You Can’t Keep Me Out!

DrMZxx

6 hours ago, BRWTapio said:

I believe, all of this is completely irrelevant because no matter how often you check the Mezzazine door and unbolt it again, it will however always lock itsself after the next autosave. So in theory, you could always unlock it again, but that's useless because at a certain point you can't access the house any more.

Like when you arrive at Dr. Gray's private quaters in chapter 4, you can't go back to the mansion any more. So here's the important thing: open your map once you're there. You'll realize that the fucking Mezzazine door is bolted yet again. Even if you unbolted it 5 or 500 times, it will be bolted again and NOW, you can't unbolt it any more. Which leaves the game thinking, oh you missed that one door, welp sorry no trophy. 

I guess this actually requires a fix 😔

I’m beginning to suspect that is the case. 
I have noticed that the Clerk’s office safe must be opened twice though.
No need to playthrough both characters as there’s 30 keys overall (between the characters) but each can only use 29 which is the required number for the trophy.

Also when playing as Edward in the Infirmary the door which Emily unlocks shows to him as requiring a key (locked symbol) which suggests that it is this which is preventing the trophy as Edward cannot unlock this door. I suspect it should show (to him) as blocked.
I’m currently playing through as Emily & following the tutorial to the letter, if it still doesn’t unlock then it will require a fix from the devs.
Has anyone reported this bug to them?

20 minutes ago, Anankha said:

I’m beginning to suspect that is the case. 
I have noticed that the Clerk’s office safe must be opened twice though.
No need to playthrough both characters as there’s 30 keys overall (between the characters) but each can only use 29 which is the required number for the trophy.

Also when playing as Edward in the Infirmary the door which Emily unlocks shows to him as requiring a key (locked symbol) which suggests that it is this which is preventing the trophy as Edward cannot unlock this door. I suspect it should show (to him) as blocked.
I’m currently playing through as Emily & following the tutorial to the letter, if it still doesn’t unlock then it will require a fix from the devs.
Has anyone reported this bug to them?

Actually, I don't believe you NEED to open the clerk's safe twice - the first time you only get the "Alone in the Dark" Lagniappe.

This could be a stretch, but maybe going to that safe twice fucks up the counter?

Of course the mezzanine door is an issue in itself, but perhaps the counter is getting messed up.

Doing 9th run right now to see if going to the safe once changes anything.

Also maybe another stretch, but perhaps deleting all save files and Lagniappes in the options menu helps wipe the issue if it's due to overwriting

12 minutes ago, RevNexus said:

Actually, I don't believe you NEED to open the clerk's safe twice - the first time you only get the "Alone in the Dark" Lagniappe.

This could be a stretch, but maybe going to that safe twice fucks up the counter?

Of course the mezzanine door is an issue in itself, but perhaps the counter is getting messed up.

Also maybe another stretch, but perhaps deleting all save files and Lagniappes in the options menu helps wipe the issue if it's due to overwriting

I've considered wiping save data, but at this point I've thrown in the towel until a patch.

3 minutes ago, MrFirebugJr said:

I've considered wiping save data, but at this point I've thrown in the towel until a patch.

fair enough 🤣 I'm about there but I'm going to try one more time

i did that but started on different account. did not unlock safe twice and i noticed that the door to stairwell is locked after boat and theres no way back to unlock it again working on emily run now to see if it unlocks when i  open that door with here in infirmary. i assume u should be able to get on one character. also the 2nd cler4ks safe does not show as unopened irf u dont unlok unlock it early. think about it this way the safe is not ment to be opend first except for the collectible which does not show second time because if there was not internet we would never know the code till late game.

3 hours ago, RevNexus said:

Nope, tried it several times without opening the safe to get the Alone in the Dark. I only tried it as the safe shows as unopened otherwise even after opening to get the key. As for the bug which locks the Mezzanine door it locked several times during playthrough for me at least {once unlocked it shows locked again before obtaining the camera bulb/flash (Ruth’s room?) & a third time after the flood}. Tbh Powerpyx’s guide mentions opening the safe to get the ‘Dark’ comic &  again to get the key, another reason why I tried it. I’ve also tried not checking the safe before opening.

I’ve tried opening the Mezzanine door once during an earlier playthrough for this trophy.

I suspect the cause is due to an unopenable door for Edward, this is the door Emily opens to the Infirmary but if Edward checks this door it shows that it is locked. I would’ve expected it to show as blocked for him.

Edited by Anankha
Addendum.

Those trophies are not designed to either unlock all doors in one run or collecting the clues in one run or to have all the conversations cause all of them popped for me after 2nd and 3rd playthrough not collecting everything, just saying :)

Edited by Pawelos21

18 minutes ago, Anankha said:

I suspect the cause is due to an unopenable door for Edward, this is the door Emily opens to the Infirmary but if Edward checks this door it shows that it is locked. I would’ve expected it to show as blocked for him.

100% Solid chance that's the issue cause I noticed that on all my Edward runs. It's either that or mezzanine door or both

2 hours ago, Pawelos21 said:

Those trophies are not designed to either unlock all doors in one run or collecting the clues in one run or to have all the conversations cause all of them popped for me after 2nd and 3rd playthrough not collecting everything, just saying :)

possibly but i just completed game with both people on a  fresh save did all but the first safe both times then did safe on both and still nothing. u got the doors trophy?? 

2 hours ago, RevNexus said:

100% Solid chance that's the issue cause I noticed that on all my Edward runs. It's either that or mezzanine door or both

if thats the case theres a lot of doors that relock that you open through out the game. that door with edward is not supposed to be open by him. 

has hakki said anything about?

Edited by ckleckner78

Did not do the trophy yet, but sent an email to THQ Nordic. If there will be no patch updates then I will do everything in my power to figure it out, but I know it is possible cause at least two other people got it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mudzami-san said:

Guys, does anyone know when a patch for the game will be released?

This dev is a small company so prob couple of months of wait👍 the reason i say that is because the guys that made atomic heart i believe was also couple of months👍 its a different dev, but still.

Edited by DividedByMankind
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ckleckner78 said:

now the question is did they get it without the new patch or after? i wonder if n unpatched version (disc) can get it?

Divided got it on the 24, first guy got it on the 21st. who knows. I do have disc version tho

Edited by RevNexus

35 minutes ago, RevNexus said:

Divided got it on the 24, first guy got it on the 21st. who knows. I do have disc version tho

try unpatched n see what happens if that dont work im out of ideas n they just got lucky af

Edited by ckleckner78

7 minutes ago, ckleckner78 said:

try unpatched n see what happens if that dont work im out of ideas n they just got lucky af

how do I even revert prior to the patch? I've heard you delete the game, redownload, then play offline or some shit? Down to do it but a little confused

Edited by RevNexus

delete your game, turn off internet in the ps5 settings, pop disc back and give it a go or just pause the update download

But i don't think its gonna do any difference cos powerpyx was playin non patched version when he was posting his guide i believe 

Edited by ozoevil
top up

10 minutes ago, Anankha said:

Has anyone tried deleting their saves & Lagniappes via the settings & just trying for this trophy?

yes 

2 hours ago, ozoevil said:

delete your game, turn off internet in the ps5 settings, pop disc back and give it a go or just pause the update download

But i don't think its gonna do any difference cos powerpyx was playin non patched version when he was posting his guide i believe 

ur prob right im just spitting out ideas like we did when the quarry trophy was bugged

OK, peeps who have physical version r in luck.

Play as Emily non patched version, open up as u usually do up until u can't progress further in the staircase. Download patch and update your game, after that u can progress further, but i did stop as soon as i get in to snow area, then start a new game play as Edward open first safe 913 and trophy pops.

One more thing i did boat section first and then ww1 segment.

Edited by ozoevil
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ozoevil said:

Play as Emily non patched version, open up as u usually do up until u can't progress further in the staircase. Download patch and update your game, after that u can progress further, but i did stop as soon as i get in to snow area, then start a new game play as Edward open first safe 913 and trophy pops.

Congrats for the success! :) I intend to try this tonight. Could you please explain a bit more, it was not totally clear for me what to do, because I haven't played unpatched version at all.

Should I start a new game with Emily unpatched version and open all doors, locks, safes, and then at some point it is impossible to progress further in the unpatched version?

3 hours ago, ozoevil said:

Yes, I was about to ask the same questions Eredaar- asked, because I'm gonna try this tonight and I don't want to screw it up since downloading this patch takes about 3 hours with my slow-ass internet. I already started my 1.00 run with Emily. I hope I didn't have to delete all my old saves? Because I kept them.