hours.  

• Like 2

On 3/28/2024 at 5:54 PM, cm-PUNK2000 said:

Agreed with everything you said, I really enjoyed the campaign but the endgame stuff is so boring and dreadful, and having played about an hour or two of the "new" content from season 1, here is the summary, one new mission type where the objective is to just get X amount of kills, a new map which is just metropolis but with some Joker decoration. Oh and to get the Joker you have to keep grinding the same missions over and over until you can defeat another reskin of brainiac and rescue Joker. Orrrrr you can choose to pay 10$ to unlock him right away. Yeah safe to say I wont be returning to this game after my plat either, which is a shame coz I really enjoyed it the first 20-30 hours.  

Yikes, all of that sounds awful. Especially when I have 40+ more hours left of FF7 Rebirth which is actually an amazing game instead of mediocre at best SS. I'm just going to delete the game and clear up save space on my console. I highly doubt we'll see anything past a season 4 if we even make it past 3? 

The only interesting thing about this game would be someone breaking their NDA and making a tell all documentary on how this game failed so magnificently and what their sales are on skins and season passes compared to game sales and how much it costs to keep the lights on.

It's a real shame as I was so excited for a game where we get to be villains actually doing villainous stuff. I would pay 120 for a Rogues game with Captian Cold, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, and the rest in the style of Payday and you're robbing banks in Central City, Gotham, Metropolis etc and you have to escape the cops and heroes. I'm getting tired of always playing Spider-Man and Batman. Rocksteady took a risk and now due to whatever tanked this game during development we'll never get another villain game for a long time.

• Like 1

I was excited for this game and i'm not gonna lie I had a bit of fun at the begining, playing the story even though the missions were a bit repetitive. I was hoping to continue the characters level and the squad level grinding during this season 1 update because I thought we will get a few more story missions, maybe new types of missions/enemies etc. Sadly not only the missions added in this update are pretty much copy paste in the same map that only has a few ballons here and there (and they call it a new map...), the thing that I've found disgraceful is that this update basically doesn't add anything new apart from Joker. You're simply thrown in this world which is basically a reskin doing the same missions from the base game. Joker is stuck behind 5 hours of boring grinding (and they did this on purpose to make you pay for it in the store). And after the Brainiac/Green Lantern annoying and boring boss fight (which also is not very different from main game), you get the Joker and a cutscene is playing and that's it.... You're back at grinding the same missions....No story, No Harley-Joker interaction, No new missions, No new enemy types. New bugs tho, thank you Rocksteady ... . I still have to grind the squad levels to 50 and now I'm level 22...dear Lord...but definetly I'll take a break because the game really broke my tolerance for repetitive grinding. I really hope they won't add more trophies in the future season/updates, unless they really add something new and interesting.

Edited by adriansave
  • Like 1

This game is really bad/not fun to play so I’m glad there are no new trophies (yet)

The question is why though? There’s a lot of trophy and achievement hunters in the world and it would boost the player count just by having new trophies every few months 

without new trophies the game will die even faster. Avengers made the same mistake. Hitman 3 as well (i haven’t even tried the new map or the arcade mode once)

On the other hand you have live service games like ff14 that add new trophies with every new patch, when dawntrail releases it will have over 200 trophies, it’s insane 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2024 at 8:51 PM, Jigsaw said:

This game is really bad/not fun to play so I’m glad there are no new trophies (yet)

The question is why though? There’s a lot of trophy and achievement hunters in the world and it would boost the player count just by having new trophies every few months 

without new trophies the game will die even faster. Avengers made the same mistake. Hitman 3 as well (i haven’t even tried the new map or the arcade mode once)

On the other hand you have live service games like ff14 that add new trophies with every new patch, when dawntrail releases it will have over 200 trophies, it’s insane 

While I seem to have enjoyed this game more than the average, the lack of DLC trophies is the least of Rocksteady's worries. 

The non-existent mission variety and mediocre loot game is what made people drop this game. They are making some significant changes in a patch next week to help address the loot game. It will take some time for them to add new missions and enemies, and I'm not so sure they'll go through with that due to the dying player base.

It's sad - there is a very fun core game here because the traversal is fantastic and the gunplay is serviceable enough. Rocksteady completely pooped the bed when it came to mission design and enemy variety. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 7:51 PM, Jigsaw said:

When a game adds new trophies I'm 50/50 on if I'll do them to get back to 100 percent. I stopped caring about 100 percenting games a while back and really just go for the plat. Unless it's a game I really love and want to go back and play or if the trophies are easy to get.

And I'm with you on some games adding new trophies after launch but not all of them do. Destiny 2 added new trophies with Forsaken but that was it. It's been years since and many expansions later and no new trophies. You would think they may add new ones with Final Shape coming out but I doubt it.

All that to say is we're a very minor percentage of the gaming population. The majority of gamers don't care about trophies, most of people who play a game don't even beat the "end boss" or beat the game, let alone get 50 percent of the trophies or even platinum them.  There are a lot of people whose first platinum were from Spider-Man 2 and more recent Sony first party games because they have become purposefully easier to plat. 

So while I agree with you that they should have added new trophies get Joker to max level, do ## of ____ with Joker, beat GL Braniac, etc. that this game needs all the new content it can get. New trophies wouldn't have mattered to 90 percent of their player base as the plat rate is very low not to mention most of their trophies that are easy don't have high percentage of people who earned them.