GOTY Edition

TheWayne-o

Hi all,

I've just started playing this game today after purchasing the GOTY edition and just had a few quick questions regarding the DLC content:

1. Do I have to access this through the 'extra content' icon/option that appears on the PS3 home screen when the game is inserted or can you reach a point in the game and the extra content is automatically accessible (e.g by going to a certain part of the map)?

2. Is the DLC affected by the upcoming server shutdown? Can I still access it after this date (I'm assuming I can because I have the physical copy)?

Thanks in advance.

Wayne

You travel to the DLC locations through the fast travel nodes around the world. You don't even need to do the mission further on in the game that rewards you with the ability to use them in order to actually reach the DLC locations, which is pretty cool. 

And the server shutdowns won't affect your DLC at all, it will just impede or stop multiplayer altogether. So, unless you have two controllers, try to get those multiplayer trophies before the shutdowns!

If your GOTY edition is the same as mine then you would have to first install the DLC via the bubble icon that appears on the PS3 home screen when you insert the disc. Once you click on the bubble it should then give you the 4 different DLCs to install. Once you have done that you can then access them while playing the game as Gravesound stated above.

I am playing the standard version and want the DLC but it's cheaper to buy GOTY than separately, will this work or will it add another game to my list?

Also what trophies do you recommend doing before servers close to make life easier?

Cheers

The GOTY edition has a seperate disc with the DLC on it, you "play" this disc to install the DLC, it should work on any disc or digital version of BL. I sugguest just joining a random online game to get the trophy for Gearbox workers. Everything else can be done with a 2nd controller I think. Can't remember DLC trophies, but you'll need help with Crawermax.

The GOTY edition has a seperate disc with the DLC on it, you "play" this disc to install the DLC, it should work on any disc or digital version of BL. I sugguest just joining a random online game to get the trophy for Gearbox workers. Everything else can be done with a 2nd controller I think. Can't remember DLC trophies, but you'll need help with Crawermax.

So I can just use the disc and install it and play it through my original game? Does it have codes etc as I will get it 2nd hand if not?

So I can just use the disc and install it and play it through my original game? Does it have codes etc as I will get it 2nd hand if not?

Can't remember any codes, just install the dlc, then insert game disc and you can play them through that. Think mine was 2nd hand also, worked fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Can't remember any codes, just install the dlc, then insert game disc and you can play them through that. Think mine was 2nd hand also, worked fine.

There are actually two (2) different GOTY editions. The first one had vouchers to be redeemed in the PS Store to access download of them from there. The second one included all DLCs on disc. The two editions are almost identical, except from at yellow bared text in the middle of the back of the voucher edition box that tells you it includes a one time only voucher for use in PS Store. See attached picture. The disc DLC version does not have this text.

post-128963-0-31343200-1439038024_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guenter_G