Dead Cells 2024 Difficulty Assessment

VoidVictorious

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, This has been in the game the whole time? (For me anyways as im a late adopter of the game)

here i was playing this the ‘standard way’

hopefully this makes the boss cell runs a little more manageable

i did all the other base game ‘hard trophies’ without assist mode, no hit boss runs etc

least i dont have to ‘save scum’ anymore it seems

On 4/15/2024 at 4:42 PM, VoidVictorious said:

What do you guys think of the difficulty now that an assist mode has been added? Also, are they finally finished with the dlc?

DLC is done and the devs announced they've move on.

It's still a pretty tough platinum/completion, but not that hard now with assist mode.  Maybe a 6/10?  No hit boss kills can be easily cheesed on 0 cell runs with end game builds.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

DLC is done and the devs announced they've move on.

It's still a pretty tough platinum/completion, but not that hard now with assist mode.  Maybe a 6/10?  No hit boss kills can be easily cheesed on 0 cell runs with end game builds.

I don't really think it's 6/10 difficulty wise, especially if you stick to ranged weapons. Most enemies and bosses won't even get time to hit you back if you have a proper build.

It's just a long project to 100% because of all the needed RNG drops and the massive amount of playthroughs needed to get everything done. The hardest trophy I would say is getting through Lighthouse without hits because that boss encounter has platforming sections where you need to be fast but yeah even that, like every boss can be save scummed.

As someone who just recently got the 100%, feels like a 5/10 at most. The hardest trophy imo is the lighthouse without getting hit as said above and 5BC along with the Collector no damage trophy. Honestly using any good combination of tactics build can make it a breeze, even without assist mode. It is one of my favorite indies of all time though, there are still many other ways to destroy bosses and 4BC and above that isn't tactics related builds.

Electric whip, hokuto bow, acrobatipack for the win

I recently did the 100% in 4 days. I'd give it a 4/10 difficulty rating. You can now create manual saves inbetween boss phases and after each section in the lighthouse to make the hardest trophies (including the higher BC runs) laughably easy. If you get hit, reload last save and play the last few seconds again. 

Now it's just about finding a good build that works for you. I usually played a purple stat based build with (cross)bows and traps, which was very powerful and easy to play.

7 hours ago, AvariceInc said:

I don't really think it's 6/10 difficulty wise, especially if you stick to ranged weapons. Most enemies and bosses won't even get time to hit you back if you have a proper build.

It's just a long project to 100% because of all the needed RNG drops and the massive amount of playthroughs needed to get everything done. The hardest trophy I would say is getting through Lighthouse without hits because that boss encounter has platforming sections where you need to be fast but yeah even that, like every boss can be save scummed.

I can totally see that, yeah maybe a 4/10.  The lighthouse one is pretty nasty.

I did the list twice, once here from scratch and went back to my Steam copy and cleaned it up there.

I think my PSN runs totalled 50 to get the hundred percent, and that was using a guide and always working towards something each run.

Yeah.. this game just went into easy mode with assist mode!!

i just breezed through a couple of boss cell runs last night, i was going to pass on the free ps5 upgrade not really knowing of this but ill do it again, its more enjoyable now that i dont need to punish myself through the game as i already was!

Im going to make the ps4 version my next platinum milestone now that its easier to align ;)

i originally started this game on the switch and loved it and as i did with the PlayStation copy, i completely ignored or was just oblivious to the assist mode