You Can’t Keep Me Out!

DrMZxx

open all of the safes and locks in the Game

my idea:

- you have open all 3 safes in both runs (Edward & Emily)

- open the safe in Gray‘s Office twice per run. Once directly when you can enter the room for the first time and later when Gray‘s Office Key is required

- all doors must be opened

- all boxes, cupboards, …need to be opened?

I’d say all doors & safes certainly, however I doubt it’d require doing this with both characters. Boxes & cupboards etc I’d say not. 
There’s rooms which even though there’s nothing left won’t change to grey, while there seems to be a bug with the clerk’s room safe in that the icon still shows as locked/white even after opening. 

There’s some suggestion that after a certain point some doors lock again so require unlocking again. 

36 minutes ago, DrMZxx said:

open all of the safes and locks in the Game

my idea:

- you have open all 3 safes in both runs (Edward & Emily)

- open the safe in Gray‘s Office twice per run. Once directly when you can enter the room for the first time and later when Gray‘s Office Key is required

- all doors must be opened

- all boxes, cupboards, …need to be opened?

Divide has said he played game 6x and hot trophy on boat lock, he hasnt explained process or how trophy unlocked he just said 29th... thats it, so not sure theres area boat missing or something needs investigating, only 29th lock

Just now, MrFirebugJr said:

All I need is this and No Healing. I've beaten the game 4 times now, and 2 of them with no heals. I wanna slap someone with how frustrating this is.

fr!! I've completed No heal run but didn't get the trophy. Just need You Can't Keep Me Out then i'll do a no flask only run

3 minutes ago, RevNexus said:

fr!! I've completed No heal run but didn't get the trophy. Just need You Can't Keep Me Out then i'll do a no flask only run

What makes it worse is that I really like the game. Sure, it's jank as Hell, but I'm starved for Lovecraft games. Honestly, the No Heal trophy not popping doesn't bother me too much as it's very obviously glitched. Nothing I can do except wait for a patch. But the Lock one seems annoying because no one seems to know what does and doesn't count towards it. 

I'm confident I unlocked everything as Emily, so I'm going to do one more playthrough as Edward and try to unlock everything with him, while not healing because that isn't difficult.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MrFirebugJr said:

What makes it worse is that I really like the game. Sure, it's jank as Hell, but I'm starved for Lovecraft games. Honestly, the No Heal trophy not popping doesn't bother me too much as it's very obviously glitched. Nothing I can do except wait for a patch. But the Lock one seems annoying because no one seems to know what does and doesn't count towards it. 

I'm confident I unlocked everything as Emily, so I'm going to do one more playthrough as Edward and try to unlock everything with him, while not healing because that isn't difficult.

For me, my last door seems to be the locked door in the bottom right of the Infirmary - which I believe is Emily only? 

So maybe I do another Emily run and it unlocks it

39 minutes ago, MrFirebugJr said:

I saw someone say that the autosave might be what bugs the "no Heal trophy" so if you have to leave the game at all while going for it then be sure to press "load game" and load a manual save never press continue. When I saw someone say that I jumped on and tried it myself went through the game again as Emily in one sitting only making a couple of manual saves here and there incase the game froze and it popped for me at the credits. And I used the "give grace a toy ending". You might have already tried this but that's what worked for me. 

2 hours ago, Anankha said:

I’d say all doors & safes certainly, however I doubt it’d require doing this with both characters. Boxes & cupboards etc I’d say not. 

But to open all the doors, you definitely have to play with Emily. Because the two doors to the mortuary can only be opened during her run.

2 minutes ago, RevNexus said:

yep! I noticed that and had to load back an older save. so damn buggy

I'm giving up on the Locks one until there's a patch. I'll speedrun the rest of this current playthrough to see if the No Heal will pop. If not, I'll also put that on hold until a patch.

2 hours ago, MrFirebugJr said:

All I need is this and No Healing. I've beaten the game 4 times now, and 2 of them with no heals. I wanna slap someone with how frustrating this is.

I had the same issue by today and finally got it playing as Emily on speedrun until Grace gift ending. I have a theory that not skipping cutscenes where Emily or Eddy are drinking is preventing being real teetotaller as well 😉

Edited by brodaty_rumcajs

13 minutes ago, brodaty_rumcajs said:

I had the same issue by today and finally got it playing as Emily on speedrun until Grace gift ending. I have a theory that not skipping cutscenes where Emily or Eddy are drinking is preventing being real teetotaller as well 😉

I skipped all cut scenes, does not have to do with that. Both trophies are exetremly bugged, dont get it why people are rushing it.

Wait for a patch👍

5 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

I skipped all cut scenes, does not have to do with that. Buth trophies are exetremly bugged, dont get it why people are rushing it.

Wait for a patch👍

If they ever patch it, after all its a small developer😂

Edited by DividedByMankind

3 hours ago, DrMZxx said:

But to open all the doors, you definitely have to play with Emily. Because the two doors to the mortuary can only be opened during her run.

Thanks. I didn’t think Edward could try to open the same door as Emily & it show ‘a key is required’ but in trying to unlock the open all locks achievement I had to reopen previously opened doors I found that the door does indeed show a key sign so I’m now suspecting both playthroughs are required.

Edited by Anankha

For the You Can’t Keep Me Out! trophy a couple of the doors lock again after the flood segment. I unlocked them again but I don’t know whether these count for the trophy. Currently doing the same playthrough with Emily to see if the trophy pops.
Also I didn’t check out the safe in the Clerk’s room before opening it otherwise it shows as unopened.

19 minutes ago, Anankha said:

For the You Can’t Keep Me Out! trophy a couple of the doors lock again after the flood segment. I unlocked them again but I don’t know whether these count for the trophy. Currently doing the same playthrough with Emily to see if the trophy pops.
Also I didn’t check out the safe in the Clerk’s room before opening it otherwise it shows as unopened.

what are the other doors that relatch? the only one I can tell (after the flood) is the mezzanine door going to the stairwell

4 hours ago, brodaty_rumcajs said:

no i got it while streaming n watching all cs 

4 minutes ago, ckleckner78 said:

only other trophy im having trouble with is chatterbox pretty sure i got all extra conversations but didnt pop. replaying to see if i can get it. 

so sometimes with that trophy you need keep pressing x even when the icon disapears, ive had issue before the speach icon disapears but i keep pressing x more speach appears, also you need ot say bye to them which is the end/3rd part of speach depending on sectiona nd whop youa re talking to, i hope this helps! also check out games guides or pwoerpyxs guide, they are good reference, hope this helps!

5 hours ago, RevNexus said:

what are the other doors that relatch? the only one I can tell (after the flood) is the mezzanine door going to the stairwell

The other is on the floor below the Mezzanine- Grand Parlor.  I was double checking &  this seemed to show the unlock animation again. 

1 hour ago, ckleckner78 said:

only other trophy im having trouble with is chatterbox pretty sure i got all extra conversations but didnt pop. replaying to see if i can get it. 

There’s two people easily missed before the final boss. Both near the spiral stairs in the greenhouse. 

Edited by Anankha

I've beaten the game 8 times now - 4 just trying to get You Can't Keep Me Out and the health flask one to no avail

Guess I'll just wait for a patch because I've exhausted all online guides and everything I can think of lol

Edited by RevNexus

1 hour ago, Anankha said:

The other is on the floor below the Mezzanine- Grand Parlor.  I was double checking &  this seemed to show the unlock animation again. 

There’s two people easily missed before the final boss. Both near the spiral stairs in the greenhouse. 

i got those 7 people both times

2 hours ago, Sarsky said:

so sometimes with that trophy you need keep pressing x even when the icon disapears, ive had issue before the speach icon disapears but i keep pressing x more speach appears, also you need ot say bye to them which is the end/3rd part of speach depending on sectiona nd whop youa re talking to, i hope this helps! also check out games guides or pwoerpyxs guide, they are good reference, hope this helps!

it does n ice def done all 3 with each excpet for the dead body n grave which r 1 n 2

6 hours ago, RevNexus said:

im thinking same thing as my last run on edward it did 4 me as well i bet thats the one locking peeps out of trophy.

Edited by ckleckner78

11 hours ago, Anankha said:

I believe, all of this is completely irrelevant because no matter how often you check the Mezzazine door and unbolt it again, it will however always lock itsself after the next autosave. So in theory, you could always unlock it again, but that's useless because at a certain point you can't access the house any more.

Like when you arrive at Dr. Gray's private quaters in chapter 4, you can't go back to the mansion any more. So here's the important thing: open your map once you're there. You'll realize that the fucking Mezzazine door is bolted yet again. Even if you unbolted it 5 or 500 times, it will be bolted again and NOW, you can't unbolt it any more. Which leaves the game thinking, oh you missed that one door, welp sorry no trophy. 

I guess this actually requires a fix 😔

19 hours ago, Noirlion022 said:

I saw someone say that the autosave might be what bugs the "no Heal trophy" so if you have to leave the game at all while going for it then be sure to press "load game" and load a manual save never press continue. When I saw someone say that I jumped on and tried it myself went through the game again as Emily in one sitting only making a couple of manual saves here and there incase the game froze and it popped for me at the credits. And I used the "give grace a toy ending". You might have already tried this but that's what worked for me. 

Just completed another run in one-sitting without loading an autosave and it still didn't pop.

• Like 1