You Can’t Keep Me Out!

DrMZxx

13 minutes ago, BRWTapio said:

Welp ... any ideas for those of us who play digital? Has anybody tried to do all this on version 1.03? Or do we really have to wait until THQNordic get their asses up and give us a patch?

just do gamefly rental if u got a disc ps5 console thats what im doing but i cant after tonight till monday going out of town it will be here before i get back though

Edited by ckleckner78
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PlatinumReaper20 said:

I've unbolted the mezzanine door 3 times and every time I return it's still bolted so I'm gonna have to wait for patch as I have digital copy 

I am pretty sure that unpatched version is required for this to work unfortunately. As some locations are different in that version, they may have accidentally made a door somewhere to relock at certsin point in the patched version or messed up something else that the trophy tracks. :( 

That mezzanine door could be the problem with a high chance. 

Edited by Eredaar-
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BRWTapio said:

Welp ... any ideas for those of us who play digital? Has anybody tried to do all this on version 1.03? Or do we really have to wait until THQNordic get their asses up and give us a patch?

I have digital aswel and I don't want to buy disc version just to do unpatched version I'm gonna have to wait for a patch I've done 5 play throughs and still no pop

2 hours ago, Eredaar- said:

I am pretty sure that unpatched version is required for this to work unfortunately. As some locations are different in that version, they may have accidentally made a door somewhere to relock at certsin point in the patched version or messed up something else that the trophy tracks. :( 

That mezzanine door could be the problem with a high chance. 

I have digital version so won't be able try unpatched version unfortunately guess I'll just move on for now and wait for patch 

Finally! Got it after 3rd attempt on 1.00 version, and this was by far my worst experience with this game - everything was sooo glitched, cutscenes not engaging, enemies and Emily going into no-clipping mode…. it is important to manual save at the end of each chapter.

Now the important topic, which I did not in first 2 unsuccessful runs on 1.00 version:

- game installed from cd and played in offline mode until Truth key door crash (manual save before door unlock attempt)

- make sure to unlock everything in the game (especially take care about Chapter 4 first floor door bolt to grand parlor- must be opened physically after Dark Man sighting near empty room)

- install patch (does not need to go back to offline after that)

- load manual save and open the lock - and that’s it.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 9:47 AM, FireWalkLikeMe said:

Gonna try this tonight. Would you just mind specifying which staircase section you're referring to?

Didnt work for me, followed both methods, still no trophy.

1 hour ago, Sarsky said:

Didnt work for me, followed both methods, still no trophy.

Did you make it all the way to the truth key with no patch, ultimately causing you to be locked in the stairwell? You muuust make it there on the unpatched version for it to do its work. If you did make it there and it didn’t pop there or on Edward’s first safe in very next playthrough, then idk 😕

Edited by RevNexus

10 hours ago, ckleckner78 said:

just do gamefly rental if u got a disc ps5 console thats what im doing but i cant after tonight till monday going out of town it will be here before i get back though

Nope, i have the PS5 digital. No disc drive. 

They'll HAVE to fix that. I mean, most people likely have this game digital, right? Maybe not on PlayStation, but those who are on Steam or Xbox might mostly go digital. So do something for us, please patch this dooooooor! 

Ok, i'm losing it ... 😂😂

Edited by BRWTapio

3 hours ago, BRWTapio said:

Nope, i have the PS5 digital. No disc drive. 

They'll HAVE to fix that. I mean, most people likely have this game digital, right? Maybe not on PlayStation, but those who are on Steam or Xbox might mostly go digital. So do something for us, please patch this dooooooor! 

Ok, i'm losing it ... 😂😂

fr, valid point. I heard they at least acknowledged it yesterday

worst case, maybe rent from game fly if you wanna sooner be in the 100% club

and trust me dude 🤣 im glad I got it but damn. I did 12 playthroughs - 7 just for this trophy and two on unpatched method. That being said I'm glad I finally got some closure on this one. they should follow up on patch here soon tho 

Edited by RevNexus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RevNexus said:

Did you make it all the way to the truth key with no patch, ultimately causing you to be locked in the stairwell? You muuust make it there on the unpatched version for it to do its work. If you did make it there and it didn’t pop there or on Edward’s first safe in very next playthrough, then idk 😕

So i got to truth key, i opened the door unpatched, no crashing, autosaved stairwell, so after i patched game loaded up before door and no trophy, tried edward method, didnt work, maybe i fucked it, but trophy wont pop.

Should i restart beggining?

1 hour ago, Sarsky said:

So i got to truth key, i opened the door unpatched, no crashing, autosaved stairwell, so after i patched game loaded up before door and no trophy, tried edward method, didnt work, maybe i fucked it, but trophy wont pop.

Should i restart beggining?

I could be wrong but ive heard loading into the auto save instead of manual save after the patch could mess it up.

it could be any number of things with this buggy mess of a trophy 😩

You NEED to get to truth key door on unpatched, and once you get through if you’re locked out of all stairwell doors (due to unpatched version locking you out), thennnnn you are safe to update. But if you are not there with that criteria it doesn’t seem to work

Edited by RevNexus

3 hours ago, RevNexus said:

fr, valid point. I heard they at least acknowledged it yesterday

worst case, maybe rent from game fly if you wanna sooner be in the 100% club

and trust me dude 🤣 im glad I got it but damn. I did 12 playthroughs - 7 just for this trophy and two on unpatched method. That being said I'm glad I finally got some closure on this one. they should follow up on patch here soon tho 

Yea good job mate. I can't even remember how many runs i did. But my total playtime tells the same story - 57 hours 😔

I still believe there has to be a way to do it on 1.03, cause the first 2 achievers got it there too. They might have the disc version, but these days, we didn't know of our workaround. Damn

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BRWTapio said:

Yea good job mate. I can't even remember how many runs i did. But my total playtime tells the same story - 57 hours 😔

I still believe there has to be a way to do it on 1.03, cause the first 2 achievers got it there too. They might have the disc version, but these days, we didn't know of our workaround. Damn

So many runs😭😭🤣 I wanted it bad lmao

For the updated game run: did someone tried to manual save before using truth key, then force game shutdown on PS main screen, start game again, load manual save and then use the key? (With 913 safe opened twice in one playthrough). Since I got trophy using 1.00 trick I can’t test it anymore.

2 hours ago, BRWTapio said:

I never got the "you cant keep me out on patched, ver 1.03. I got it on unpatched, ver 1.00. That said. Mine popped after unlocking one of the doors on the boat.  Then i patched my game on 2nd form boss fight at the end of chapter 4.

My guess is the update messes up locks in the game.

2 locks in chapter 4. The locked safe in clerks office and or the lock 29 on the boat.

I also got the no heal unpatched.

The reason you need to patch it during boss fight, game wont let you advance into chapter 5. Its a massive crash. No work around.

Also a question, why dont ppl buy physical on the release instead of digital? Its also cheaper physical than digital, atleast here it is

18 hours ago, Eredaar- said:

I can happily confirm that this workaround does work perfectly. Thank you very much for sharing it!

For those who did not get it following this method may have missed a door accidentally, probably the mezzanine door that closes after you get back from the ship, so it must be opened again. In my run I also opened every normal door aswell once in the game. 

Also, in chapter 3, in the egyptian part where you are using the lights in the tomb to get the contract, there are 2 doors which can only be opened if you smash the breakable blockage. I don’t know for sure but maybe those count aswell, I did them.

So basically what worked for me (not sure if everything is needed):

- Disc version, 1.0, no patch.

- Fresh start, delete saves and profile before starting it.

- Play as Emily.

- Make many separate saves frequently because unpatched game is extremely

glithcy, freezes, and has gamebreaking bugs, where you have to get back to previous save.

- Open all regular doors, safes and unbolt all bolted doors. Don’t forget the doors in the alternate world sequences.

- Open the 913 safe 2 times, once in chapter 2, once in chapter 4.

- Open medicine box.

- Open globe in sitting room. 
- Open the 2 doors that are blocked by debris by smashing the debris in chapter 3 egyptian tomb (do that before the chase scene that starts after you free the contract using the light on the statue’s head).

- Chapter 4: unblock the door to ground parlor and mezzanine before doing the ship sequence.

- Do the ship sequence first (that starts if you go down the stairs after using stairwell key).

- After you get back from ship sequence, unbolt mezzanine door again.

- Do WW1 sequence once everything else is done. That starts in the empty room, after you open the safe and use the light bulb in Ruth’s room.

- After WW1 sequence and waking up, do the puzzle with the schematics. Get the Truth key and make a manual save.

- Now update the game to the current version, because you cannot finish withouth it (the game freezes if you use The Truth key without updating).

- Load the manual save and unlock the door with the key. 

TROPHY pops

I just unlocked my plat, thank you. I followed your list, so I'll expand it a bit with my personal experience (there are minor differences):

• Removed save data, removed the game, turned internet OFF and reinstalled the game v1.00 (Disc ofc)
  • Played as Emily on Easy mode (Modern). Aimed to open all doors (locked and unlocked, even in sequences out of Derceto) and safes (I unlocked the 913 safe twice)
  • Unlocked the medicine box and the globe. Opened the two "doors" blocked by debris in the Egyptian Tomb (chapter 3)
  • In chapter 4 (in order): I unlocked the mezzanine door, did the ship sequence, unlocked the mezzanine door again, unlocked the door to ground parlor, did the WW1 sequence.
  • Saved as soon as the WW1 sequence ended, completed the map puzzle and unlocked the exit door. That's when the trophy unlocked.

Extra notes:

• Played most of chapters 3/4 with bugs such as Magnyfier hud always on screen or completed parts of map reported as still "red". I didn't skip the ending "movie sequence" of the ship part and the egyptian tomb as doing it would crash my game.
  • After getting this trophy I completed the game (standard ending, beating the final boss) and got the "no drink" trophy too (tried to get it before to no avail, but this time was unlocked).
  • After completing the map puzzle and opening the exit door in chapter 4, the game didn't freeze (when I got the trophy I was still on patch 1.00), but couldn't continue with the game because all the doors near the stairwell were locked. Reloading didn't solve the issue. Installing the last patch did solve the issue and I could open a stairwell door.

Hope someone may find some an useful hints. Good luck!

Edited by Gudradan
  • Like 1

(This is from Steam)
Alone in the Dark Patch 2024/03/28
Changes:
  • Shotgun balancing.

Optimisation:
  • Level streaming improvements.
  • Lighting tweaks in several areas.

Bugs fixed:
  • Several fixes of memory related crashes on Xbox.
  • Fixed crash related to autosaves in the Cemetery.
  • Fixed crash related to loading saved game files from earlier versions of the game.
  • Fixed crash when entering Cemetery through the basement door/passage.
  • Fixed crash during the transition to Chapter 3.
  • Fixed crash when opening the door to the Conservatory.
  • Fixed crash in the Gallatin Street showroom.
  • The number of chambered bullets after loading a save should now be correct.
  • DLCs are no longer available if disabled in Steam.
  • Fixed issue where the puzzle HUD remained on screen after exiting a puzzle.
  • Changes to keybindings are now persistent.
  • Fixed issues with PC getting stuck on objects in Gallatin Street.
  • Fixed several instances of flickering HLODs.
  • Players can no longer access the cheat on the circuit breaker puzzle.
  • General fixes related to sounds breaking and becoming distorted.
  • Fixed issue with PC being blocked after the Crypt anomaly in Derceto.
  • Fixed issue with PC being pushed into the wall in the Crypt anomaly in Derceto.
  • Fixed menu issues on UWS monitors.
  • Fixed save issues related to the zipline cutscene on Oil Rig.
  • PC should no longer get stuck by the destructible gate on the Oil Rig level.
  • Stopped being able to backtrack on the burning Oil Rig level and get blocked.
  • Removed broken reset button in the X-Ray puzzle.
  • Removed blocker between flooded morgue and Dr. Gray’s apartment when playing as Emily.
  • Removed floating crucifix in War Photo.
  • Fixed problem with PC getting stuck when traversing below the fallen pillar leading to the first puzzle in Desert Standing Stones.
  • Fixed issues with sound delays after loading a save.
  • Fixed issue where Batiste’s Keys were missing from inventory in Chapter 2.
  • Fixed collision issues on breakable chairs.
  • Fixed save issues related to objectives updates in AW4.● Fixed screen freeze issues when picking up the Furniture Key.
  • Players can now remap the opportunity action on keyboard.
  • Fixed issues where throwing items breaks interactions.
  • Players can no longer be blocked by missing a puzzle piece in the attic.
  • Fixed issues where PC spawned outside of playable area after loading saved game.
  • Fixed save issue where player could get stuck in basement after loading saved game.
  • “You can’t keep me out” achievement can now be completed.

50 minutes ago, MrFirebugJr said:
(This is from Steam)
Alone in the Dark Patch 2024/03/28
Changes:
  • Shotgun balancing.

Optimisation:
  • Level streaming improvements.
  • Lighting tweaks in several areas.

Bugs fixed:
  • Several fixes of memory related crashes on Xbox.
  • Fixed crash related to autosaves in the Cemetery.
  • Fixed crash related to loading saved game files from earlier versions of the game.
  • Fixed crash when entering Cemetery through the basement door/passage.
  • Fixed crash during the transition to Chapter 3.
  • Fixed crash when opening the door to the Conservatory.
  • Fixed crash in the Gallatin Street showroom.
  • The number of chambered bullets after loading a save should now be correct.
  • DLCs are no longer available if disabled in Steam.
  • Fixed issue where the puzzle HUD remained on screen after exiting a puzzle.
  • Changes to keybindings are now persistent.
  • Fixed issues with PC getting stuck on objects in Gallatin Street.
  • Fixed several instances of flickering HLODs.
  • Players can no longer access the cheat on the circuit breaker puzzle.
  • General fixes related to sounds breaking and becoming distorted.
  • Fixed issue with PC being blocked after the Crypt anomaly in Derceto.
  • Fixed issue with PC being pushed into the wall in the Crypt anomaly in Derceto.
  • Fixed menu issues on UWS monitors.
  • Fixed save issues related to the zipline cutscene on Oil Rig.
  • PC should no longer get stuck by the destructible gate on the Oil Rig level.
  • Stopped being able to backtrack on the burning Oil Rig level and get blocked.
  • Removed broken reset button in the X-Ray puzzle.
  • Removed blocker between flooded morgue and Dr. Gray’s apartment when playing as Emily.
  • Removed floating crucifix in War Photo.
  • Fixed problem with PC getting stuck when traversing below the fallen pillar leading to the first puzzle in Desert Standing Stones.
  • Fixed issues with sound delays after loading a save.
  • Fixed issue where Batiste’s Keys were missing from inventory in Chapter 2.
  • Fixed collision issues on breakable chairs.
  • Fixed save issues related to objectives updates in AW4.● Fixed screen freeze issues when picking up the Furniture Key.
  • Players can now remap the opportunity action on keyboard.
  • Fixed issues where throwing items breaks interactions.
  • Players can no longer be blocked by missing a puzzle piece in the attic.
  • Fixed issues where PC spawned outside of playable area after loading saved game.
  • Fixed save issue where player could get stuck in basement after loading saved game.
  • “You can’t keep me out” achievement can now be completed.

So, I redownloaded old saves, tried getting trophy pop from random locks, didnt work, not sure if you have to delete old saves do a fresh playthrough again... if thats case ill probably not bother till later day.

2 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Also a question, why dont ppl buy physical on the release instead of digital? Its also cheaper physical than digital, atleast here it is

also the best way to build a collection 😎 lol

• Like 2