You Can’t Keep Me Out!

DrMZxx

Method didn't work for me either, doing one more run with above method then quitting

I will add that mine kept crashing in Chapter 4 when you try to open Clerk's safe a second time, instead of in stairwell or before using Truth Key. so let's hope it won't crash until stairwell scene. Maybe opening safe once will help

Edited by RevNexus

1 hour ago, BRWTapio said:

Me too. I just tried what they did on the digital version. No luck.

BUT!!!!

I noticed a very interesting difference. What i changed was to first do the infirmary, then boat, then WW I. And the Mezzazine door now did not bolt itsself up any more. That's at least noticeable. 

Damn, i just can't force myself to another 2 runs after 56 hours with this. I'll rather wait for clearance what's the plan for digital.

When I did it that way the game crashed on using the key after ww1/morgue section. 

Ok to clarify things a bit for non-patched version:

I didn't use patched version 'save file' at ALL and reason to go to basement first and then for ww1 flasback is  when i played patched ver. other way around i ended up with staircase key in my inventory till the end of the game cos you open it from other side.

For me there was occasional crashes but not game breaking. The only thing for me after i finish ww1 flash all the staircase doors where locked and i couldn't progress further, that's where i applied update and carry on till snowy area.

Also i did not open 913 safe to get the collectible, that safe i did on a new playthrough as Edward

Hope it helps

Edited by ozoevil
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ozoevil said:

Ok to clarify things a bit for non-pathed version:

I didn't use patched version 'save file' at ALL and reason to go to basement first and then for ww1 flasback is  when i played patched ver. other way around i ended up with staircase key in my inventory till the end of the game cos you open it from other side.

For me there was occasional crashes but not game breaking. The only thing for me after i finish ww1 flash all the staircase doors where locked and i couldn't progress further, that's where i applied update and carry on till snowy area.

Also i did not open 913 safe to get the collectible, that safe i did on a new playthrough as Edward

Hope it helps

thank you! so wait, are you saying you didn't open Clerk's safe at all on Emily play through? Or are you saying the first time you went was for Clerk's office key and clue and then the second time was in edward playthrough?

Edited by RevNexus

3 hours ago, ckleckner78 said:

in middle of same thing with emily just ordered to rent from gamefly but going out of town to see sister for weekend so not gonna be able to do with disc till i get back in town monday night just wanna be done with this game its more trouble then quarry trophy ever was lol

Lol The Quarry 😄 I got this last month and this crap is still kinda glitchy. You know, the thing with the cards and not make use of them once. It is not difficult to work around, but i wanted to play this without guide on 1st playthrough and of course had no idea what was the correct way to avoid the glitch. I had to replay it at least 2 more times as needed.

8 hours ago, Teh_DDgamez said:

First:Thank you very much! I can't even think how many tries did you need to discover this and you immediately reported it here. 🤗 And i swear the best thing about trophy hunting it's the community, there's people making guides,  videos, contacting developers for bug/non synch, people helping with online trophies and so much more!

Second: Just my experience with this trophy for anyone else who wants to try. I did delete everything (saves too) started with Emily doing every locks(even the medicine box and globe piece), did boat and then ww1 flashbacks (or you'll miss cellar lock) at the end of the ww1 flashback after the 'revelation' you get the 'truth key' but every single time the game would crash when using it(maybe it's this what until stairwell means?), at this point i updated (after like 30 minutes trying with old saves etc trying to go over the crashing at the door), after the update i used truth key and the trophy popped (to my surprise) no Carnby needed (i did the 913 safe 2 times with emily). Last thing (sorry for the text wall), without patch the game was night and day as performance goes, it kept crashing with super bad fps (never crashed in 7 run before and without so much stuttering and fps drops). Good luck eveyone.

Edit: i forgot, after the first flashback in ch4 the mezzanine door rebolts itself, i reopened it before doing the ww1 segment (basically in ch4 i opened 2 times the same door).

you are a genius, it worked for me as well :D thanks a lot!

guys, make sure you check your map and unbolt the door, the Mezanine one

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GamingIsFuun said:

you are a genius, it worked for me as well :D thanks a lot!

guys, make sure you check your map and unbolt the door, the Mezanine one

did your game bug out at the same spot as him? For me, my first run today (no patch) it bugged out at 2nd visit to clerk's safe. Updated, didn't get trophy.

Now, on this run, it's crashing every time i leave boat level and I'm scared to do update since it's not the same spot with truth key

I wrote down the steps I took, hope it helps:

1. If you have any progress, back up your save to the cloud, go to the game & delete all saves & the game

2. Disconnect your PS5 from the Internet

3. Install the game from the disc (0.0 version) 4. Play as Emily, use the guide https://www.powerpyx.com/alone-in-the-dark-2024-all-collectible-locations/ to get all locks, including the safe in the Clerk's office twice, medicine box and France Map

5. Chapter 4 - make a manual save, just in case

6. Unbolt Mezanine Door

7. Procced to the Sitting Room & Dr. Gray's Office

8. Unlock Stairwell Door and got ot Infirmary

9. Do the Ferry Boat Scene and unlock 2 doors there

10. Unlock 1st Floor Hall, go to the Empty Room

11. Unlock Mezanine Door again

12. Do the WW1 Flashback

13. When you get the Truth Key, try to unlock the door with itm your game is supposed to crash

14. The game must crash here, connect your PS5 to the Internet & download the update

15. Start the game, click continue and unlock the door with the key again - trophy should pop here

Let me know if something is unclear, I will update the steps 

3 minutes ago, RevNexus said:

did your game bug out at the same spot as him? For me, my first run today (no patch) it bugged out at 2nd visit to clerk's safe. Updated, didn't get trophy.

Now, on this run, it's crashing every time i leave boat level and I'm scared to do update since it's not the same spot with truth key

the game was crashing for me all the time when I tried to skip a cutscene on the ferry, don't skip the cutscene

don't update the game if it crashes anywhere else escept for the crash at the The Truth Key

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, RevNexus said:

thank you! so wait, are you saying you didn't open Clerk's safe at all on Emily play through? Or are you saying the first time you went was for Clerk's office key and clue and then the second time was in edward playthrough?

U can' t progress without that key, if you follow 'Teh_DDgamez' tips and tricks you should get it in one playthrough as Emily

Edited by ozoevil

1 minute ago, ozoevil said:

U can' t progress without that key, if follow 'Teh_DDgamez' tips and tricks you should get it in one playthrough as Emily

I was in Clerk's office, opened the safe twice and unbolted the door in Dr Gray's office

By twice I mean I was there on 2 different occasions

Edited by GamingIsFuun

1 hour ago, GamingIsFuun said:

I was in Clerk's office, opened the safe twice and unbolted the door in Dr Gray's office

By twice I mean I was there on 2 different occasions

Yeah, this is where some of us (me included) cannot progress further, since the game will crash when we try to open the safe the second time. :(

16 minutes ago, Platisfaction said:

Yeah, this is where some of us (me included) cannot progress further, since the game will crash when we try to open the safe the second time. :(

keep pushing! on this morning's run I only got to safe

on my current run I managed to push it all the way to final stairwell scene where you get stuck. currently waiting for update to finish

nonetheless, i HAVE had luck pushing my run further, just make sure auto game updates are turned off and your wifi is turned off

Edited by RevNexus

11 minutes ago, RevNexus said:

keep pushing! on this morning's run I only got to safe

on my current run I managed to push it all the way to final stairwell scene. currently waiting for update to finish

nonetheless, i HAVE had luck pushing my run further, just make sure auto game updates are turned off and your wifi is turned off

So on your second run the game didn't crash when you opened the safe for the second time?

Edited by Platisfaction

2 hours ago, GamingIsFuun said:

1. If you have any progress, back up your save to the cloud, go to the game & delete all saves & the game

3. Install the game from the disc (0.0 version) 4. Play as Emily, use the guide https://www.powerpyx.com/alone-in-the-dark-2024-all-collectible-locations/ to get all locks, including the safe in the Clerk's office twice, medicine box and France Map

6. Unbolt Mezanine Door

12. Do the WW1 Flashback

13. When you get the Truth Key, try to unlock the door with itm your game is supposed to crash

14. The game must crash here, connect your PS5 to the Internet & download the update

15. Start the game, click continue and unlock the door with the key again - trophy should pop here

the game was crashing for me all the time when I tried to skip a cutscene on the ferry, don't skip the cutscene

don't update the game if it crashes anywhere else escept for the crash at the The Truth Key

Thank you so much. Finally got this trophy & the Platinum. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GamingIsFuun said:

6. Unbolt Mezanine Door

12. Do the WW1 Flashback

thank you! It popped for me once I opened Edward's first safe after doing method for Emily run. hell ya 😎

Edited by RevNexus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Platisfaction said:

so try only opening 2nd time n then first on edward. as others have said

Damnit! I just ran into another problem. One door in chapter 4 is simply not bolted for me:

1st Floor Hall Bolted Door (Lock)

Head into the first hall and unbolt the door leading to the Grand Parlor. You want to do this now because there will be an event that will automatically unbolt the door and it could lock you out of :bronze: You Can’t Keep Me Out!.

Did anyone else encounter this issue? I just reloaded a save to try again. Keep your fingers crossed lol.

EDIT: Nvm, reloading did the trick

Edited by Platisfaction

15 minutes ago, Platisfaction said:

Damnit! I just ran into another problem. One door in chapter 4 is simply not bolted for me:

1st Floor Hall Bolted Door (Lock)

Head into the first hall and unbolt the door leading to the Grand Parlor. You want to do this now because there will be an event that will automatically unbolt the door and it could lock you out of :bronze: You Can’t Keep Me Out!.

Did anyone else encounter this issue? I just reloaded a save to try again. Keep your fingers crossed lol.

When you open the 1st hall door after getting the key as either Emily or Edward and once you see the dark man enter the first hall and disappear a few seconds after that is when your supposed to unbolt the door there also when your playing as Emily you have to unbolt one of the stairwell doors again before going into the attic 

13 hours ago, Teh_DDgamez said:

First:Thank you very much! I can't even think how many tries did you need to discover this and you immediately reported it here. 🤗 And i swear the best thing about trophy hunting it's the community, there's people making guides,  videos, contacting developers for bug/non synch, people helping with online trophies and so much more!

Second: Just my experience with this trophy for anyone else who wants to try. I did delete everything (saves too) started with Emily doing every locks(even the medicine box and globe piece), did boat and then ww1 flashbacks (or you'll miss cellar lock) at the end of the ww1 flashback after the 'revelation' you get the 'truth key' but every single time the game would crash when using it(maybe it's this what until stairwell means?), at this point i updated (after like 30 minutes trying with old saves etc trying to go over the crashing at the door), after the update i used truth key and the trophy popped (to my surprise) no Carnby needed (i did the 913 safe 2 times with emily). Last thing (sorry for the text wall), without patch the game was night and day as performance goes, it kept crashing with super bad fps (never crashed in 7 run before and without so much stuttering and fps drops). Good luck eveyone.

Edit: i forgot, after the first flashback in ch4 the mezzanine door rebolts itself, i reopened it before doing the ww1 segment (basically in ch4 i opened 2 times the same door).

I can happily confirm that this workaround does work perfectly. Thank you very much for sharing it!

For those who did not get it following this method may have missed a door accidentally, probably the mezzanine door that closes after you get back from the ship, so it must be opened again. In my run I also opened every normal door aswell once in the game. 

Also, in chapter 3, in the egyptian part where you are using the lights in the tomb to get the contract, there are 2 doors which can only be opened if you smash the breakable blockage. I don’t know for sure but maybe those count aswell, I did them.

So basically what worked for me (not sure if everything is needed):

- Disc version, 1.0, no patch.

- Fresh start, delete saves and profile before starting it.

- Play as Emily.

- Make many separate saves frequently because unpatched game is extremely

glithcy, freezes, and has gamebreaking bugs, where you have to get back to previous save.

- Open all regular doors, safes and unbolt all bolted doors. Don’t forget the doors in the alternate world sequences.

- Open the 913 safe 2 times, once in chapter 2, once in chapter 4.

- Open medicine box.

- Open globe in sitting room. 
- Open the 2 doors that are blocked by debris by smashing the debris in chapter 3 egyptian tomb (do that before the chase scene that starts after you free the contract using the light on the statue’s head).

- Chapter 4: unblock the door to ground parlor and mezzanine before doing the ship sequence.

- Do the ship sequence first (that starts if you go down the stairs after using stairwell key).

- After you get back from ship sequence, unbolt mezzanine door again.

- Do WW1 sequence once everything else is done. That starts in the empty room, after you open the safe and use the light bulb in Ruth’s room.

- After WW1 sequence and waking up, do the puzzle with the schematics. Get the Truth key and make a manual save.

- Now update the game to the current version, because you cannot finish withouth it (the game freezes if you use The Truth key without updating).

- Load the manual save and unlock the door with the key. 

TROPHY pops

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Eredaar- said:

I can happily confirm that this workaround does work perfectly. Thank you very much for sharing it!

For those who did not get it following this method may have missed a door accidentally, probably the mezzanine door that closes after you get back from the ship, so it must be opened again. In my run I also opened every normal door aswell once in the game. 

Also, in chapter 3, in the egyptian part where you are using the lights in the tomb to get the contract, there are 2 doors which can only be opened if you smash the breakable blockage. I don’t know for sure but maybe those count aswell, I did them.

So basically what worked for me (not sure if everything is needed):

- Disc version, 1.0, no patch.

- Fresh start, delete saves and profile before starting it.

- Play as Emily.

- Make many separate saves frequently because unpatched game is extremely

glithcy, freezes, and has gamebreaking bugs, where you have to get back to previous save.

- Open all regular doors, safes and unbolt all bolted doors. Don’t forget the doors in the alternate world sequences.

- Open the 913 safe 2 times, once in chapter 2, once in chapter 4.

- Open medicine box.

- Open globe in sitting room. 
- Open the 2 doors that are blocked by debris by smashing the debris in chapter 3 egyptian tomb (do that before the chase scene that starts after you free the contract using the light on the statue’s head).

- Chapter 4: unblock the door to ground parlor and mezzanine before doing the ship sequence.

- Do the ship sequence first (that starts if you go down the stairs after using stairwell key).

- After you get back from ship sequence, unbolt mezzanine door again.

- Do WW1 sequence once everything else is done. That starts in the empty room, after you open the safe and use the light bulb in Ruth’s room.

- After WW1 sequence and waking up, do the puzzle with the schematics. Get the Truth key and make a manual save.

- Now update the game to the current version, because you cannot finish withouth it (the game freezes if you use The Truth key without updating).

TROPHY pops

I've unbolted the mezzanine door 3 times and every time I return it's still bolted so I'm gonna have to wait for patch as I have digital copy 

9 minutes ago, Eredaar- said:

TROPHY pops

100%, and if it doesn’t pop after opening door with truth key

Continue to the doctor’s apt, go through the dresser

Quit out, and start new game with Edward and simply get to first safe in chapter 2 and it’ll pop👍

Edited by RevNexus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevNexus said:

100%, and if it doesn’t pop after opening door with truth key

Continue to the doctor’s apt, go through the dresser

Quit out, and start new game with Edward and simply get to first safe in chapter 2 and it’ll pop👍

so i was right bout unpatched version helping to get it.  sucks i cant do anything till monday night when i get home. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ckleckner78 said:

so i was right bout unpatched version helping to get it.  sucks i cant do anything till monday night when i get home. 

Yea it’s 100% integral. You must make it to truth key door on unpatched version. If you’ve made it there then you’re solid.

Edited by RevNexus